Good dadrock

Dadrock that's actually good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YlcY_enzwmI
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i guess my dad liked misfits and fugazi since were no longer considering dadrock shit like pink floyd and led zeppelin

*blocks your path*

Nirvana is Melvins for plebs lol

they're both good and for the most part they sound completely different. Even the pixies are a bad comparison because nirvana actually had a diverse sound as far as mainstream rock goes.

Nirvana is now dad rock?

Unironically one of the best of the decade.

Easily.

Memes aside I really wish they were able to do their own ver of "Double Fantasy". Would have been incredible

I can only imagine Kurt's headless corpse turning in its grave upon being called dad rock

He was cremated

F

The White Stripes and The Strokes were big when I was 13 years old. Plenty of my peers are fathers now.

One of my favorites and perhaps the best live album of all time.

I would say the cutoff date for Dadrock is Dec 31, 1989.

the band and 'blonde on blonde' are ground zero for dad rock

Dad rock is rock music that fathers of any age would have listned to.

The newest class of dadrock bands are those awful -core bands from the later half of the 00s.

my dad is mexican and listens to accordion music. Every time some hipster dipshit with daddy issues passively aggressively uses the word dad rock i want to stomp on his face

I hear you man.

zztop is a good dad band. also the moody blues. simon and garfunkel. guess it depends on how old your dad is

Nevermind came out before I was born, and a LOT of the people I graduated with have kids now. So yes, it's dadrock as fuck.

Emerson Lake and Palmer is more Boomer rock but I have been getting into it lately. Its really textured.

Paul McCartney & Wings
Rush
The Police
Raspberries
Shoes
Queen
UFO
Cheap Trick
Van Halen
The Cars
The Nerves
Blondie
Big Star
Badfinger
The Plimsouls
The Knack
Talking Heads
Duran Duran
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Jesus and Mary Chain
R.E.M.
The Cure
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Pixies
Dinosaur Jr.

Who is this girl? I wonder if she's still a model...

led zep fucking crushes

Leilani Bishop, she actually recreated the cover a few years back.

Leilani Bishop

Nevermind.

>Nirvana is now considered dadrock
Back in my time it was mainly listened by 13 year olds. And I'm only 21.

Radiohead

while i'm autistic about alternative album covers i don't think i'd be too mad if this was used for a LTT reissue

Nirvana fans are fat, married and conservative now

>fit
>married
>conservative
So close.

Genesis

these albums were written by the same person

F

Courtney and Eric Erlandson are very talented yes, so nice of them to help out her husband.

youtube.com/watch?v=YlcY_enzwmI

premium dadrock

"it'll be alright, we can rock n roll all night"

>write your wife's album
>kills you anyway

i never understood this meme since hole's songs were credited to the entire band, even tho basically only 2 of them did everything. and even ignoring that the lyrical content is very girly

Hole is proto buttrock about 9 times out of 10

>Expecting Nirvanababbies to know how to read
You fucked up

Back in my time, it was mainly being listened to by 13 year olds. And I'm 37.

nirvana is garbage. shit thread/10 OP. cornell urself my man.

People just can't live with the fact that they like music made by Courtney Love so they make up some story like "Well, no, it's aktshually Kurt Cobain™ so it's ok to like it!"

Her songwriting is clearly nowhere near Cobain's

>Even the pixies are a bad comparison because nirvana actually had a diverse sound
>Nirvana were more diverse than Pixies
Holy shit kys my man

I AM DOLL PARTS

Well it's not like he would give her his best stuff.

>Tranny
>Kills himself
checks out.

I wish my voice was that powerful

No like even his regular stuff. She walks on me is the only song that sounds like Nirvana, mainly because it sounds like a tourettes rip off. Other than that, the songs are way too on the nose and buttrocky.

>implying you've heard every musical idea he's ever come up with.
>implying like all musicians he doesn't pick and choose what to release under his official name and what not to
>implying it's impossible for him to write what you view as "buttrocky" music

Except the burden of proof is on you to prove that Cobain wrote those songs. Besides the fact that he claimed he didn't, they don't sound like something he'd write, and the fact that you can hear Nirvana's back catalog AND some of Cobain's home tapes and nothing of it sounds like Hole's stuff to add on top of that.

I'm not arguing that he did, but it's dumb to say he couldn't have simply because Nirvana doesn't sound like Hole, as if Nirvana is the only thing he knows how to write.
If you're in a Death Metal band and write a country song in your spare time for fun, you're not going to release that to the public.
But if your wife was trying to get her Country music career up and running, you might give it to her.

before live through this hole was doing noise rock. her and kurt were on completely different mindsets when they started their bands. nirvana was always about being more commercially accessible, not that there's anything wrong with that.

anyway, if someone is secretly writing shit you claim to be your own, you don't go on to add MORE people to the credits. kat bjelland has a fucking writing credit on one of the songs like...

Kurt could have written most of it, or the basic skeleton of the songs and the members of Hole could have added things to it while rehearing and recording it earning their own writing credits.
I don't assume he did write any of it, but these aren't good arguments against the theory.

they're actually pretty fucking good

it's really not since it's baseless and that same "argument" can be used if someone wanted to say she wrote in utero for kurt.

kat bjelland is not a member of hole. doll parts was written by only courtney, why didn't hole's guitarist demand to be added to the credits in that song when he has one for everything else on the album? except credit in the straight world which is a cover

critical thinking

>why didn't hole's guitarist demand to be added to the credits in that song
Maybe because he contributed nothing to it?
critical thinking.