youtu.be/80EiV0kIAG0
youtube.com/watch?v=W_IQuRfxMOs
youtube.com/watch?v=qtqTv5xEOh0
youtube.com/watch?v=oxku_vfh79w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

any shoegaze release
any dreampop release
merzbow

sofia coppola is literally "teehee i'm not like the other girls XD" the director, though, that isn't a bad thing.

Imagine the smell...

shit movie

Scarlett character was trash and ruined everything

Muh diq

Is this a... chick flick

yes, main character is artsy girl with ivy league degree in philosophy, hip japanese friends, constant attention by cuck boyfriend who is artist traveling the world. She is also undergoing spiritual crisis and beening 22 yet haven't found direction in life :'((((((((

What about the more electronic stuff?

>shit movie
pleb spotted

more than pleb i would say, because lost in translation is entry level as fuck

>yes, main character is artsy girl with ivy league degree in philosophy, hip japanese friends, constant attention by cuck boyfriend who is artist traveling the world. She is also undergoing spiritual crisis and beening 22 yet haven't found direction in life :'((((((((

You are hating the film because of the context of a character lol

in the mood for love is 100 times better than this trash

so why sophia didn't make realistic character instead of her power fantasy?

top meme comparation, not even thematically similar

because the character context is not the important thing, its all about the relation and the building of a friendship of two lost souls in an emotionally hostile enviroment, nothing more.

The film is an audiovisual masterpiece, the themes are really subtle. Its funny how hated this film is in Sup Forums, knowing that the film has a total musical approach, you can watch this without giving a fuck about the plot and still love it.

try this

this one totally suits the movie, i cant stop relating the two

youtube.com/watch?v=wLe_-ZZbs5k

>scarlett was 17 when they shot the movie

meme opinion, kys
literally nothing in common pleb

really makes you think..

>top meme comparation, not even thematically similar

Lost in translation is basically remake and even director herself addressed that in her Oscar speech...

>because the character context is not the important thing
>friendship of two lost souls in an emotionally hostile enviroment, nothing more

But we don't care about characters at all as they are both infantile idiots.
>audiovisual masterpiece
entry level dream pop and visuals that exactly encapsulate the spirit neon city amateur tourist photographer
>the themes are really subtle
you mean subtle cultural shock and other colloquial shit experienced by teenage travelers in japan?

Silly goose

>Lost in translation is basically remake and even director herself addressed that in her Oscar speech...

She said that she is influenced by wong kar way, Godard and Antonioni, which is true. But if you really think that is a remake, then, you should watch more films honestly and stop spouting meme opinions.
>But we don't care about characters at all as they are both infantile idiots.

as i said, that's subjective and not the focus of the film at all. Don't watch movies for the plot please

>entry level dream pop and visuals that exactly encapsulate the spirit neon city amateur tourist photographer

ok

>the themes are really subtle
>you mean subtle cultural shock and other colloquial shit experienced by teenage travelers in japan?

That sounds like the interpretation of an eight year old

>*gong noise* YOOOOOOOO
>asians who all rook the same and can't act
vs
>an actual solid soundtrack
>competent actors
haha okay dude

I criticize movie, you "criticize" me. Your opinion is trash, lost in translation sucks.

>competent actors

scarlett is a good actress when she care, watch under the skin

youtu.be/80EiV0kIAG0

That was pretty sexy.

i critisize your retarded opinions. You are not talking about the film, and as you can imagine, your opinions can't generate any debate.

>Charlotte: [on the phone] I went to this temple and all these monks were chanting and I didn't feel anything

did you even watched the movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=W_IQuRfxMOs

that's just a way to show the viewer that she was depressed and lonely.

what do you even mean quoting that

It is quote by someone with degree in philosophy, all movie full of cringe nonsensical "life truth" like that. Even Bill speaks shit about family.

Movie is full of awful reddit idiosyncrasies, like bill talking crazy shit with "funny" japanese cripple at hospital and ending with kawaii doll. Or "adventurous" karaoke party with some random scarlet friend. Also fucking Anna Farris character. Any self respected critic call it a romantic comedy, only complete morons claim it is some sort of audiovisual emotional voyage...

youtube.com/watch?v=qtqTv5xEOh0

Also it was considered purely comedy until people realized that it is full of racial and cultural insensitivities like r-l, asian prostitutes, politeness, weirdness etc. Saying that context doesn't matter is absurd.

just put burial on and open some night life in Seoul video and here another masterpiece for you. You vain and void as it is your appreciation of movies.

Thanks for these

Roxy Music - If There Is Something
Suede - The Chemistry Between Us

sounds of vomiting.

youtube.com/watch?v=oxku_vfh79w

this movie sucks, its the japan version of that movie where the kid has alot of RC controlled cars, or that 89 movie about games called the wizard....