Does 'Citizen Kane' still deserve to be labelled "the best movie ever"?

There's no doubt that the film was very monumental and left a huge impact on the world of cinema, but does it still truly deserve its title of "best movie ever made"?

Keep in mind, this question isn't necessarily about personal preference, but rather a question of whether or not the film is more deserving of its title than any of the other groundbreaking films that have existed throughout the years.

I think so. Could you name a movie more deserving of the title?

Says who?

Do not post that ugly kike on my board again, gaypedojew

sage

Nominate another one.

Pulp Fiction single handedly changed independent cinema and ultimately had a large part in shaping modern Hollywood into what it is today. It's more important than CK in every way.

kek

Boyhood

Got a serious answer there?

Being the "best" movie ever only speaks to the craft of filmmaking and how influential it was. It can be the greatest or most well made film of all time but that doesn't mean it has to be your favorite.

Harakiri.

great arguments

>wants an argument on why Pulp Fiction is not more seminal to American filmmaking than Citizen Kane
Got a serious answer though?

not diverse enough to be the best ever in 2016
beasts of no nation is probably the GOAT now

Definitely best American film ever made. I think The Seventh Seal gives it a run for best movie ever!!!FACT!!!

Again, not an argument. Multiple serious books have been written about the influence of Pulp Fiction and its effect on mid-90s golden age independent film. It was a game changer. But feel free to put no effort into you next contribution again.

>multiple books have been written about it and it influenced about 20 years of filmmaking therefore it must be the greatest
Look up how much has been written about CK.

Pulp Fiction was the most influential American movie of the 90's but CK's use of technique, both from a storytelling perspective and camerawork, was truly revolutionary for the time and had an impact that can't be measured. I love PF but it only influenced the 90's "indie" cinema movement which has subsided as budgets have gone out of control while most of the people who aspired to make movies like it only did so in order to get their foot in the door and grab the latest studio tentpole film!!!FACT!!!

Pulp Fiction was really influential but it didn't set the foundations for an entire art form like Citizen Kane did, not every movie is non-linear and character driven whereas you'd be hard pressed to find a movie that doesn't have continuity editing, a cinematic langue and cinimatography that directs where the audience is looking.

Yes, and nothing should ever trump it

As far as American films go, The Searchers is the only thing that comes close.

Citizen Kane isn't even the best movie of 1941.

edgy

I could get behind this

I personally prefer Frozen

I think The Godfather should get it.