Horror/Halloween movie recommendations Bread?

Spook day is getting dangerously close and I'm barely in the Halloween spirit. I was thinking we could have a decent recommendation thread (Preferably one that doesn't devolve into a racewar like most Sup Forums threads)
Horror, suspense, Halloween specials, pretty much anything spook

GAS THE KIKES

The Thing (1982)
Fright Night (1985)
Halloween I and II (Not the Rob Zombie ones)
Sleepaway Camp
Friday the 13th Parts 1-3

Is fright night actually good?

Yeah, it's way better than the Lost Boys in the case of 80s vampire movies and it really has a Halloween vibe to it

I'll check it out my dude

Trick r Treat is a classic

Yeah it really is a throwback to post modern horror.It's light playful almost at some points but then it socks you right in the mouth with it's dark musky terror, plus Colin Farrell is just down right dreamy

Where is the guy that streams Are you afraid of the dark every halloween?

>Fright Night (1985)

Saw Starry Eyes recently. It was decent, I'd recommend 6/10

The Grudge scared me in how it was inescapable. Not even hiding under the covers worked. I don't watch much horror though.

I refuse to keep this image saved

more recommendations please

Dead silence

M-Mommy ?

The Fly (the 80's David Cronenberg one)

The original with Vincent Price is good too, but I watch the remake way more often for the God-tier practical creature/gore effects.

>the fly
>not videodrome or the brood
top pleb
pic related is what you should do

You're right about Videodrome being better, Fly was just fresh on my mind because I watched it tonight.

I haven't seen The Brood, I'll have to check it out.

brood is great desu
it takes a while to come together, but once it does its an excellent concept
very personal and intimate film, almost plays like a drama at some places, but still has that well thought out, crazy psychological/body horror aspect, i would go as far to say its one of his scariest imo in some places

Can I get recommendations that aren't old as shit? Or did the horror genre peak in 1983?

Michael Haneke's first film "The Seventh Continent" is kind of a domestic psycho-horror. It's more disturbing than most films I've seen, though it's not focused on gore/jump-cuts/etc.

>better than lost boys
It's good but cmon

peaked in the 70s and 80s sorry bud

My best friends a vampire