How many more albums will Tool release until one of them is dead?

How many more albums will Tool release until one of them is dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bllyBqJaZds
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8F495B772CDC6173
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How many more of these threads will OP release until he is dead?

None... They don't do shit anymore.

cmon, it's just a second time and first time today, so fuck off. You are still here too.

>protip: that was my last thread
>protip2: cringe

Tool make MOR shite metal, I don't understand why their fans think they are on some kind of higher level.

You didn't listen to them long enough. Love for Tool has been growing on me for years. But maybe it's because I listen to them every time I get high. Try doing that, unforgettable experience.

Tool is a favorite of many pseudo-intellectual teenagers (their first album came out in 1991, the band is old as fuck) and faggots. They're a band which thinks that writing lyrics about lachrymology makes them artistic. The band, led by midget Maynard James Keenan, is known for their deep and insightful songs about enemas, fisting, Maynard's penis, and being raped in the ass by one's stepfather as a child, as well as their "highly technical" instrumentation. On closer examination, Tool's lyrics reveal that the band are really just a bunch of retards who read too much and should shut the fuck up. For better or worse, Tool's pretentious literary aspirations have not affected any Tool fans, whose literacy rate remains at a steady zero.

They're all dead the second they come out. Tool is unoriginal, overproduced horse shit.

>How many more albums will Tool release until one of them is dead?
idk hopefully some more. i think they're alright usually and some of the stuff is pretty good. go, tool

Tool is ultimately another shitty alternative metal band that claims they have "profoundly deep musicianship and songwriting" to prevent people from thinking they suck. WAT RLY MAEKS DEM SPECIAL IS DAT DEY USE SPECUL TIEM SIGNATUREZ TO MAEK ALL DER SONGZ SOUND EXACTLY TEH SAME!!!!!!!! However, when you take away all the progressive breakdowns (aka 8 minutes with only 30 seconds of pretentious substance) they sound exactly like Nickelback. Tool is also "praised" for their incorporation of visual arts, as if awkwardly slapping stop-motion into videos or shitty 3D into liner notes is something no one's ever done before.

If you ever see a scraggly emo reject with a dick wrench shirt on avoid him like the goddamn plague. Alternatively, kill it with fire.

Perhaps the faggiest aspect of this band is their fanbase, who over-analyze every last lyric or detail about the band ad absurdum, and think Tool members are Gods and Maynard is an alien that will lead them to salvation. Most of the fans are whiny angsty teenagers, who are closely related to Emo kids, but unlike emos, they unfortunately don't try to kill themselves.

TOOL is one of the laziest bands on the planet.
Plus, most of their 'grand concepts' is just re-arranged copy paste from other bands.

If I'm listening to metal when high it's normally stuff like Neurosis, Old Man Gloom, Sleep, Electric Wizard, The Angelic Process, Melvins, Goatsnake and the like.

Tool just bore me to tears.

you know a lot about them for a hater. lol kys right now

yeah, tool is about crying mate, just let it all out

It never ceases to amaze me how enraged people get over this band. I mean, it would be one thing to actually dive into the composition of their records and explain why they're shitty, or how they rip off other records or whatever, but that never happens. They're usually triggered by the more flamboyant demographic of their fanbase, or by the perceived pretentiousness of their lyrics. I mean, these are not even surface-level criticisms of the music, and the band has gone on record multiple times to state they're just jamming, not trying to start a fucking zeitgeist or whatever.

One.

:D agreed

Next album is Tool's last.

>just re-arranged copy paste from other bands
so just like every other band

How do you guys feel about alice in chains then.

I love them but this made me kek

More like
Alice in noose

Just in case anyone else was wondering... Here you go

Next thing you know, OP is gonna say this is real music.

Grunge just isn't for me. A lot of the vocalists have this croaky, drawling timbre that just annoys the piss out of me and while compositions of songs don't have to be crazy complex or precise, they do have to be backed by a particularly interesting aspect of instrumentation/production for me to get into them. Grunge hasn't offered me that, but similar genres like sludge and stoner doom have.

They have like 1 good song. For some reason they sound really lame to me, like Foo Fighters.

Not much longer now

Bitch I bet you can't even play an instrument.

Let alone do the licks and riffs Adam does.

I can take them or leave them really but - much like Nirvana - AIC's own Unplugged session was a masterstroke. I can listen to that album over and over.

Sounds like a lot of talentless faggot are in this thread. Tools music is the apitamy of rock. And the fact that tons of fans are awaiting their next album us proof of the impact they had.

>comparing tool to..... foo fighters

Do you even listen to music?

>apitamy

He's talking about Alice in Chains, you dyslexic nut muffler.

Hoping when they release their next album, they tour.
I'm planning on tripping to Lateralus again tomorrow actually. Made the mistake of doing the same to Undertow and it was a bad experience.

The first time I tripped, I took two drops and started listening to Vektor when I peaked. It was so fucking fun. I don't think there's such thing as bad music to trip to, not for me anyway.

I can say you sound talentless too faggot

Not enough... >relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=bllyBqJaZds

>I'm planning on tripping to Lateralus again tomorrow actually
I can't imagine tripping and actually wasting my precious time listening to music as bland as tool.

ok let's just stop calling ourselves subjective names, okay?

What is talent in music if you dont make everything you use? From the instrument to the recording device

Take existential ideology, explain it with adolescent humor, drop it on an odd time signature, add in guitar riffs that escalate and then drop, rinse repeat. Bam, you have a tool song. They have a formula, which is why you hear so many rumors that the band has "hours and hours" of material written. It's not that hard, it just sounds amazing, because it's written to sound amazing, its hard to make a song that doesn't sound good when it's foundation is fundamental rhythms. I'm not dogging on them, aside from all the cult like following, they really are musical geniuses. They found a formula guaranteed to work musically, and added themes that pull in people just like tv shows and movies. Death, drugs, spirituality, sexuality, adolescent humor. It really is well designed when you break it down.

>I can't imagine tripping and actually wasting my precious time listening to music I don't like

Same.

You did such a running start to that post that it hit me like a bullterier. You are dogging on them. You are trying to prove something, but what is it? Oh, that they are not real artists because they are following a pattern? I thought that's what makes bands' sound and style, hmm?

what

Because your capacity to build recording devices is not indicative of your capacity to make good music?

>odd time signature
Not really, unless you consider anything that's not 4/4 'odd'. They're hardly Hella or Don Caballero.

Hapless Tool fan boy here. I listen to every song they've made often, still 15 years after discovering them.

We should just expect one more album and then nothing more. That way any extra will be a bonus.
I reckon Maynard will call it quits even if one of them doesn't die.
I will be extremely sad when they do, but Tool are so slow at releasing music I've grown accustomed to waiting.

don't tease me faggot ;^)
lol first time in my life I wrote that emoticon and it did annoy the fuck of me before. I finally get it. ^ is the nose.

yeah man. Have you came through any tragedy in your childhood? I'm used to waiting too.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was dogging on them. I mean they understand music, they don't just play shit until it sounds good and then add drums onto it for a beat like most other bands. People hate on tool because of the fans, and Maynard, he's a dick, but they make music no one else makes. You only hear "this tool is shit" from fans, No matter what genre in the industry you ask, everyone has nothing but good things to say about Tool. Alot of metal and rock bands admit they look up to them. People that say shit about Tool just to say shit about them erk me.

>how they rip off other records
Years ago when having a nostalgia binge on the jewtubes I noticed that the tool single that has the chorus something like
>i know the pieces fit
>cuz i watched them fall away
Is totally ripped off from a early 90s pc game. Still haven't noticed it in the comments yet, but it is one of the tracks from this channel: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8F495B772CDC6173
It's the exact same melody/notes.

heh, my best friend loves mocking me for loving them. fucking annoying as fuck

muh metal

One of them out of 100+ videos each averaging 30 mins to an hour

I saw Tool live last year

i mean... why are they named Tool when their logo clearly says fool?

>Tool is unoriginal

You understand how an arrangement of notes, a melody, can be unconsciously written after a similar arrangement has already been written, right? I mean, I won't dismiss that one of the guys from Tool MAY have heard this one in particular, but it's hardly indicative of the whole piece being a copycat of something.

I know, I'm rolling through the comments because plenty of people noticed it, honestly can't believe I never heard anything else about it. I remember thinking I should get into social media at the time to expose tool but thought about how much I enjoyed their music in the early 90s. I'm about a third of the way through and will link the traack if this thread is still up when I find it.

Yeah, I do understand that. The bass line from that tool song is very distinctive and unmistakably ripped from this 90s pc gayme OST, but unconsciously or not, it is the same riff.

I have a feeling that this years album is their last one. The guys are getting old, Maynard is not that edgy and is kinda happy now so no more good ANGERY songs. Also I bet that they can't bring that much cash in anymore and will switch to other projects permanently. They had a good run though.

Overly pretentious band with overly pretentious fans.

The new APC single is plenty ANGERY, famalam.

Overly contentious poster with overly contentious critique that has nothing to do with music.

>You mean "Disillusioned"? It's edgy society hating but it doesn't have the raw, clenched teeth anger songs like "Jerk-Off" had. I really enjoyed those.

Why did I greentext that? I guess I'm retarded ecksdee

ITT: People trying way to hard to justify their musical preferences when music has always been a subjective art form.

is this thread pretencious? The only pretencious ones are people saying bullthis like you. Get the fuck
out of my face
what do you know about anything
especially this
I will give you credit
you do make me laugh
for trying
too hard

>this years album is their last one
>They will die in our lifetime

Why can't they and David Bowie live forever?

Well Bowie did a shit ton of coke and other cool stuff for starters.