Thoughts on Universal Monsters?

Thoughts on Universal Monsters?
Which film and monster is your favorite?
Son of Frankenstein and Gill-man are my picks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ut76Wnr5KPs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

were they the first Cinematic Universe?

Love them. Definitely agree with your picks.

Also like Bride and House of Frankenstein. All of these movies are strangely comfy horror.

>were they the first Cinematic Universe?

Definitely.

Been doing some portraits of the universal monsters this weekend.

Currently on Bride of Frankenstein

Tod Browning's Dracula is by far my favorite with Freaks and Frankenstein a close second.

They look pretty nice.

Pic related is a must watch for fans of these flicks.
I like it.

Always like the Mummy, myself

Is that from one of the Hammer films?
I haven't watched them yet.

Just saw this movie for the first time last year. Loved it, would have loved it when I was a kid too.

No, as the filename suggests it's from Waxwork (1988).

Objectively has the best design for the Creature.

I saw The Invisible Man last night and I was surprised how funny it was. The audience I was in laughed a lot. Solidly entertaining movie

Great series but incredibly uneven so you actually need to find your own "canon."

Dracula and The Wolf-Man stand on their own pretty good. The Invisible Man and The Mummy had sequels but they had nothing to do with the original so that's good.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon trilogy is seriously very even and has a great ending. A true rarity in Hollywood.
Frankenstein is a bit troublesome but I usually only count the first three movies (the Karloff trilogy).Ghost of Frankenstein is pretty bad anyway.
Crossover movies are a different beast entirely.

Sweet! Don't forget, BoF is a redhead.

Any votes for next, I have a bunch more planned.

Well...

I've only seen the first installment in each of the series(Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Wolfman, Creature From The Black Lagoon). Which sequels are the most worth watching?

Bride of Frankenstein is one of the most renowned sequels in film history.

The Mummy "sequels" give you actual mummy action, but the timeline is...tiresome. Take that as a sincere warning.

The last one takes place in the 90s while still made in the 40s.

The Wolfman is, undoubtedly, the best Universal Monster film.

It is the only film to go deep into the nature of man and tell the story of a good man who is kind, but forced to commit terrible acts of violence due to becoming a Werewolf.

It's one of the most well-written, well-shot, and intelligent Universal Monster movies. It's the only one that has something profound to say.

Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man is good, though it does go downhill halfway though.
I really love this scene for some reason youtube.com/watch?v=ut76Wnr5KPs