/who/ - Doctor Who General

Class episode 3, 'Nightvisiting', is out.

Episode: mega.nz/#!6pgGGDRS!09G4RohP251-o4hPZFg4HQ5IPOEYakEKM_Nfhmct7-U

Subtitles: sendspace.com/file/bl6n5n

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/WhoogleNews/status/791627408713449472
twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/792302788214722560
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what Quill has in common with the Doctor

I guess we'll have to see how it plays out before determining if it's a real triangle or not

Ram + waifu kissed in this episode plus you can see them fucking in the next time preview

>Class gay enough to have gay sex, but not gay enough to have Iris Wildthyme cameo

technically Matthew got expelled, just not from school. The homophobia-plot is already set up.

>not gay enough to have Iris Wildthyme cameo
Just quill me

Does it already count as a plot? It's basically an ongoing arc, just not a specific episode's plot

>Class

>another rift

in my opinion it definitely counts. The sheet doesn't say anything about it having to be a filler-plot-of-the-week.

Try that again

Was it worth the weight?

>the spinoff isn't Clara and Me
Why live?

Nah. He looks too much like Ross from Game Grumps.

Trips confirm
We've got lots of bingoes lined up

That's an unsettlingly good point
they're also too muscly and not effeminate enough

>gay sex in class is just heavy breathing and shirtless close ups
hurts man. plus going for masc4masc is so wrong like couldn't they make charlie a twink?

>Did that really happen?
i love miss quill

They should have made europe boy a twink tbqh
The only thing differentiating the two currently is his accent and slightly darker hair

>ywn cuddle with Jenna watching Class

Quill is the best character in Class by far.

well gay couples most of the time look like brothers cause we're so superficial that we're only attracted to people that look somewhat similar to us

Easily

but I'm attracted to brown twinks and I'm white

Dat gun, though.

Waitress Clara>Snowmen Clara>Bonnie>Oswin>80s Clara>Bells of Saint John Clara>bitch Clara

>Bonnie
literally who?

You can't fault me for not remembering anything from that shit season

Why do space niggers go through rifts into England?

Souffle Girl is the only one that matters.

Although I knew the kiss with Ram and April was coming from when they started skyping....I really wish it didn't happen

They will never explain who she was.

Fine by me. Souffle girl can remain and extensional existence from the character at large.

mmmmmm Souffle Girl

>Series 9

Meant for

April's scenes with Ram were so forced in (our friend is in danger, let's sit around talking feels folk music and snogging because we need exposition on April's character quickly) and their fucking romance seems to have come out of nowhere alarmingly quickly. Literally the only problem with the episode.

don't we all.
But Clala must never be spoken about.

twitter.com/WhoogleNews/status/791627408713449472

I agree. It all happens too quickly. And sex is already in the next ep?

Yeah, but they look cute together.

Let's get him to make a decent regular episode instead

That's true. We already have Moffat making a HORRIBLE Christmas special anyway ;)

Moffat has said there'll be some two-parters in Series 10, so for all we know Jamie Mathieson or someone is writing two episodes. We have all the named writers now.

Steven Moffat (Eps 1, 10, 11, 12), Frank Cottrell-Boyce (Ep 2), Sarah Dollard (Ep 3), Mike Bartlett (Ep 4), Mark Gatiss, Jamie Mathieson, Rona Munro, Peter Harness.

It all boils down to who's getting a two-parter.

>Gatiss is back

Just gotta say, I think Vivian Oparah as Tanya is excellent in Class ep3.

Certainly can't fault the cast in this show.

Class ep3, nowhere in the Top 40 on iPlayer. The show really isn't doing as well as they'd hoped. Shame.

It's number 27.

And 2nd highest on BBC3.

No need to lie user.

Are you surprised? It's marketed at an incredibly niche audience - There's a reason why YA is always a small section at the back of the bookstore.

The mistake they made with Class was trying to make it dark and thus telling parents that kids shouldn't watch it, despite their only televised advertising showing the Doctor.

If they dropped the forced sex/relationships and toned down the gore a bit, it would be more of a success because then they'd actually have an audience.

>2nd highest on BBC3
>BBC3
>The channel that no one watches

But BBC3 is specifically targeted for 16-34 yr olds.

Sorry, no. Episode 1 is at #27.

Episode 3 isn't in the Top 40.

Who honestly watches it though? That age range encompasses the Netflix generation. They're more likely to watch that than BBC3.

It's only been out four hours mate, there's Football on all day as well.

Well, let us know when it lands in the Top 40. And I'll keep an eye out.

We could be here a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time.

>implying any of the football audience will watch Class
There's probably a very minuscule overlap, but nothing that'll make a dint in terms of viewers and ratings, etc.

why are the kids so surprised to see dead people talking to them? Haven't they heard about 3W, the company that literally allowed you to talk to the dead? Don't they know about the whole Don't Cremate Me-stuff that happened a couple of years ago?

>Dead on Sup Forums
>Dead on leddit
>Dead on GB
>Dead on tumblr
>Dead on twitter
>Only UK and Aus can access it
>Not promoted
>Not a single character from the main show apart from Twelve appearing once
>Completely different tone

I'm just really glad that ep 3 wasn't spent in a classroom/prom 99% of the time and didn't have masturbation jokes every three seconds.

I sincerely hope they know what they're doing.

But the kids can relate to masturbation jokes

>The mistake they made with Class was trying to make it dark and thus telling parents that kids shouldn't watch it, despite their only televised advertising showing the Doctor.
Surely the mistake in that case is the advertising, not the show.

add the wank to the bank

Remember when there used to be white people on BBC television?

Those were the days

The 3 w's are wibbly, wobbly and wimey

there's still white people, they just have to fit another diversity attribute like gay

I do, Gareth. But times change, and so must you.

Someone should ask gareth what he thought of the gay sex in class
I can't because he blocked me

Class is going to have a mid-season two-parter.
twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/792302788214722560

Wish that had'nt been spoiled ahead of time, would have been cool to watch and be surprised by a cliffhanger

>>Not a single character from the main show apart from Twelve appearing once

And the headmaster, although he promptly died.

The cliffhanger will be April 'dying', only to be resurrected the next episode by the power of love which will completely restore her heart and kill le shadow man

She will get magic shadow powers.

agreed but we all saw that... didn't we?

What did he block you for?

aren't 3 out of the 4 main characters in Class white?

sorry, 3 out of 5, i forgot about the black character because i still havent gotten around to seeing Class

It's a pity Fady can't act because I have no idea how his character felt about the kiss. He just looked blank.

I thought the episode's premise was promising and visually interesting, but dragged out a lot with plenty of sub-par writing (some scenes between characters are honestly a little baffling because it doesn't even sound like they're reacting to what each other said) and terrible writing too (such as "holy mother of kanye").

>I have no idea how his character felt about the kiss. He just looked blank.
He clearly reacted, the edit just didn't linger on it very long.

>Taste this bad

Jesus christ /who/

You have seen the face of generally-accurate taste and you shrink in denial that your own taste is inferior.

anyone else think the sound people are outdoing themselves?

Really making up for half the cast being incapable of expressing emotion

Do you mean the music or the sound mixing?

>McGann and McCoy above Tennant, Hartnell and Hurt

>God Complex, Doctor's Wife and Earthshock being that low

>Robot of Sherwood middle of the table

>Series 8 anywhere but bottom

I could go on.

you're just mad fady's character isn't gay

charlie and his bf hooked up just as fast

>Sound people
>music or the sound mixing?
Why not both?

Well, music and 'alien squelch effect' are quite different jobs.

>charlie and his bf hooked up just as fast
Charlie and his bf clearly already had a relationship building before the start of the first episode, we see them interacting in the initial classroom scene. That's a far cry from 'I'm traumatised from the death of my girlfriend, but god damn this folk music chat is getting me randy'

It's not really different at all. Fady and April have had way more time onscreen together. It's fast and underdeveloped for both couples though.

>Charlie and his bf clearly already had a relationship building before the start of the first episode
what? they literally just looked at each other and smiled once then charlie asked him to prom. charlie was called the 'new kid' that ep as well.

How do you think Phil's going to describe this episode?

I honestly can't tell if he's going to praise it or describe it as a low point. I can just as easily picture him saying that the episode 'had a lot of heart' or 'fumbled'.

Is the alien boy also a faggot?
What is the black girls secondary diversity slot? Lesbo?

AIDS

I think he will be okay with it but put it below 2 because it's not as weird.

Anal In Dimensional Space?

She can peel bananas with her feet.