Does any other prog album even compare?

Does any other prog album even compare?

Fucking incredible goddamn, don't know why I took so long to listen to it

No OP, i'm going to be honest to you, there is no point in looking for mor, Frances The Mute is the best prog album you will ever hear

I've listened to like 10 prog albums and i've never been a fan
But this shit is on another, first prog album that doesn't get boring or wanky at a certain point

Probably my favorite album of all time so far

>first prog album that doesn't get boring or wanky at a certain point
Not the end of Cygnus... or the end of The Widow or the intro to Miranda or the middle part of Cassandra Gemini?
or the intro to the title track if you count that

This is better

those ambient-y parts are not really boring, they feel kinda like breaks or interludes

I will defend the end of The Widow and Miranda's intro till the end of time

TWENTY FIVE WIVES AT THE LAKE TONIGHT RAW BARK IN THE WATER OF MARBLE SHRINE

>Does any other prog album even compare?
oh yes

first album best album

i cant really dig this band. i like atdi, but tmv is like everything i dont like about them. imo, the best prog is Can's first 4 albums and 70's king crimson. nothing compares

I looove The Mars Volta but King Crimson is the pinnacle of progressive rock as far as I'm concerned.

came here to post KC

this album is the logical conclusion of prog. i love TMV but Discipline is just godlike

I'm not afraid to say I love post-80s King Crimson. Construkction of Light is great

the great question:
Bruford or the drummer on ITCOTCK???

Damn OP I also discovered this album recently. I had the last snip of Cassandra geminni never thinking it was part of a masterful and grandiose 30m piece. Heck it is making me doubt about gybe! Being my favorite band

Bruford by far

MV is good but Pink Floyd, Camel, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Rush...and so many others have phenomenal classics

Speaking of gybe. This whole album gave a vibe similar to Cassandra Geminni. The middle drone tracks may be a bit too much I rather prefer the ambient interludes of CG but piss crowns are trebled is well worth the wait

>Pink Floyd
Im a fan of Meddle and WYWH, never really listen to anything else by them. And even those two, I MUCH prefer Frances
>Camel
Listened to Mirage, and while it can be quite good at parts, I just found it's not consistent enough for me, felt bored often
>King Crimson
I'll admit, ITCOTK is amazing, the only other prog album i'd give a 10/10 to. Red is good to, but not close
>Yes
Closer to The Edge is probably the Sup Forumscore album that has disappointed me the most tbqh
>Genesis
Never been able to get into them at all
>Gentle Giant
Never listened
>Rush
I used to be WAY into Rush my sophmore year of high school. Listened to nothing but Moving Pictures for like two months. Don't find them very appealing now, but I still have kind of a soft spot for them (especially Moving Pictures and Hemispheres)

I just thought Prog wasn't for me, but FTM really blew my mind

Just posting to say I love this fucking band.

Buddy

At the Drive-In is better

These plus the ocean and the sun by sound of animals fighting, fragile by yes and mirage by camel

1. Larks
2. Discipline
3. Red
4. Starless
5. Islands
6. ITCOTCK
7. Beat
8. Lizard
9. ITWOP

You must like antemasque. For me it is a pg13 of TMV

Larks Tongues in Aspic > Red = Discipline > The Power to Believe > Starless and Bible Black > Thrak > Beat > The Construkction of Light > In the Court of the Crimson King = Lizard > Three of a Perfect Pair > In the Wake of Poseidon > Islands

Be gentle, i know these are hot onions

LTIA>Red>Lizard>Thrak>ITCOTCK>Islands>Discipline>ITWOP>rest

If you haven't already heard Foxtrot, give it another listen. I used to listen to Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway a few times a year, and I never felt very strongly about either album.

Foxtrot is where it's at, though. Every song on it is a 10.

the only things that compare are omars solo albums

try apocolypse inside of an orange

its good but pretty formulaic
>ambient part
>soft part with moaning
>HEY LOOK I CAN PLAY IN 7/4
>omars guitar goes djiaodsnbja
>ambient part

did i miss anything?

This band is absolute garbage.

Giles easily.

you missed