How can the NBA be fixed? I love basketball but seriously, the lack of parity is killing the sport...

How can the NBA be fixed? I love basketball but seriously, the lack of parity is killing the sport. 95% of regular/post season games are of no importance whatsoever.

everyone's making more money than ever so it's working as intended.
remember to buy the latest throwback jersey and snapback cap to show your team spirit!

Remove that bullshit where the ball handler can bait the defender into jumping then the ball handler purposefully jumps into him for a free foul

Only the hardest of slaps should be called as fouls

I don't see it being fixed at this point. It's too far gone.
I'm not saying all the games are rigged, but the refs are definitely given orders to influence some games in favor of the teams the league brings in the most money from (Warriors, Cavs, etc.). I'll stick to college basketball

>How can the NBA be fixed?

It already is

That's a tinfoil hat conspiracy. There is no evidence at all that the nba is or ever was rigged.

MULTIBALL

The league has no less parity then the NFL or MLB. Similar amount of team in the 3 leagues have all won the championship in the past 20 years

Silver pls go

lol no.

Championship parity isn't the issue
When you have everyone saying only the warriors and cavaliers will make the finals at the beginning of the season you have a problem

It's already fixed, Adam Silver has seen to that :3

Well, why the other teams don't try to improve, then?

>preseason

It's gonna be Cavs and Warriors

>20 game mark

Cavs and Warriors

>41 game mark

Cavs and Warriors

>61 game mark

Cavs and Warriors

>beginning of the playoffs

Cavs and Warriors

>midway point of the playoffs

Cavs and Warriors have both swept their first two opponents.

So this is parity

Drop a few of the worst franchises so more super teams can form and eliminate the entire first round of the playoffs so that it's a 8 team bracket.

The draft "lottery" takes care of that whole trying thing. The NBA Draft is a crapshoot more than any other sport as well. Think Steph Curry would still go #9 overall in 2009's draft if everyone knew what we know now?

Regular season doesn't matter because of playoffs
It LeBron wanted to he could tank to 8th and still win the title
Really if you wanted it to improve get rid of playoffs and have the best regular season standings be the winner

people were writing off the Cavs in March and April

also reduce the regular season to 1 home & 1 away game to make those more meaningful

get rid of the conference system

try to find a way to prevent tanking, like, I don't know, maybe making some sort of "draft play offs" so that the top picks are given to the teams winning this draft paly offs played between bottom teams, this way no team would have an interest at finishing dead last

it's already fixed, that's the problem.

The problem has always been too many teams in the playoffs and too many teams in the league in general. But both make that cash money so it's not changing.

>also reduce the regular season to 1 home & 1 away game to make those more meaningful
this. make it also 2 competitions, one league, what is now called regular season, teams all facing each other exactly twice, and 1 cup, knock-out like the playoff system, but only 2 games, home and away with the winner being decided by the sum of the points (away points the tie breaker)

also, no drafts, that's retarded. best teams have more money, should be able attract what they consider the best players and perpetuate their status.
also make a 2nd division where weaker teams can also have a league and dispute access to the NBA league. The worst NBA teams would get relegated to Division 2 as a punishment for their bad performance

All the teams from NBA and NBA 2nd Division would participate in the Cup competition.

>knock-out like the playoff system, but only 2 games, home and away with the winner being decided by the sum of the points

nah, this system is shit, the French league tried it once and it is incredibly shitty

They do. But now you have Super teams with guys like Durant joining the Warriors

Imagine if Patrick Ewing joined the Bulls in the 90s

You will put plenty of teams out of business that way.
No one watches the D League

ok, like the playoffs, but 3 games max
the point is to fix the league, not make the teams profitable. if you want to have competition you need to force the teams to compete, not assure their existence regardless of what they do

>(You)

Superstars in the league like to form up. It's a much more personal sport than football or baseball. They don't all fucking hate each other's guts anymore.

Teams offer a Mike Conley contract to desperately keep big names around while the rest of the team suffers.

I hope the next few deep drafts fix these issues or maybe the same cycle will persist. Nonetheless the league is making money so unless it starts affecting their bottom line nothing will happen.

what are you talking about? only the giants have been somewhat dominant and its never a sure thing and only in hindsight.

also NFL? the pats might win a lot but nobody thinks they will be in the superbowl at the beginning of the season,

>college basketball

dude come on. i hate the nba, but you really enjoy watching college basketball? the game with lineups full of white guys, poor dribbling, shit shooting, constant fouls, and low scores?

You mean the Yankees

The only way to fix the NBA is to do a few things the league will never, ever do.

1. Contract 4-6 franchises. Talent is stretched too thin which means teams like the cavs and warriors who get a few good players are way better than the rest. if you contracted the Hornets, Grizzlies, pelicans, Bucks, Timberwolves and Suns, who would care?

2. Reduce the number of regular season games to like 58. Just have each team play each other team in the NBA twice. Only need like 2 games a week, no resting or other bullshit

>be me
>hate everything about the nba

>the fixation on social media and fashion/shoes and the manufactured drama
>promoting players more than teams
>the lack of parity
>obscene amount of power for referees
>a cuck commissioner who cares more about social justice than fixing the league
>so much scoring in a game that each basket feels worthless to watch until the end
>constant "scoring runs" where no lead ever feels safe
>over half the league makes the playoffs
>regular season is literally so irrelevant due to # of games and # of playoff teams and lack of parity that the best teams literally rest players because the games are so indiviudally unimportant

>yet still follow the NBA because i know literally nothing about hockey and can't gather myself to care about it at all

If the teams aren't profitable you can't afford any players and the team will fold

The yankees have like one wild card appearance this decade

then they will make themselves profitable, because that's the only way to survive. the incompetent will be eliminated and only the best survive (at a good level)
my point is that sustainability has to be earned, and ascendence (a small team becoming big) is very hard but possible, not the effect of luck. this current borderline communist approach makes people apathetic and that's the reason people think NBA went to shit, players seem not to fight, because it makes little difference

Literally all they need to do is remove the hardcap. Of course then those jews can't goy them with over the cap taxes.

2 ALCS apperances and 4 playoff apperances

i know this feel

agree with most of your post

NBA usually has good conference finals and NBA Finals it's just you have to wait so god damn long for it

this year even those look like it'll be shit

You guys are right it'd be better if worse teams made it to the finals

no problem with the best teams making the finals

its just so predictable it takes all the fun out of it

pats are the best team but they havent been to consecutive super bowls in over 10 years

They should go back to old nba rules when post players reigned supreme and you could play defense. The problem is because of the current rules you need to be a 3 point shooting team to win in the current nba. The problem with this is it makes other teams obsolete that rely on post play so the top teams will always be the best 3 point shooting teams.

The NBA doesn't lack parity, it just has a system that is better at finding the truly best team. You don't fluke your way to winning a 7-game series of basketball.
The Warriors are so good right now because they made outstanding draft picks 3 times in a short period. It's simply an aberration. Cavs are good because they have a generational player, same as having Brady or Messi.

You're suggesting a Euro-soccer-style league, which is bullshit and results in the same 2-4 teams winning every single year. Please fuck off.

The NBA doesn't have a hardcap. You can go way over it by re-signing your own players. If there was a hardcap, like the NFL has, you wouldn't be able to have luxury tax or go over for any reason. I think the best way to make teams more even is to remove max contract limits, so that star players will take up more cap space and have to be spread out among more teams.

If a team makes it to the Finals, give them an extra 2 points at the beginning of every game in the regular season. This extra motivation will make sure that the weak teams try even harder, and finally perform at the level of the best teams.

why not every quarter? call it trickle down motivation

>the lack of parity

The Warriors and the Cavs being at the top of the NBA is parity. Once this little stretch of success is over both franchises will go back to being irrelevant for 30-40 years again.

The teams that don't represent parity in the NBA are the Lakers, Spurs and Celtics. As long as these 3 teams don't win a title it's considered a parity year.

>You're suggesting a Euro-soccer-style league, which is bullshit and results in the same 2-4 teams winning every single year. Please fuck off.
if the same 2 or 4 teams are the strongest there's nothing wrong with that. what you ensure with a merit-based system is that all teams compete even though they have little chance of winning, making the majority of the games watchable
>fuck off
you fuck off. the op asks for ways of fixing you bs league, quite clearly communism doesn't work

Get rid of the 3 point line

I say go even further. Get rid of the three point line, and make dunks and layups worth one point

theres no reason to suggest the lakers are going to come back to prominence anytime soon

This. And don't forget Warriors had a slump when the Spurs caught up to them in the standings when KD went down.

Lakers have made the Finals every decade since the NBA has existed, don't count them out.

Lakers have great history but I don't really see how any of their old advantages are still relevant

You don't need to go to a big city anymore to market your brand, which is something Russell Westbrook has proven.

Their Front office is dysfunctional and they have no worthwhile assets outside of this year's pick.

I like their coach, thats pretty much it.

There's already strong rumors that if Lakers get the #1 pick (which they will use to get Ball) they will trade D-Lo to the Knicks for Porzingis, then they try get Paul George.

Lonzo//Nwaba
Clarkson//Swaggy P
PG-13//Ingram
Porzingis//Randle
Mozgov//Nance Jr

That might be a 7th seed next year.

Spot points to the team with a worse record by the amount of games back they are they to them. If the cavs are 25-10 and they are playing the pacers who are 18-17, pacers start with 7 points. Idk

>faggy pee

He still in the league?

The lack of parity has never hurt the NBA. It has always helped it. It was most popuar, actually, in the 90s when there was only 1 team that could reasonably win the title.

So... I don't even think this is an issue. The public loves dynasties.

>You don't need to go to a big city anymore to market your brand

You still need the big city for the hottest women, though. And Los Angeles always has an endless stream of young tail coming into town to sex their way to 15 minutes of fame.

New York has a similar advantage - the amount of beautiful women in NYC is unreal.

Its broken forever it seems

By giving Steph curry a career ending injury

>I love basketball

You need to kill yourself

Playoffs are so fucking boring. Put home and away aggregate scoring and a grand final.

>b-but best players aren't supposed to win

So much fucking this.
That's why I find local basketball with Fiba rules between shity clubs more fun to watch.
Now I can only imagine how great it would be with NBA skilled players.

You can't. You chased whites away.

Bruce Levenson and Donald Sterling did literally nothing wrong.

Yea and knowing that both the Cavs and the Warriors are undefeated so far in the postseason the refs are going to be urged to keep it that way until the finals for a better story.

NBA is basically European soccer
> 1 or 2 competitive teams at a time
>ridiculous salaries
>flopping
>useless coaches
>inmates run the asylum

>constant "scoring runs" where no lead ever feels safe

How is this bad again?

For you

stop letting jews run the league