Wait...Seriously? Is this real life? Can someone verify this?

Wait...Seriously? Is this real life? Can someone verify this?

It's because he's a hand rubber

>Americans

He's an LA born Jew. Why would his name be pronounced all Eurofaggy?

it was directed at you

And my point remains. Why is his name pronounced all Eurofaggy?

It's the Hebrew pronunciation.

Full disclosure, I have no idea if that's accurate. Sounds like it could be true.

If someone were to tell you that their name is Pierre, would you insist on pronouncing it Pier-ree, if they were born in America or Britain?

If no, then why is it different for David?
Because it's spelt the same?

I mean I get that we're on the internet and here Text is the basis of everything, but in the real world, the spoken word is what the written word mimics, not the other way around.

It is pronounced all kikey, not euroy.

>If someone were to tell you that their name is Pierre, would you insist on pronouncing it Pier-ree, if they were born in America or Britain?

No, Pier-ee is not a fucking name in any language I'm familiar with. Pierre is Pierre.

David is the second most common male name in the modern English language. I have no problem with him pronouncing it the way that he does, I'm simply pointing out that it is highly unusual, especially given his American roots.

If you were born in Wisconsin two fifth generation American steel mill workers and your name was spelled John (pronounced Bixleplixledixlesmaffydaffydingus), that's great, but don't be surprised if people point it out as atypical. Because it fucking is. Fag.

>Unusual
Tons and tons of people have weird sounding names that stick to their heritage.
Why do you think so many celebrities have stage names?

its how you pronounce it in hebrew .but then most hebrew speaking people are perfectly fine with people using the english pronunciation of their name .

why the fuck do poeple change name pronunciations anyway , shit only makes things more confusing .

>Why do you think so many celebrities have stage names?

To stand out for being unusual? Again, I'm not shitting on him. Just pointing out that it's weird and I didn't realize it. Chill Mazouz-pedo.

That's literally the opposite of what I said.
Most people with stage names explicitly choose names to sound more "American".

Like say Allan Stewart Konigsberg, who you might know as "Woody Allen", or Carlos Irwin Estévez, better known as Charlie Sheen.

Also, you asked why it would be pronounced "Eurofaggy", I explained. Not sure why you interpret this as some sort of personal attack.

>why the fuck do poeple change name pronunciations anyway , shit only makes things more confusing .
It's because most of the world has yet to joing the Phonetic Language master race, where every word is pronounced exactly the way it is spelled, so over time accents develop, can become dominant, and change these things.

Dah-veed is also the Portuguese pronunciation.

Sorry, I misinterpreted the last post.

But, to address that point, stage names and their uses have changed over the years. You are correct, it used to be a common practice to change a foreign or hebraic sounding name to something more "American", but things have changed. Antisemitism isn't nearly as prevalent as it was when Woody Allen was cutting his teeth. Now stage names have more to do with vanity than anything else. A person with a name that is difficult to pronounce may change it to something more conventional, but in general it has less to do with racism or bigotry and more to do with aesthetic.

>why the fuck do poeple change name pronunciations anyway , shit only makes things more confusing .

Languages drift, it's just what they do.

Also, Dah-veed is obviously not a stage name, but the fact that he kept it as is instead of changing it to Day-vid speaks to the point I'm making that it's better to have an interesting name than a plain name in show business these days. There are twenty million anglo-jewy looking actors named Day-vid, but likely only a handful of Dah-veeds. A CD or producer will remember that.

We pronounce it this way in France

Most languages pronounce it that way, but David is a super common name in American English, and it's pronounced differently. If he was Israeli or Euro-born I would be less surprised. It's just interesting to me that he's American born and raised but they kept the hebraic pronunciation is all.

>especially given his American roots.
>father is Tunisian
>although mother is American her parents are both Greek

100% pure 'Murrican. No idea why parents would choose such a weird pronounciation of his name.

And also his name sounds very sephardi, who are the most common jews in France - they come from North Africa, so I guess he kept the sephardi/french prononciation

You also don't wear deodorant and are cowards, doesn't make you right.

modest kek

It's because he's the only gay in the village

I dont get where this "french ppl stink" meme come from. I understand the origins of the whole white flag/coward/surrender monkeys etc. but this one is still a mystery to me

Didn't know that. I'm not a scholar in all things Mazouz. Ask me about Bran or Froggo and maybe things would be different.

It's first thing I found on wiki.
To be fair it isn't on English one.

>I dont get where this "french ppl stink" meme come from

Comes from the simple observation that French people tend to stink. I've been to France. Don't try to lie.

To be fair, the French don't really smell any better or worse than any other people I've encountered. It's a somewhat strange phenomenon, but usually foreign places tend to smell funny compared to wherever you happen to be from. It's true across the board. I spent a year in Europe after high school, and everywhere I went smelled funny at first. When I finally got back to America, America smelled funny for a while. Don't know what or why it is, and I don't know why France gets it in particular in terms of American stereotypes, but it's true. If I had to guess I'd say it is because France is the the country we are most familiar with that is still separated by a language barrier. It makes you familiar enough that we have a clear idea of your culture and what your country looks like, but foreign enough that we can still affix a sense of alien ambiguity to you. And your cheese shops are rank. That's a fact.

That sounds normal to me, but I'm french. How do Americans pronounce it? day-vid?

It is

> day-vid?
Yes. I live in New York, and I've met more Jewish Davids than I can count, and they all pronounce it Day-vid. I even know an Israeli who pronounces it that way, but that's probably just because he got sick of correcting people.

oh that's why camcam said it like that in one of her videos i thought she was just being goofy

Wait till you learn how they pronounce Kansas and Arkansas.

Or Illinois for that matter. We have two pronunciations, neither of them correct.

wat?

Neither are correct by French standards, anyway. The name is French, but we say it wrong. Twice. It can be Ill-annoy, or Ill-annoys (which sounds stupid but a fuck load of people say it that way). Either way, frogs say Ill-ah-nwah.

Get off this board, eurotrash.

Make me burgershart.

You want me to call Jamal and tell him you once again ran away from your daily ritual of watching your wife getting BLACKED by the rapefugees? You best don't test me, eurotrash, or this time you'll be the one getting BLACKED and since you need to pay for the TV license for this month, it'll be awkward going out with your rectum hanging out.

Sup Forums pls.

Nice try, but I'm not from the western part. No rapafugees/niggers/sandslime here.
Come on, use your lard-muscle inside your head harder, maybe you'll think of some more original insult.

Don't be a buzzkill, shitposting is fun!

ITT: burger gets culture shocked

If he's got Greek grandparents it's possible he got his grandpa's name and kept the Greek pronounciation as well.

spic here

thats the spanish pronunciation

More like
>yuroplebs obsess over Amerilords as usual

"THAT'S MY DAH-VEED"
-Heeby Kikeburger

What's wrong with Kansas? I'm English and think Arkansaw is weird, but Kansas sounds like it's written.

In Kansas it is pronounced, "Can-Zeus"

That's just the name people have given him. He's got a huge marijuana craving, and constantly shouts 'the weeed' in a German accent, hence the name.

Are you really that retarded that you thought David was an Anglo name?

I can't imagine this mattering. Of course I am pretty advanced in comparison with the rest of you.

Saw some video of AnnasOphia Robb complaining at photographers for shouting her name wrong
supposedly it's "uhhnasophia" not "aaaannasophia"

Sounds plausible.

Hand rubber here, that's the correct Hebrew pronouncement. David got translated so much in the bible, by the time it got to english it somehow became "day-vid" for some reason. It's literally the same name tho and nobody cares how you pronounce it.

Are you Israeli or American? If I came up to one of your friends and said "Hi, Day-vid", would I offend him?

Underrated
Only gay confirmed Sephardi

my name is dah-VEED