Both 8-0

>both 8-0
>both one series away from the finals

please god not again

Get used to it user, Warriors have some of the best players in the West and LeGod is driving everyone away from the East

I hope one or both of them get injured in the conference finals desu

We've known this was going to happen since before the season started.

based Celtics or Wizards will save the day

>not wanting to watch the best players compete at their bests
>not waiting the game to be played at its best
Bongs really are trash.

I sincerely hope nobody actually believes this

Hey Nate

RIP rapties

how can people be this delusional?

everyone and i mean everyone knows the finals will be warriors vs cavs, c'mon people

The most that can happen is Olynyk practices his judo on Kevin Love again, but that will just make the Finals even more boring.

at best they'll take a game if they have their best game of the play offs and play dirty / hard as fuck enough to shook the Cavs momentarily

Proposal: Put the Spurs in the East
Sucks we're gettin the finals a series early.

I'm saying this as a Celtics fan:

The best case scenario for Boston is Cavs in 5

Isn't it craazy how on literally July 4 everyone knew it would be Cavs/Warriors, and yet people still intently watched the regular season and playoffs?

Where is the mystery? The fun that is supposed to come from an unpredictable season, that one cinderella team?

>cavs vs warrior 5 straight finals

I didn't. I watched 2 regular season games all year. Christmas finals rematch, and the all star game. I usually watch 200 or so. This is the worst basketball season of my lifetime. So I'm voting with my dollar. They need to adjust the 3 point line or something. It's just not a good product.

dude the worst part is that nba fans dont care aboutn a terrible product. if you complain about the lack of parity, people just say "who cares the nba never had parity"

if you talk about how bad the warriors are for basketball, nba fans say "i love watching them because they play so pretty"

What would the three point line do. Super teams are still super teams.

They're both already in the finals. The next round is just practice and warm ups.

It's not just the warriors. The rockets are just as guilty. They took 40 threes a game this year. FORTY. Next year will be 50, and after that 60, and other teams will follow suit. Until ratings go down or talking heads/players complain, nothing will change.
There have always been super teams, don't be dense. But the NBA was a more entertaining product. That's the issue. It's not fun to watch right now. They need to either move it back 1-3 feet so that shooting percentage from there doesn't go higher than 35%, or extend the arc naturally out the sides, so that there is no more corner 3.

three point line is just one aspect of the game

the thing about the three point line is that it really seems like too high of a reward if that makes sense

you get 50% more points for stepping back a few feet. the reward is much much higher than the risk. that's why the rockets dont do any midrange shots and everything is either from three or in the paint.

why would you bother shooting a shot from say 16-20 feet inside the arc where there's gonna be a big bunch of people you have to shoot/dribble around, when you could step a few feet back and likely only have one guy to worry about and have a chance at 50% more points?

I don't see what's so bad about this. at least the Finals will be exciting and the stakes are enormous. Lebron could potentially become the greatest player of all time if he pulls off a miracle and leads the Cavs against the Warriors, who they absolutely have no chance of beating. and if that happens, it'll be a huge blow to KD's legacy since he has the more superior team, but he lost to Lebron again. dude might go back to OKC or just kill himself.

so is your main complaint just about three point memechucking?

while i feel like the three point line definitely sucks (like i said above, 50% more points for barely any more risk), it's just one of the issues with the nba

if you're just looking at the game itself, you have not just superteams but super super teams, players resting because they know how worthless the regular season is, too many playoff teams, and free throws seriously kill the game

add in outside the court stuff like the obsessions with social media, rap, social justice, fashion, and a cuck commissioenr who doesnt care about the game and just cares about promoting political stuff, and it's just awful

>please god not again

I actually can't wait. Last year's finals series was amazing. Historic. All of that.

As long as these two teams are healthy it should fun to watch.

>add in outside the court stuff like the obsessions with social media, rap, social justice, fashion, and a cuck commissioenr who doesnt care about the game and just cares about promoting political stuff, and it's just awful
This is such a stupid thing to be upset about. You realize you don't need to expose yourself to this right?

As for the super-super team complaint, you seriously need to research the history of the NBA because this is nothing new. Based on that and the way you're typing I assume you're a teenager.

>and free throws seriously kill the game
This is a good complaint. There are WAY too many "soft" or non-fouls that are whistled, and it's gotten worse in recent memory. But back to my original point, as long as rating stay or go up, it won't change. Hopefully more people are voting with their dollar like I have because that's the only way change will happen.

>Lebron could potentially become the greatest player of all time if he pulls off a miracle and leads the Cavs against the Warriors, who they absolutely have no chance of beating.

That already happened last season, bruh.

Lmao literal joke league

3 peat all the way bro.. the best. i fucking love it honestly

Or imagine if he wins, and he rejoins the warriors for the next 3 years, and they literally become the next bulls and win 5 titles in a decade

>This is such a stupid thing to be upset about. You realize you don't need to expose yourself to this right?

It's hard to not get exposed to it when it's literally shoehorned into everything about the nba. I try to watch inside the nba and every commercial break they talk about "the nba awards hosted by drake". constant pictures during games/inside about what players wore to the arena. obsession over their shoes. obsession over all their petty kardashian-level "feuds" with each other. the nba is like a reality show

and i am fully aware of the history of the nba. i know that each decade has been dominated by a handful of teams. but im saying that right now, the league has never been in this position where two teams (luckily in different conferences) are so much better than the rest that we are literally correctly projecting finals matchups the offseason with no debate about it.

and i wish that we could trust other people to speak with their dollars. but you know that most fans are delusional and always think their team has a chance. even the joke, should be contracted franchises like the suns, kings, magic, hawks, hornets, bucks, wolves (come on neither team is going anywhere), pelicans, grizzlies, nets, etc

>It's hard to not get exposed to it when it's literally shoehorned into everything about the nba. I try to watch inside the nba and every commercial break they talk about "the nba awards hosted by drake". constant pictures during games/inside about what players wore to the arena. obsession over their shoes. obsession over all their petty kardashian-level "feuds" with each other. the nba is like a reality show
Honestly man there are so many more worthwhile things to be upset about both around the world and in your personal life that getting angry at this is truly an exercise in futility. It's just not important.
>and i wish that we could trust other people to speak with their dollars
It's all we can do my friend. We're not in a position to change anything, regrettably. My only suggestion would be to follow other sports. The silver lining of basketball going to shit is it allowed me to watch more soccer games, which I've enjoyed a whole lot more.

the warriors would be great in any era. they're good because they drafted well, traded well, are well coached and had curry tied down to what was the best contract in sports, not because they throw up a lot of threes

No, it's mostly because of three point shooting. When Curry and Thompson can't make three's, they become very average.

*get moving picks, travel, palm, push off, and get junk foul calls

The NBA's never going to surpass the NFL unless it gets at least a little more parity. In the NFL no team is more than three years away from being a Super Bowl contender based on smart drafting, good coaching, and competent front office management. Meanwhile in the NBA you can have all that and still max out somewhere around the 4 seed in the playoffs. Unless you have one of a handful of transcendent superstars you have almost no shot at winning a title. It's a fundamental flaw in the sport of basketball. There are too few men on either team and one player can make too much of a difference.

hey all i said was things ruining the game, and i feel like all the social media bullshit is one of the things, so i added it. dont give me the whole "there are more improtant things in the world and your life to worry about" bullshit. you can say that about anything, including watching sports

its not like i sit there fixating and ranting about it. merely said it as a reason for some league shitiness

It's only a reason for league shittiness if you let it be. It's actually one of the pettiest things to get upset about. I'm just saying get some perspective. It's like you want something to be upset about.
> bullshit. you can say that about anything, including watching sports
Right, and that's true, but if you're going to watch sports in the first place you may as well just fixate on the sport being played. I couldn't care less what is happening off the court. Why does that matter one iota ?

>Unless you have one of a handful of transcendent superstars you have almost no shot at winning a title. It's a fundamental flaw in the sport of basketball.

I know this is 100% right, but what's so weird to me is why doesnt the same thing happen in hockey? Aren't they also 5v5? is it ebcause they do so many line changes or whatever its called?

and the fundamental flaw isn't just the 5v5 thing, but basketball is the only sport I can think of where something you have no control over, your height, more or less determines your skill at the game. in pretty much any other sport, at least in some positions, you can overcome genetic/from birth physical limitations by working hard and developing skills. you basically have to be 4-5 inches above average height just to even get a shot in the NBA. look at deandre jordan and andre drummond, those fucks can't score outside the paint or even shoot free throws, no skills at all, but because dey tall and dey dunk, they get huge contracts.

>80s have Lakers-Celtics in the finals every year
Such classic matchup, greatest rivalry ever, nothing like watching the greats! *tips fyodora*

>2010s can have three Warriors-Cavs final series
OMG SO BORING FUCK THIS SHIT NOT AGAIN THIS IS RIGGED FUCK CURRY FUCK LEBETA

>where something you have no control over, your height, more or less determines your skill at the game.
This isn't really a factor when every single NBA player has already won the genetic lottery in one form or another. It's an even playing field. It also sounds like you've never played basketball in your life. It's extremely skill intensive and just because the guys you see on TV are big doesn't mean they are intensely skilled. Sure there are some big dumb gorillas like Deandre but he's literally a role player. He's not going to carry any team specifically because he isn't skilled enough.

doesn't mean they aren't intensely skilled*

Dammit

I wasn't alive in the 80s, you fuck.

For fuck's sake, obviously I don't mean every player is just some dumb idiot who has no skills besides being tall. I said that height is a major determining factor to even getting into the league to begin with.

In any other sports, whether it's football, baseball, hockey, soccer, lacrosse, whatever it may be, you can at least have some options to work with if you didn't get one single trait like height. You can be all different sizes, very short or very tall, skinny or bulkier, and have positions in almost all of those sports that you can play in.

But just to even get into the NBA, you basically have to be 4-5 inches taller than average height. You can have a lot of skill yourself, but if you're below 6 feet you basically have to be otherwordly in skill to even crack an NBA roster, let alone be a good player.

the nba loses a lot of possible great players for the fact that they are the only sport that has the goal way up in the air that you have to be a certain height to reach

Anyone born past 1990 is a literal subhuman.

You're forgetting Draymond's triple dubs and Klay being one of the best two way players in the league.

yeah but you can only have one short dude on the court really. having two players that arent 6'5"+ on the court at the same time is suicidal

they have crazy good defense. do you watch them play

cringe