Which film was more influential?

Which film was more influential?

Batman

Batman
It spread the idea that cape movies can be somewhat serious.
I wish BB was influential, its better than most cape shit thats come out since.

That is not even a question. Of course it's the one from 1989. It cemented the core stylistic choice for Batman, Gotham City and even the music.

Nolan's trilogy had almost no style at all.

89. BTAS wouldnt exist without it.

Batman V Superman

yes 1989 is more influential

but then I watched it the other day and it was boring as fuck

>Batman
>Boring as fuck

Nigga literally every scene with nicholson is goat. The bruce/vicki vale scenes drag on but that's about it.

>literally every scene with nicholson

there, you said it

every scene with nicholson, not every scene with THE JOKER, it feels like nicholson is just doing his own shit and not part of the movie

I condensed it to him because he's in like 10 minutes of screen time before he becomes the absolute madman. The axxis plant scenes are great.

I don't think anyone here really likes Batman Begins. I'm not convinced audiences were so hot on it either since this was before those retards knew who Nolan was.

it's just nicholson being nicholson and everyone else had to play along with him cuz he's nicholson

fucking spoiled brat

BB has the most coherent story line out of all 3 Nolan batman movies

Scarecrow is a competent and grounded villain

and the plot holes are not as grievous as Joker's teleporting explosive barrels in TDK and Gordon's let's send all the cops underground in TDKR

89 was more influential, all 90s capeshit was trying to emulate its success. 10s capeshit ended up being influenced more by Iron Man/MCU.

1989 reshaped the character and changed it forever

Batman Begins just takes from the character and makes a somehow faithful adaptation to classic works like Year one, etc.

Neither were really "influential"

Not his fault that Nicholson is the Joker and the Joker is Nicholson.

This argument of "hurrdurr it was just nicholson playing nicholson" is frankly retarded when you realize that playing nicholson is to play the fucking Joker.

The most stupid post in the thread.

1989 changed the perception the regular audience had of Batman for the last decades after the West show.

Inspired BTAS, which in turn spawned a whole animated universe.

Nolan trilogy is still the modern benchmark for cape quality for the critics. I dont agree with it. But thats how it is.

I knew who Nolan was and I was still kind of disappointed by it.

In a way I don't think Nolan even liked Batman Begins.

>Batman Begins
>The Dark Knight
>The Dark Knight Rises
He may as well have called it "The Dark Knight 2." Why was he so desperate to link back to the second movie, and ignore the first?

Was it because it was so popular? (Which was likely only because Heath Ledger died.)

Nolan Trilogy gave us the most important meme in human existence. What did old flicks gave us? Danny deVito? Nipple armor? "Bruce it's me Barbara"?

Real answer here.

They're oth amazingly influencial, but Batman Begins is probably the more influencial simply because of the longevity nd insane amount of money moving around with the modern capeshit trend that it sparked.

the Burton one
as for BB,at least Gotham was decently portrayed
the other two are set in Chicago or NY,no Gotham vibe whatsoever

>He may as well have called it "The Dark Knight 2." Why was he so desperate to link back to the second movie, and ignore the first?

But TDKR is a direct sequel to BB and the League of Shadows plot. Frankly it leaves TDK as a complete filler. Hell, with little to no changes you could remove the whole TDK and the plot would barely change.

lol what the fuck

None of the other people playing Joker have been like Nicholson and unsurprisingly all of them have been better than Nicholson.

Then why not call it "Batman Ends," or "Batman Rises"? Just had to cash in on the successful one.

this

>better

Amazing Spider-Man
X-Men First Class
Man of Steel
F4ntastic
X-Men DOFP
Wolverine
weren't your argument invalid

How could Iron man influence shit when the only ironmanesque movies are its sequel and spinoffs?

Fox, DC never followed the Iron Man formula. Just Disney.

Frankly I see more TWS influence in action movies and tv shows than IM1. BvS warehouse scene, Arrow s5 are all influenced by the action scenes in tws

No, it is only inspired music
BTAS was directly inspired by Miller's Year Onew and Dark Knight Returns (last is also inspired Burton on directing Batman)
Frank Miller is directly responsible for all current Batman movies uncluding BvS and except Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, and the Dark Knight.

Didn't even remember he was Joker desu but yeah he was probably better than Nicholson.