God tier films of 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H-6EEsn3Akc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What movie is that and why is it god tier?

>Some young folks, tired of the society they're living in, plan a bomb attack over Paris before to take shelter for a night in a shopping center.

What political position are they, the bombers coming from?

youtube.com/watch?v=H-6EEsn3Akc
very honest portrayal of dumb but sympathetic rebellious youth
amazing cinematography, great use of music
good acting
chilling ending

>attempted discussion when the torrent is not out yet

This community frowns up such inconsiderate behavior.

It's like all stylised scenes of Drive put into one mvoie, I really have no idea why no ones talking about it, it's was fucking sweet.

Looks good, cheers, but is right

Is it really that good or is this a meme? I don't really want to watch fat kids be misunderstood gangsters

i really enjoyed it. have you seen what we do in the shadows (2014)? its from the same director. hilarious at times.

Alright I'll give it a shot, but only because I liked WWDitS

is this online anywhere OP?

I've been waiting for it for a while

I don't get why people love this so much. It's fine. I forgot most of it about 10 minutes after I left the theater

Nah its good. This and hell or high water are the 2 good movies ive seen this year.

the synopsis makes it sound interesting but I'm wary of the romance tag. Is it tolerable/good? Nothing peeves me more than hamfisted love bullshit

ill check this one. I love italie.

you should watch more movies probably

both of those were decent but I doubt they'd even make my top 10 of the year, and I haven't even seen 95% of the stuff I am excited for

Hell or High Water

make a list then fool

I watched it without any info, no trailer, no nothing, no expectation, and that was a good decision.

I wouldn't give it a "romance tag", more like an "erotic tag", like Eyes Wide Shut.

oh

okay

these are the best movies I've seen this year, in no real order except for the first few:

Elle
Certain Women
Louder Than Bombs
Everybody Wants Some
Ixcanul
Indignation
The 13th
Sully
Mia Madre
The Shallows

>It's like all stylised scenes of Drive put into one mvoie.

They already were in one movie, user... Is your brain ok?

>Deadpool
>Gods of Egypt
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
>Sausage Party
>Captain America: Civil War
>Bastille Day
>X-Men: Apocalypse
>Café Society
>The Wailing
>Train To Busan
>The Nice Guys
>Warcraft: El Origen
>The Siege of Jadotville
>Imperium
This year has been dreadful so far, only The Nice Guys was somehow entertaining.

do you think that maybe you should stop watching the Hollywood trash blockbusters and actually watch good movies then?

might that be a possibility?

this will end up as one of the better years in recent memory

>nobody has posted the obvious MOTY

shameful

>The Wailing
>Train to Busan
>dreadful

Okay then, will you be so helpful to list some non-hollywood trash from this year?

check

that comedy feels very alone there among all those dramas

Eh, a lot of Drive is actually fairly straightforward. it's mostly the driving scenes that have that '80s neon synth vibe, basically imagine that except it's 50 % of the movie, it's really beautiful, actually.

Disregard this, I expressed myself pretty clumsily, but basically it's sort of like if Drive was even more stylised.

I have posted some here others that are now coming out include:

Manchester-by-the-Sea
Nocturama
Nocturnal Animals
Cameraperson
Kate Plays Christine
Silence
Moonlight
Things to Come
Aquarius
Toni Erdmann

etc etc etc

must be hard having to bear all that shit

have you seen it? have you seen Dazed and Confused?

Linklater is one of the best American directors currently working I'd say

care to explain? what movies from this year have you loved?

>Sully
>The Shallows

Erm wot?

Thank you by how the fuck did you watch Silence by Scorsese?

Jaume Collet-Serra is one of the most formally inventive directors working in mainstream Hollywood. Makes movies that are essentially genre trash but does it with gorgeous style which elevates the subject matter.

I was surprised that Sully was actually good as I don't care that much about Eastwood. It's not amazing but it's very solid. As I mentioned, I have seen hardly any of the movies I am actually excited for this year.

Almost all of those movies are made in Hollywood you prick

oops, that should have been clearer

that list is all of movies coming out that look as though they will be great based on directors involved, early buzz, etc

the other list I linked is the best stuff i have seen so far

I am hyped for Silence though a little apprehensive given how little has been revealed about it and its gargantuan running time

just because a movie is made in America does not make it a Hollywood movie mate

and Hollywood these days refers to bullshit like superhero movies and oscar bait trash

>BvS
>The Wailing
>Train to Busan
If you think these are dreadful you're retarded

Gods of Egypt is a great flick

in my top 5, for sure

I really liked pic related too

was so hyped for this but utterly let down. its just a pile of pretentious nothing.

eh, not really seen many non-mainstream films this year really.

Best things i've seen are Neon Demon, the Witch and BvS, very interested in seeing Nocturnal animals though.

Hardcore Henry was one of the best action films i've seen in years, Nice Guys probably the funniest.

I really liked the aesthetics and characters in Suicide Squad, but it was ultimately a bit of a mess.

Conjuring 2 was ok, nothing stand outish bar a few scenes. Lights out was awful though, makes me wonder why people want to see him direct Aquaman.

Civil War, the Boy were terrible.

I really need to move closer to a better theatre.

>pretentious

Considering the amount of times this word is grossly misused on this board, your post just really makes me want to see that film

i use it here even tho i liked the lobster alot for example. watch it tho, if you can make it through the whole film..

no but I will, thanks for the recom's

The more I think about it the more i like it, especially the first half. Goes a bit off the rails near the end but if it isnt in my top 10 of the year, then fall will have seen some great movies.

I'm also a big fan of Hiddleston, so that might be affecting my enjoyment

one of those don't belong

That movie a complete mess but a pretty one at least.

The best I've seen is by far American Honey. After that probably Everybody Wants Some!!, The Lobster and Krisha.

Did anyone see the Turkish movie Ivy? I thought it was good, especially the performances. It's a pretty strange one.

Based Mel will save 2016 with Hacksaw Ridge

probably fucking white males

Not all god tier but pretty solid works from this year.

I'll just speak for the movies I watched / rewatched recently.

Indignation. 10 Cloverfield Lane. VVitch.

(Even Finding Dory was kind of funny)

I've learned to have extremely low expectations going in but I'm about to watch Hell or High Water and I have hope for The Girl on the Train.

Best for me so far was probably Indignation.

As for kid flicks, Finding Dory was actually kind of funny. Zootopia was pretty good and Kubo is likely good. I watched the beginning in the theaters but walked out because the crowd was all children and I didn't feel like having them ruin my mood.

Knight of Cupa
Neon Demon
Light Between The Oceans
Shin Godzilla
Dehpan (?)
The Lobster
The Room
Hell or High Water
Belladona of Sadness (not from this year but had a small theatric run)

Propaganda.

Manchester by the Sea, for me. Hope Casey gets an Oscar.

Indignation was freaking bland. Even main cast left their seats during the premiere screening.

3 are from 2015.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL made me kek hard.

Blessedly, the gangster shit was downplayed for the most part, focusing on the adventure/survival. I dug that.

10CL
Swiss Army Man
Everybody Wants Some
Midnight Special

>naming a movie after the worst Nick Cave album

Gook movie posters are awful in a different way from how awful western posters have become.

they are all very good films user, you're simply a retard