What does Sup Forums think of the tragedy that happened in Waco Texas in 1993...

What does Sup Forums think of the tragedy that happened in Waco Texas in 1993? I've been brushing up on the event because of the TV series coming out, and i'd like to hear some opinions and stories if Sup Forums has any. I'm young(er) than the events that occurred, so I can only speculate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9pQ1pIbiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the show watchable?

government went fucking around where they shouldn't have been fucking around. lots of people died because of it

Not sure, it's not airing on my television until sunday. Heard mixed reviews so far. Pretty much what I gathered from the few resources I have. ATF set the embers, FBI fanned the flames. (so to speak)

The leader was brainwashing his cult followers and fucking all of the pre-teen virgin daughters. The government stepped in and he killed everybody rather than give up his paradise. You can listen to the rest of these morons if you like.

I'm just trying to get an array of views and opinions, my friend. No need to be a faggot. But this wasn't much of a cult (in my view) as much as any other radical Christian organization.

Came out yesterday, watched about 15 minutes, looked okay, but don't know if I can be fucked with the story, given I already know the ending.

Tim Riggins has lost some weight.

This is true. The David dude was a pedo and raped all the teen girls maybe younger. He also raped women. The government had to step in.

Most of these cunts weren't even alive for waco. I remember seeing this unfold on the news.

Government treading on our rights. Still happening.

I know you have your thoughts and beliefs, but that wasn't the reason the government stepped in. Research before you talk, faggot.

OP here, finally glad to hear some firsthand knowledge. Do you remember how heavily you watched it occur on the news?

I was in school but I watched the news everday with my parents and it was always the leading story.

Government narrative was pushed, guy was a nutjob but the whole thing was so poorly handled from the get go.

go to alluc.ee and search for waco to watch it now

From what i'm watching right now (a 1999 documentary), it seems like the government was brushing all of their negative actions under the rugs. No matter what the differing opinions were, the excessive force used against the "Terrorists" was uncalled for.

Absolutely nothing of value was lost

Just a bunch of mentally unstable, feeble-minded radical christfaggots

FACT: David Koresh was a pedophile and told followers he was Jesus Christ

Trumptards still want to worship him

CASE CLOSED

I do stand with you on the "radical christfaggots" remark, but I don't think that they were all that worthless. People who took the children into social services said that the kids were well educated, well versed, and physically healthy. If they were all "mentally unstable", than why would these children be analyzed as "normal kids"? If they were all bat-shit crazy, wouldn't it show on how they brought up their children?

Pretty much. Good for you for keeping an open mind.

Looking forward to this series. Waco and watching OJ drive down the highway in his Bronco were two of the biggest news events of my childhood. Were way more heavily covered than the wall coming down.

Mind if I pick your mind? I'm a buff for american history and it's not everyday I find someone actually willing to talk about these heavy topics.

Sure. Shoot. I'm just some guy though. Nothing special coming out of me.

A bunch of retarded faggots got themselves killed because they worshipped a third-rate musician.

I forgot about the children. Nevertheless, they probably would have grown up to be batty Christian radicals.

Either way, children burning alive is pretty horrible.

It is, but I have to drop this fact: They decided to use tear gas in the one location they knew was populated by children and mothers, without ventilation. Burning kids and Suffocating them are both pretty bad.

True, you are just "some guy". But you were "some guy" that can remember all the events that I wasn't sentient of at the time. I could ask about so many events that I could ask you about that I can't think of what to ask first.

How did you feel when OJ had been deemed "not guilty" for murder of two individuals, one including his wife?

FBI fucked up in other ways but the Branch Davidians set the fire themselves and David Koresh was ready to kill his followers then himself. Ruby Ridge however was 100% the FBI's fuckup.

Because there isn't an article about how pedos aren't evil and are natural on every shitlib fucking cancer like Vice?

Oldfag here. I remember it.

It was all done to kill a couple FBI agents who were guards for Bill Clinton when he was governor of Arkansas. They knew too much

The govt agents set the place on fire then gunned people down as they were coming out the doors. The bodies stacked up and trapped the people inside.

A lot of children were burned to death.

Janet Reno should have been drawn and quartered for what happened.

>The govt agents set the place on fire
This has been proven false. Also David was fucking the kids so it makes sense he didn't want to be taken alive.

Indifferent. I'm white but race isn't a big issue to me. Lot of black families took it as a big win. I think it was more along the lines of 'well we got away with one this time' instead of actually siding with him.

Was a source of contention between races, but fuck what isn't. Watched him in Naked Gun 2 in theatres. Was funny.

The tear gas canisters the feds fired into the building started the fire.

So since the guy was a pedo, it makes sense to kill every fuckin body in the building, right?

>>Somehow got from OJ to Naked gun 2.
top kek

>The tear gas canisters the feds fired into the building started the fire.
Tinfoil lies

I remember when they raided the compound the first time. If I remember it was the same day as the world trade center bombing. I think it got lost in the news for a while. That was the day the agents got killed.

Bottom line, their "leader" said he was a Prophet. His name wasn't even David Koresh (which is a straight up religious name). It was Vernon Howel (sounds like some fuck head from suburban Chicago).

He managed to convince some people that he was a god, slept with half a dozen different people and kids, and managed to amass a compound with guns, food, supplies. Real survivalist shit. Then he pissed on the feds.

Bottom line, these asshats knew what they signed up for. They thought they were on the righteous side of issue. They killed FBI agents. They got their asses BBQ'd.

Not to say the feds didn't have their own fuckups with this. They did. But these people signed up behind some idiot that thought that god was on his side and that he was some anti-government crusader. he wasn't.

But did CNN or the Federal investigation of the federal operation prove something different ?

No they didn't. Conspiracy theory pushed at the time. The Davidians had the house rigged to burn. Footage shows fires starting at the same time in numerous spots in the compound. Also confirmed by survivors.

Would like if it happened in my apartment with me inside

It has even more to do with the Clintons than that.

One reason there were so many children in the Waco compound was Koresh and his group were aware of the Clintons' child trafficking (even back then) and were *protecting* children.

This knowledge is why they all had to die - and just like how (((they))) always blame their victims for the crimes they themselves commit, once Koresh and his followers were silenced the Clinton cabal smeared them as "child abusers."

Another fun Clinton fact: the OKC bombing conveniently destroyed damning evidence in the Waco case, just like 9/11 conveniently destroyed evidence of the oligarchy's theft of $2.3T from Americans.

Waco: A New Revelation
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9pQ1pIbiU

The Clintons and their whole crew should have been given the chair for those murders.

People like you is why we can't have nice things.

They were a bunch of fucktards in Waco. But the government BADLY mishandled the problem.

I live in Waco. I think Koresh was definitely a questionable guy. Ran a cult and fucked a bunch of guys' wives. This does not justify the government killing dozens of women and children along with him. As he said himself, they could've just arrested him when he was going to WalMart. They chose the path of annihilating the compound and everyone in it, brutally. I went to the site myself, there is nothing even left of the ruins.

They gave that pedo 50 something days to spread his crap. The feds finally had enough, and he torched the place before they breached

Dam. How'd you know? You must be smart.

I was alive at the time, too young to fully understand what happened but I remember seeing the tank on TV. Took a deeper look into what happened about a decade ago and the whole mess stinks to high heaven. I think it was botched it up so badly that they need to distribute a fresh a public narrative on the next generation so people will just reference whatever they see on this documentary that's airing, which I'm 100% sure will not be the truth. That coupled with the ol' ace-in-the-hole's of moral outcry 'children being hurt' and 'they have automatic/dangerous weapons' and I reckon you've got about 60% of the general populace who will not question due to the illusion of supporting a righteous cause and just regurgitate the moral high cards when ever the subject is brought up.

And the funny thing is, didn't we go to war just a decade later to to look for 'weapons of mass destruction'? Sure seems like that 'they have weapons' card works wonders on the sheeple.

This is just another step towards social engineering. Think for yourself.

>there is nothing even left of the ruins
It's essential to never leave any evidence that can contradict the government's tale.

That's why the steel from WTC was shipped out of the country and melted down, the evidence from the TWA 800 shoot down was confiscated, etc.

Events of the moment remind us just how corrupt the DOJ is.

>Think for yourself
DON'T TELL ME HOW TO THINK

you don't know me very well

How do I get to know you? should I buy you a drink? perhaps a friendly game of Jenga?

The guy used religion build himself a harem, then convinced his followers that it was their religious duty to prepare for war with the government. Occam's Razor says that he was a sociopath who wanted to fuck some teenagers and go out in a blaze of glory, and he did.

Never understood why people think that there's a need for a better explanation that that. People love a conspiracy theory, I guess.

David Koresh also had a stockpile of illegal weapons, military stuff that is not allowed for the general public to own

That's so bad it's not even close enough to be considered wrong.

>>Uses wild conspiracy theory
>>"Man, people and their conspiracy theory's"

FACT: Damn near every celeb knew about the Harvey Weinstein shit and didn't say a peep to protect their careers. They let young aspiring actresses get abused. They all proudly criticised the fuck out of Trump when the access Hollywood tape came out while their skeletons of enablement were sitting in their closets.

And libtards still worship them as their go to source for political opinions.

I don't think you know what the word "conspiracy" means. You certainly don't know what apostrophes are for.

I guess you're right, I should've been using my head. but then again...
You're fucking wrong and you can nitpick my grammar all you want but it doesn't change the fact you don't know shite.