Since atheists claim that there is no God, why do some have such hostility against those who do believe in God...

Since atheists claim that there is no God, why do some have such hostility against those who do believe in God? Why do some seem to have a mission in life or an axe to grind against Christians or Christianity and even against God? Why do they detest a belief in something that they themselves don’t believe in? Since there is no Santa Clause, why don’t they go up to every Santa Clause they meet and rail against them or not existing since both don’t seem to exist to them?

athiesmfags are emotionally undeveloped

No hostility there. Just think we need to outgrow this delusion as a species. Not to mention that historically, it has been the faithful who have continuously shown hatred and hostility towards "non believers" or people of different faiths...

I have no animosity towards atheist because I used to be one. Christians are in no way superior to non-believers because God is no respecter of a person’s ability, social standing, or wealth (Acts 10:34; Rom 2:11). God doesn’t look at the outside as we do, rather He looks at the heart (1 Sam 16:7). We too must look, not at the outside, but at the soul of that person as someone that needs saving. They may have very good reason not to believe in God, but we all know that belief doesn’t alter what is true so ask them sincerely why they became an atheist? Show them respect but ask them what their reasons for not believing in God since they lack all knowledge of all places in the universe? Why can they not deal with a God and that exists?

It seems to me that the very notion of looking at a non believer as "needing saving" is incredibly condescending. And while I respect your take on Christianity, I trust you realize your apparent take on it puts you at odds with organized religion, and the Bible...

Have you asked yourself, what if you’re wrong and there is a heaven and a hell?
If you don’t believe in something, does it mean it doesn’t exist? In other words, does what we believe change what is true? An example was that humanity was convinced at one time that the earth was flat but their “concrete evidence” of looking at the earth and seeing nothing but flatness didn’t make the world into a flat surface. What atheists believe and don’t believe cannot make something true or false.

atheists are really just the weakest race

Because most of them are anti-theists rather than atheists, but don't know how to properly label themselves.

By that rationale, you're likely to believe in what you believe likely due to your geographical location. Christian, as in likely European or American. If you had been born in the middle East, your truth would have been to believe in Allah. Had you been born in Central Africa, you'd likely believe in the Great Juju at the top of the mountain. What if im wrong? What if you are wrong about the great Juju?

Well then Where did matter come from?
We know about Aristotle was opposed to Plato’s “First Cause” but his own theory of causality is still an argument from universal causation. Plato’s basic argument in The Laws (Book X) was that all movement in the world was an imparted motion, and since everything is in motion, who or what caused that first movement? Who or what was the first cause of the universe? Where did matter come from? Was there a singular point of the beginning of the universe and all matter? Since matter must have a cause, Who or what was that cause?

Most of the passionately annoying atheists are lapsed Christians. They are angry that they were ‘lied to’ by their parents, etc. They misdirect that anger into shitty arguments.

What happens after you die and what proof of your belief do you have?
Atheists may say what happens to them after death and as far as the physical body, we can know that, but what about the soul of a man or woman? Can you kill a soul? Is this all there is after life? Is it nothingness or no state of awareness? How can they be so sure that there’s no afterlife? What if they’re wrong? Won’t it be too late them to believe in God (Heb 9:27).

My nigga you have to stop seeing the universe and time with human concepts. That’s the biggest problem with believing we have any clue what a creator god would have planned.

The good news is that we have learned quite a bit since antiquity. Modern string theory has made huge strides in providing possible scenarios on how something can be created out of "nothing". While we certainly do not have all the answers (far from it), science will get us there.

Well yeah but it’s a win for them no matter what. If there is an after life, they were wrong but they get to enjoy heaven and shit. If there is no afterlife, they were right all along.

If humans are simply a process of random chemical processes over millions of years then how a non-believer be so sure their atheism properly represents reality? What if they’re wrong? What hope is there after this life if life is all there is? Does that rob purpose beyond the grave? Do you believe in an after-life somewhere? The Bible declares that “what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse” (Rom 1:19-20).

I’m loving your enthusiasm, but string theory is no longer that popular. If you are Brian Greene in 1995 you would be my hero though.

Well yeah dude, that’s kind of her point. An atheist doesn’t need to worry about ‘purpose’ or what happens after they die.

I surmise that we simply stop being. Like a clock running out of energy. As for proofs, I have no more to provide than you do.

Are you absolutely sure there is no God? If not, then is it not possible that there is a God? And if it is possible that God exists, then can you think of any reason that would keep you from wanting to look at the evidence?

I think it's the same reason some Christians are shitty about other religions or non-believers. Some people are just shitheads who want to convince everyone that their way of thinking is the only correct way.

I swear you've been posting these threads for like 3 years now. Why?

Do you not remember the 80s?
I have scars on my hands and face from religious teachers that used to beat us in school for even the smallest thing. You people have a very short memory of how awful you are when you have influence.

One cannot prove or disprove the existence of god. I find no compelling reason to believe there is, and find far many more to believe it does not.

If it takes an intelligent being to produce an encyclopedia, then would it not also take an intelligent being to produce the equivalent of 1000 sets of an encyclopedia full of information in the first one-celled animal? (Even atheists such as Richard Dawkins acknowledges that “amoebas have as much information in their DNA as 1000 Encyclopaedia Britannicas.” Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker (New York: WW. Norton and Co., 1996), 116.)

If all the gods had a fight who would win?

Galactus, FTW

There are no religious people on Sup Forums

ITT:autism

Would you agree that intelligently designed things call for an intelligent designer of them? If so, then would you agree that evidence for intelligent design in the universe would be evidence for a designer of the universe?

Doesnt it get fucking boring posting this everyday?

Fuck off, that has nothing to do with what i have said or the question you asked.
You are a basic bitch.

Galactus has tied with odin
Also he's considered more of a cosmic force than a god

Negrodamus

Because you keep making these threads and you're not even a christfag.

No

Apples and oranges. The quantity of information has no bearing to its quality. Look at Wikipedia...

Would you agree that nothing cannot produce something? If so, then if the universe did not exist but then came to exist, wouldn’t this be evidence of a cause beyond the universe?

Not an atheist, but from an outside looking in view i feel its something to do with all the things Christians and other religions did in the past. I remember one guy asking if atheists ever started a holy war. Something about science being held back by Christianity too.

But mostly they dont believe in god, so i feel like they see themselves as more god like.

>christianity and religion as a whole has been a net negative to the entire species for hundreds of years now
>people resisting progress and murdering others in the name of their god
>doesn't understand why people have a negative view towards them

>Since atheists claim that there is no God, why do some have such hostility against those who do believe in God?
I don't. I grew up Catholic, and I still carry some of that with me. I enjoyed the tradition and the rituals, and I actually miss it a bit. I think the Bible is full of wisdom and brilliant metaphors, and I sympathize with most of the teachings of Christ.

What bothers me is when people use religion for political purposes, and when they try to shove their morality down everyone's throats. The fact that people won't vote for someone simply because they're pro-choice infuriates me--especially when they'll vote for someone who's behavior is antithetical to Christ's teachings.

I believe the Bible has been vulgarized throughout history, and that most of the parables and metaphors were never meant to be taken literally. Who knows. Anyway, I love the Bible, but I hate most Christianity.

>>christianity and religion as a whole has been a net negative to the entire species for hundreds of years now
>>people resisting progress and murdering others in the name of their god
>>doesn't understand why people have a negative view towards them
+9,000

You have gone full retard. It is a fact that Jesus is a myth. Carrier's book is the final blow to Christianity for those willing to accept the truth. I was once an Evangelical Pastor. I now am a Deist. God doesn't meddle.

this is simple i am atheist and atheism is the non belief of a higher power i need to see to believe. that requires evidence not anecdote show me god or proof of god and i will believe. However If i was proven to be wrong I have many things against a God childhood cancer stillbirth insects who's whole life cycle is based upon living and destroying children's eyes. if there is a god i stand against this wholly evil creature. reason i am anti religion is not my atheism its my humanity

Well no. I just referred you to some materials that can explain how something can come out of nothing.

No.

Why can't you deal with a God that doesn't exist?

If every law needs a lawgiver, does it not make sense to say a moral law needs a Moral Lawgiver?

How do you know I am not a christfag user?

>people can't be good without being fearmongered into it

Pretty good reason to think Christianity is a crock of shit.

No, that makes no sense.

>
>If every law needs a lawgiver, does it not make sense to say a moral law needs a Moral Lawgiver?

This is the sort of pseudo-theological babble that is detrimental to any sort of argument. Not to mention that laws were created by men. As was tge concept of morality.

Would you agree that if it took intelligence to make a model universe in a science lab, then it took super-intelligence to make the real universe?

No. Doesn't follow.

That sounds like existentialism user

So, Pascal's Wager.. pretty original

Would you agree that something presently exists? If something presently exists, and something cannot come from nothing, then would you also agree that something must have always existed?

What the fuck kind of mental gymnastics is this? First time I've come across this line of thinking.

You must be new here

I don't see how one or the other is even necessarily 100% truth, let alone how they're even correlated.

At least it's not a religion.

Welcome to Sup Forums and the neverending shitpost

would you agree that if it took intelligence to model water motion, it takes super-intelligence to do a cannonball?

No, your assumptions are false so your conclusion is meaningless.

You're assuming that there was ever a time where there was "nothing". That the past has no limit.

If time begins when existence begins, then there's no reason it needs to have been "created".

. Would you agree that it takes a cause to make a small glass ball found in the woods? And would you agree that making the ball larger does not eliminate the need for a cause? If so, then doesn’t the biggest ball of all (the whole universe) need a cause?

The argument from efficient causality is flawed. It doesn't come close to debunking an infinite materiality; i.e. something like the Cyclic Model. And it also doesn't get around the issue of causality, given that you can't explain where God came from and what God IS.

because those who believe in a fucking god... believe that they themselves are an image of god. Now explain this you fucking pedo, whats with the same thread?

>Since atheists claim that there is no God, why do some have such hostility against those who do believe in God?

Because believers tend to insist everyone do as they say. They don't want abortion because Jesus. They don't want to sell booze on sundays because Jesus. They want to make laws that reflect their beliefs that others don't believe in. They yammer on about "it's a christian nation" despite a significant and growing number of people who don't believe - or believe in something else.

They always talk about their "close and personal relationship with god" but they never seem to shut the fuck up about it. I lost count of how many times i've seen billboards that say "Jesus is lord over " but holy shit do they lose their shit if they see an atheist post up a single "god doesn't exist" billboard. And atheists don't show up at your door at 9 in the morning on a saturday, ringing or banging away to sell you their religion like a fucking dodgy vacuum salesman from the 60's when you're nursing a hangover. And they don't sit on the street corner with bullhorns, screaming about fire and brimstone and telling passerbys that they're going to burn for eternity unless they believe as they do.

We wouldn't mind christians if they would simply shut the fuck up and keep their deeply held personal beliefs to themselves.

But they don't. And that's why I wish lions had been more plentiful.

Since Muslims believe their prophet is the real one, why do some have such hostility against those who don't believe theirs is? Why do some seem to have a mission in life to blow faggits up? Why do they detest a belief in a prophet that they themselves believe in? Since there is no God, why don't they stop believing in him and rail against your mom's dick, since both don't seem to exist to them?

No.

you need that intelligence to REcreate something.

How can you say that my assumptions are false if i know for a fact that that ia the word of the lord our savior Jesus Christ

Christianity isn't even a cool a religion the greeks and Scandinavian religions are so much cooler

It's just funny... Always the same arguments. I would think if there were a god, he would have imparted future knowledge of germs or things like that... Maybe made the bible himself in big golden glowing letters understandable but all. Not anything like he is made up to be by theists

well said

Knowing something in your heart doesn't mean it's true

>you fucking pedo

You couldn't shut the fuckin guy up years ago, but as soon as we started being able to record things, suddenly he clams up. Stagefright, i guess.

No doubt

therefore it is mostly likely that rather than various incredibly simple energy fields emerging and folding around each other in complex ways, a big jewish faggot has always and will always be, and he created our massive universe as a backdrop for dicking around with a tiny planet of monkey men, getting them to cut parts off their dicks and sing his praises while he knocks up a 13 year old so she could give birth to him and he could die to appease himself.
> p e r f e c t l y l o g i c a l

>Since there is no Santa Clause, why don’t they go up to every Santa Clause they meet and rail against them or not existing since both don’t seem to exist to them?

Because nobody will tell me to burn in some hell for not believing in Santa.

Since Christians claim that there is a God, why do some have such hostility against those who don't believe in God? Why do some seem to have a mission in life or an ax to grind against atheists and even against non-Christian theists? Why do they detest those who don't believe in something that they themselves believe in? Since there is no Santa Clause, why don’t they go up to every Santa Clause they meet and rail against them for not existing since they detract from the true meaning of Christmas?

>
>How can you say that my assumptions are false if i know for a fact that that ia the word of the lord our savior Jesus Christ
And there you go ladies and gentlemen. The Word. All your scientific evidence and arguments are invalid because Jesus.

Have fun burning in Hell for all eternity, you gigafaggot

I have no animosity towards theists because I used to be one. Atheists are in no way superior to believers because the uncaring universe is no respecter of a person’s ability, social standing, or wealth. The universe doesn’t look at the heart as we do, rather it looks at the outside. We too must look, not at the heart, but at the outer world as something to explore and even cherish. They may have very good reason to believe in God, but we all know that belief doesn’t alter what is true so ask them sincerely why they became an theist? Show them respect but ask them what their reasons for believing in God since they lack all knowledge of any part of the universe? Why can they not deal with a God that does not exist?

In the light of the anthropic principle (that the universe was fine-tuned for the emergence of life from its very inception), wouldn’t it make sense to say there was an intelligent being who preplanned human life?

> (You)
>Have fun burning in Hell for all eternity, you gigafaggot
Good thing there isnt one.

Yeap, thats the usual harangue.

The great thing is that atheism is growing. and it's going to keep growing. bigger and bigger.

untill there is nobody

you

left.

I would kill for that asd

We're here. Of course the universe exists in a way that allowed that to happen. Because we wouldn't be here to notice that in a universe that wasn't.

Compared to what, believing in a guy who was wrote about centuries after they died? Pitting complete faith in something that has no proof, apart from that other people also believe in it?

Boy oh boy, I'm gonna enjoy kickin it with JC while we watch you fuckers suffer unimaginable horrors. I hope there's popcorn in Heaven.

There is, but you have to come to Hell to get it to pop

>cupcakes are colorful
>Tropical birds are colorful
Tropical birds are delicious

pretty sure that attitude is exactly why you'll be in hell along with the rest of us