Tool

/thread

king krule

Queen

Filthy Frank

Frank Zappa

Rick=Ezra
Morty=Fantano

Content that's literally so bad and inspires so much disgusting, pseudo intellectual behavior that you're tempted to judge it on the grounds of what it makes people do in addition to how bad it is?
Probably

Aphex Twin

radiohead, but Sup Forums would never admit that

This is actually it.

No other band is as mainstream and attracts people who consider themselves "intelligent" as much as Radiohead.

Joy Division

think about when you started to hate rick and morty and when you started to think about it so much

Frank Zappa was a great composer though, you can say his lyrics were shit but his music was very complex and well written. He was extremely good at his craft.

Dream Theater

J- Cole

Alternative Rock as a whole

XXXTentacion

MGMT

Who's the Xavier: Renegade Angel of music?

muse

This is actually a great answer. Someone who actually has plenty of bright shit to say, but is often drowned out by his fans proclaiming "NIGGA IS FUCKING JESUS UP IN HERE, OH MY GOD" so people ignore him mostly.

If you mean genius then I'd say Zappa

Though he gets out there on some Mothers albums and Thing-Fish

Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

Hopsin

Bach

How do you figure, I'm taking music history so I'm curious why you picked him?

death grips no question.

He's just shitposting.

This and Tame Impala

I mean he didn't really invent anything just kind of perfect it and raise the bar. So I don't see how that's rick and morty, unless he's saying that Rick and Morty is raising the bar ;)

This

King Gizzard

unironically this

PICKLE CHOA

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Trout Mask Replica. The music is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of high level music theory most of the sobngs will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Beefheart's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Trout Mask Replica truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Beefheart's existencial catchphrase "Fast and bulbous, Mascara Snake." which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Beefheart's genius unfolds itself into their ears. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Trout Mask Replica tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

This.

kek

If you have havent listened to much zappa stfu..? If you have and you dont like it that is cool. But to just spew false shit? He made profound music that inspired uncountable artists.. He is very talented.. He had fun with what he did. I respect and enjoy his music and most who have listened do as well.

>Nigga knows shit shit.

Are you classically trained in theory unlike most of these plebs?

Jcole in terms of rap

akala

I am and Zappa is a great artist.

still love it myself, been watching since the first episode aired

>Content that's literally so bad and inspires so much disgusting, pseudo intellectual behavior that you're tempted to judge it on the grounds of what it makes people do in addition to how bad it is?
Is that the reason why hacks like Adrian Belew, Chad Wackerman, Vinnie Colaiuta and Pierre Boulez worked with him? Probably. There are more hacks in the legacy section:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zappa