Early Rap

Recently discovered WuTang Clan and Mobb Deep and enjoy their music but i dont wanna look through all the members music. Does Sup Forums have any song suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tCTm5M3Cp8
youtube.com/watch?v=bpMpjrxNhB4
youtube.com/watch?v=nU4OIAYwo5g
youtube.com/watch?v=BrZ5U6jg8xs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GZA - Liquid Swords
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
ODB - Return to the 36 Chambers
Method Man - Tical
Redman - Muddy Waters
Czarface - s/t

Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
best solo work from any wu-tang member don't @me

Definitely check these out though
>Death Certificate - Ice Cube
>6 Feet Deep - Gravediggaz
>Wu-Tang Forever - Wu-Tang Clan (skip the first track)
>Slim Shady Ep - Eminem
>Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star - Blackstar
>Black on Both Sides - Mos Def
>Slim Shady LP - Eminem
>Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
>Fishscales - Ghostface Killah
>Born Like This - MF Doom
>The Hybrid - Danny Brown
>Twelve Reasons to Die - Ghostface Killah

You might also like some of these
>Eazy-Duz-It - Eazy-E
>Fear of a Black Planet - Public Emeny
>De La Soul Is Dead - De La Soul
>Ready to Die - Notorious B.I.G.
>Stakes Is High - De La Soul
>Madvillainy - Madvilian
>Rare Chandeliers - Action Bronson

These are all classics too

Ghost has a better track record than the Clan does

Listened to about half of those albums
i think odb-brooklyn zoo should also be a classic

Everything from A Tribe Called Quest

It's not to jazzy for him? He likes hardcore boom bap, from his two listened albums Outside of Scenario I don't know if I'd suggest that

wtf I didn't know ODB did this, it's pretty good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=-tCTm5M3Cp8

Why doesn't Big Daddy Kane get any love?

>early hip-hop
Long Live the Kane (1988)
It's a Big Daddy Thing (1989)

>gangster style w/ dat old skool wordplay
Looks Like a Job For... (1993)
Daddy's Home (1994)

>best posse cut ever
youtube.com/watch?v=bpMpjrxNhB4

He's got a great feature on Fear of the Black Planet with Ice Cube

>Best Posse cut
>includes Jay Z

Actually did you ever hear 1train. I could see old heads getting pissed but it's a great throw back, and everyone on it has a distinct voice and you can tell apart.
youtube.com/watch?v=nU4OIAYwo5g

Good List, props for repping Born Like This.

Prince Paul just put out a new album, it's pretty fucking fantastic

He's up there with Kool G Rap as far as underrated MCs

youtube.com/watch?v=BrZ5U6jg8xs

He did a good job on 36 seasons as a feature recently

Also is it fair to say Ghost has the most consistently solid discography in rap of the 15 albums (including collabs) he's dropped Ghostdini and Put It on the Line are probably the weakest, but they're far from terrible albums. He's also got

>Ironman
>Supreme Clientele
>Fishscale
>Apollo Kids
>Twelve Reasons to Die

under his belt

I really liked Kool G Rap on Gladiator Music by Gangrene

I stopped really listening to ghostface after 12 reasons to die, but I liked a couple songs off of sour soul. His Run of albums From Cuban Linx one to Cuban Linx 2 are really great though. I thought everything from that period other than the Big Doe Rehab was good-great, including Ghostdini.

Like I said I think those were his weakest, but not bad. But I actually haven't heard Cuban Linx 2 yet I dig the first but haven't heard the second yet. But I'll never understand how people (like Joe Budden) could say Jay has the best run because half of his records are weak.

also I'll have to check out Gangrene and the new prince paul albums thanks for the tips :)

As far as east coast rap goes, I'd rec:

Illmatic - Nas
The Big Picture - Big L
Wu Tang Forever - Wu Tang Clan

Those are the big 3 I go back to the most when I get that itch.

Liquid Swords by GZA

Return to 36 Chambers by Ol' Dirty Bastard

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx by Raekwon and Ghostface Killah

Eric b and Rakeem

Digital underground

2pac

Ghostface Killah solo stuff

Method man solo stuff

Enjoy I got heavily into wu after seeing Ghostface love a couple years ago now I’m also obsessed

Also if you like the wu vibe you will probably really like MF DOOM

I LOVE RakIm, but I feel like their music is so dated. Like I can't give any one record more than like a 7. I think the perfect combination of what I'd like them to do is "Know the Ledge" the beat goes hard, Rakim is smooth and slick as ever, and we get a bit of Eric B's scratchin at the end. Perfect.

But then there are songs like Eric B on the Cut where it's production sounds dated and it takes forever ever for Rakim to rap. Though I dig some tunes on every album. I also love Follow the Leader's title track, I just think it goes a bit long for me.

Hmm I feel like his sound is ageless I still listen to know the ledge and don’t sweat the technique

I’d really recommend doom to you check out an album called behind the mask

Also

Kool Keith - Sex Styles
LOX
El-P
J Dilla - Donuts
Madlib - Madvillain actually ALL HIS STUFF hehe
MOP
Mos Def
Pharcyde bizarre ride
Also all the old GZA stuff
Puff daddy and the family
Notorious etc etc etc

I've only not heard Puffy (a full album) and MOP or LOX. I've heard the other records and solid taste my dude

but I meant the production. Like it's very much in that 80's drum machine production for Paid in Full and the later albums sound better but I have more problem with the choices they made, vs Rakim. He's fine doing what he does, I just wish I'd get more or I'd get the right amount if that makes sense. Like there is only a few songs where I wouldn't edit them if I was Eric B or Rakim. Where I wouldn't touch a song on Black on Both Sides or Low End Theory (well I might cut Everything is Fair but that's a different story)

Main Source - Breaking Atoms

A remastered version of it was released last month.

I hear what you’re saying about their sound I just love it all especially that old LL Cool J which is so fing heavy

Check out MOP Downtown Swinga
LOX does a bunch of stuff with Ghost that wublock album is him and sheek Louch probably best known for can’t stop won’t stop and wild out
Puff has some crazy good albums all the old ones are classics

Last time I saw Ghostface live was him with Sheek Louch they did a bunch of wublock stuff awesome and LOX did a couple of their bigger songs

I'll have to check those out, and I heard Wu-Block but I haven't revisited it. I'l have to do that