Hello, Sup Forums

Hello, Sup Forums.
I am curious.
(Depressing thread inbound)
When I was younger, life felt so well.. Happy basically. It feels like as i've gotten older, I cannot enjoy things anymore to put it simply. When I laugh, it's usually just so I don't look like a depressed person. And the laughter I do have comes with a small slice of pain in a way.

I make people laugh only for the reason that they don't pick on me or turn against me. I feel like that's the only reason people are friends with me, other than that i'm useless.

It's hard to say if I'm depressed, because it's not necessarily a sad feeling is it. I think depression is more when you feel almost nothing anymore, right?

I'm not sure what to think, I miss feeling stuff.

I barely even feel pain anymore, when people say something bad about me I pretend to laugh as a way to show it did not effect me. Which it didn't anyway.

user theres definitely some sort of depression but the main issue if you need to find a drive find something you love and work with it you probably feel a lot worse cause your in situations that dont excite or make you happy (not saying you always can be) but find something you love and do it, its the only way to cope

Same with me. The best way to deal with it is to find something you REALLY like to do. If the things you do don't interest you anymore, try something new. Ask for the help of your close friends and family if you can and build self confidence. You're not perfect and no one else is. And, if it helps with anything, there are lots of people out there who feel exactly like you do. Life is just hard.

It feels as though nothing excites me really, apart from the main goal of all living men. Of course being women. That's all there is to it really.

I have tried multiple different things, I never stick to it though. Also nothing lasts forever sadly. And after enough time, it gets boring anyway.

Search for new things that you might enjoy. Of course, you need to know yourself first. Do you like expressing yourself? Try learning a new instrument, for example. Ask yourself what do you like to do or, if nothing comes to mind, try new things.

I feel the same way, only differ is that everything i do feels so dull and boring. Lately life has placed so many bricks in my way that I will end my life in a few weeks. I know this is selfish of me but meh, fuck this life. Maybe there is something after this boring world.

I've picked up a bass over christmas, maybe I should play it more if anything. Learning songs is okay.

It is how life is. I guess the older we get the harder it is to focus on things as when we were younger. Trust me, i feel exactly the same. Just know that you are not alone and keep trying. You just need to find something to keep you going.

That's pretty sad, but unfortunately I am too scared to end it. So I will wait till I get old and die instead personally, or get killed some other maybe horrific way.

If you can, spend more time with your friends and family. Usually the best moments in our lives are the ones we spent with the people we like and love. I lack people to share moments in my life and, if you do too, learn to love yourself. There is no one more important in this life than yourself if you are in this same situation. Help yourself.

That's true.. Sometimes to deal with that I tend to listen to either nostalgic songs or generally sad songs. But it doesn't last long enough sadly. It's odd, but even talking about this makes it slightly better.

And maybe there isn't. Why waste what you have left if you don't know what comes next? What if it's nothing at all?

I feel pretty disconnected from my family in a way, but I will try.
The thought of permanent slumber is comforting to some, and terrifying to others.

Of course it feels better. It's comforting to know that there are other people out there just like you. In fact, there are people even worse. We just need to keep trying to find our light in this world, and that's not easy. Every time i feel like this i think about how many people feel the same and i want to help them. I think the best way to help is to show them that i know how they feel and that we can keep going if we try.

True words.

It's kind of weird, because sometimes it can just feel like a phase but sometimes it can feel like a life time. One week I can be the most confident, over the moon person with no doubts and the next week I can be at rock bottom. It's hard for me to understand.

get a pet, maybe?
some can really feel when shit is about to reach the fan and help you in their own way

Also, pets, specially dogs, love you no matter what. There are owners who are absolute assholes and their pets still love them regardless. They can be even more loyal than people.

I feel like a cat could possibly help.
One that is not begging for attention, but one that is actually comfortable around me.
Those cats are the most worth I think.

I personally think I would depress a dog, so that's probably not a good idea. I would provide for them I think though, and not be an ass.

I have a cat. You have no idea how much he helps me feel better when i'm alone.

Everyone keeps saying be around people who care and love you.. Well there are no such people. Family is away and never had a strong connection anyway. Friends are mostly people that are forced to know me from work and hung with some of them but its not that of a friendship in a real friend way. Someone said he may end it all.. Well i dont see any good in that either because you once lived happy and now after some time passed suddenly you realise you ate not happy anymore, no joy in life.. You may find a way to be happy again.. But if you wanna end it sure go ahead im not going to stop you or anything. So my question here is.. Why is all the joy gone now?

Then be around.... Yourself. When there is no one else to love you, you are the one who needs to love yourself. Seriously, how many people who are depressed have problems with self confidence? Both things are extremely related.

My advice is to endure and keep doing what your doing. Maintain your life. Good things will come to you, eventually.

Thanks as always Sup Forums.