>/balt/

Other urls found in this thread:

manyvids.to/holly2dolly-2017-04-05-132554_ead4ef446.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baltic_Origins_of_Homer's_Epic_Tales
youtube.com/watch?v=p_5yt5IX38I
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maavalla_Koda
youtube.com/watch?v=RVyS0-m5F4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does "vegetables" have only silent vowels?

why do i want to rape a finno girl(boy)

Am i invited

Yes

Wake up, dummies.

About to go to sleep lads.

Good night.

Who /lotsofcoffee/ here?

Come on, /balt/ should be invited too! Who doesnt like mentally deranged tranny animeposters?

MAKE WAY FOR THE BIG BOY

Bump

kes see loll sööb aint õli!?

What the fuck happened
Is gulash that unhealthy?

Tere!

Mi újság, skacok?

semmi különös, veled mizu testvérem?

A fejem fáj, mert alkoholista vagyok.

Tere

az nem jó, mit ittál?

Pezsgőt vodkával.

Most of those words are of Baltic origin, not Germanic.

In many cases its impossible to tell whether the word is Baltic or Germanic.

E.g ranta/rand. Lithuanian has krantas (Proto-Baltic *kranta, *krantā), and Swedish has strand (Proto-Norse *stranđa).

Estonian/Finnish = Lithuanian:
hõim/heimo = šiema "family" [that -ie- was originally -ei-, as seen in Old Prussian and the Finnic languages]
kaim/kaima = kaima "village"
sõsar/sisar = sesuo [This is an interesting loan. Lithuanian has lost that final -r in the nominative, but the Finnic languages kept it. In other cases that -r- reappears, e.g the genitive is "sesers"]

Also, š/ž -> h is a regular change in the Finnic languages.

Lithuanian žambas -> Veps hambaz, Finnish/Estonian hammas

Actually, I was mistaken.
Lithuanian has "šeima".

praise the eternal blue sky brothers

Sorry to crash, but do you guys ever get people from the Ugric republics in russia?

full pauer

>mis on keto

The hottest sauna i ever was in was 90 degrees for 15 minutes
And you?

Yes

Any Magyar user can confirm if this qt is singing in Hungarian around minute 40:00. I thought it was Romanian but I'm not sure.
Please, guys, I need your help.
Here is the link for the video:

manyvids.to/holly2dolly-2017-04-05-132554_ead4ef446.html

Hello from Republic of Komi.

Why Komi-Permiaks look like Tatars of Bashkirs?

You a real Komi? How's life in Mordor?

life is bad.

Tell us about the life in your community

I was buying a lunch about an hour ago and the person behind me fucking intruded my personal space. Why the fuck do people do that? I feel really uncomfortable when a complete stranger is standing less than 40cm away from me. It's like there is lots of space around you, fucking stand there.

I am single. We (Komi) are living in cities now, while about 100 years ago most lived in villages.

This.

She doesnt sing you retard made me wate my time kys spic and shes ugly

Do people speak Komi any more or is it mostly russified? Newspapers, TV, books? What's the culture like? Any distinct differences compared to Russians?

She hums, dude. And you can listen to the song in the background music. I just want to know in which language the song is.
You don't need to be so rude in this board.
And why do everybody here says that she's ugly?

Welcome! So, as I understand, you are Zyrian?
Fun fact I read: the Komi flag is supposedly modeled after the Estonian flag, with the black replaced with green.

Do I have to wait 40 minutes to hear her sing? You better start learning Hungarian now, when you'll reach the C1 level go back and listen again, then you'll know if it's in Hungarian or not.

Yes. No hate, but Permiaks are rapebabies.

Language is alive and still in schools but dying.

You can put the video in the minute you want by moving the cursor.
I don't want you to be 40 minutes watching it , dude. Just simply go directly to that minute.

You need to popularize the language and emphasize the Finno-Ugric identity. We need to bring the tribes back together! Can't let us die amongs other nations. Also, Finno-Ugrics should only marry girls from their own nation (or other Finno-Ugric nation) to preserve the future for Uralic children.

>"The last Livonian", who had learned the Livonian language as a part of an unbroken chain of Livonian generations, was Viktor Berthold (b. 1921). He was buried on 28 February 2009 in the Livonian village of Kolka in Courland.
good riddance

Why Livonia is lost?

Last native speaker died 2013

it sounds like Spanish to me thats 100% not Hu*garian and for the second question why do people say water is wet?

>it sounds like Spanish to me thats 100% not Hu*garian
Ok, so definitely she must be Romanian.
>and for the second question why do people say water is wet?
Her hair and eyes are beautiful. You cannot deny it.

>this is the only general in Sup Forums that does not produce high rates of autismposts

hair too long, eyes too big she looks like frog

Don't worry, it's just a matter of time when the degenerates find us.

wrong general perhaps, tót?

nah man, I think /balt/ autists are content with their surroundings

Thanks for the invite. Appreciate it, I think I might spend some more time in this general.

I'm interested in dead languages. I don't understand, of you're the last known speaker wouldn't someone record you speaking stuff for a week and use that as sometging like a Rosetta stone?
Or are the resources there to learn it already, its just no one does?

By the same logic they should stick with Sup Forums instead of shitting up other boards

Dead means no more native speakers. Latin is a dead language, but widely used nevertheless. You could learn Livonian if you wanted to.

Kinda sad tb h.
I don't want Scottish or Irish Gaelic to die off, but they're on their way.
Been thinking about learning Latin, not to use it per se, but to get a deeper understanding of where a lot of English words originate.

>hair too long
Most women wear long hair (at least in my country). Her hair is way longer than the average, and it gives her an air of nobility, like princess from an old age, despite of what her profession is.
>eyes too big
Large blue eyes are not an unattractive trait as far as I know.
>she looks like frog
I don't think the same but if she does look like a frog, then she is a Sup Forums Pepe-friendly qt.

Something like that was done with last Kamassian language speaker Klavdiya Plotnikova. It was known that she was the last speaker of her people. Now Kamassian is researched in universities. I suppose Livonian is also well documented.
Point being still, Uralic people are not dead and we are not dying as a whole. The awareness amongst the tribes is growing and the future will be bright.

>hair too long
unironically kill yourself, end your fucking life

Who was Väinämöinen really?

Some gay nigger who liked to sing

Our new Minister of Finance looks promising. I really hope he fixes all this mess our government did.

I'm so glad KE finallh took power

i thought you killed yourself long hair poolack

maybe in your spic country where nobody has ever seen blue eyes its attractive

Doesn't matter, all parties in our country are shit.

Are you Greek?

yes, I am Greek

Probably, Mordovia is lost... It is strongly russified and Erzya are the most Finno-Ugric nationality to be simillar to Russians.

I always hated that "comedian". Honestly, I don't know how the fuck he achieved to become a Sup Forums meme.
I live in a shithole but that doesn't mean I have never seen blue eyes before. Even my grandmother has blue eyes, buddie.

Why moved from German Caliphreich to Slovakia? Or was banned?

KE has always been based ad

Im not ikibey you budget ghenghis khan, im actual greek
blue eyes= trash

What are you doing here? It's a Finno-Ugric general.

what are you? bolis?

slovaks usually try to escape their shithole

I am Finno-Ugric.

We have as many people living outside of Slovakia as Denmark, Pooolacks are fucking everywhere stfu trash

I said "try"

And I am Greek

This is not a Greek thread, dumbass.

now it is

>now it is
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baltic_Origins_of_Homer's_Epic_Tales

Don't say stupid stuff like that. He was a Finnish (Finnic?) god-deity.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_5yt5IX38I
Which nationality?

a komi playing his traditional kantele under the influence of pálinka

I think it is Estonian. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maavalla_Koda

Where does this mongol meme come from really? Uralics and mongols aren't related.

I don't know... But really Mari, Udmurts and Komi-Permiaks was very Tatarized so they even can be considered as part of Mongoloid race.

kossuvissypekka? kossuvissypekka.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVyS0-m5F4M

>mfw 10-day work_pipe ends tommorow and a 9-day drunk_pipe begins

sorry for shitposting, but i just was so excited to witness pic rel in the library xD

Anime is gay

Not anime fan but...
GLORIOVS WESTERN ANIMATION. DISNEY USE MS PAINT!

Just woke up lads.