en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxxxymiron
youtube.com/watch?v=2vbs6yZTGmc
youtube.com/watch?v=4ff6CjYBhoI
youtube.com/watch?v=hh2XvQS3Kgs
youtube.com/watch?v=5bZuFYcQ-wQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DyMY2jbeLEI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grime is fucking shit.

Has anyone noticed that Black grime artists kinda do their own thing while literally every white one just tries to be Eminem?

>UK grime thread

Please, no.

why would you start the thread with that unless you wanted it to die early?

How much grime have you listened to? They all tend to sound the same. They all rap in some Jamaican accent.

can't forget the classics
youtube.com/watch?v=5dQkhKk5Kgk

>75806024
gay as fuck

I don't understand

how is this "wannabe eminem"?

They MC in English accents, that's how people from London sound.
Unless you're talking about guys like Killa P and Riko Dan who MC in Jamaican patois.
Or unless you're talking about guys like J Hus and Mostack who aren't grime at all but are often unfairly lumped in and tend to sing-rap with African accents.

you seem to know your stuff...
what are you top grime releases ever?

uk drill is gay as fuck. you alll want to be american so bad lol

We really, really don't.

oi ill bash yer 'ed in you mong

I don't know why this stuff is pretty popular in Russia

youtube.com/watch?v=L7lTHOMmnnM
This sounds nothing like American drill.

In terms of albums gotta be Dizzee - Boy in da Corner, Wiley - Treddin on Thin Ice, Wiley - Playtime Is Over, Kano - Home Sweet Home, Ghetto - Ghetto Gospel.

But in terms of newer more accessible stuff I really like Wiley - Godfather, Jme - Integrity, Manga Saint Hilare - Outbursts From The Outskirts, pretty much every AJ Tracey release, Big Zuu - Big Zuu, and there's probably loads of others I've missed.

Radio sets are sick as well. There's loads of old school classic ones but the quality is a bit shit. You can't go wrong with this newer one.
youtube.com/watch?v=TYTaPxAuNlU

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxxxymiron

yeah it does the snare roll is hella reminiscent of a dj L beat and the whole gang talk is derivative as shit of chicago drill.. it took them years to come up with something thats not a complete rip off of original drill waow

youtube.com/watch?v=2vbs6yZTGmc
the state of uk rap

1) this is obviously satire
2) you won't really appreciate it if you're not familiar with fire in the booth and uk grime artists

Wait do Americans think Big Shaq is serious?
He's literally a character played by an actor.

Claire Boucher lives just up the road and is smoking fags

Not grime but Dave is gonna be huge. He's only 19.
youtube.com/watch?v=4ff6CjYBhoI

I am russian and i obviously know who this is Im just sayign its weird that they listen to a lot of uk stuff here oxxxy has a different style

>you alll want to be american so bad lol
literally no one else wants to be placed under the oompa-loompa dictator's command, the uk suits us just perf

one of my fav tracks of the year youtube.com/watch?v=hh2XvQS3Kgs
Poczy is fast becoming a local legend also, I went
to school with him

Shame he doesn't fully do grime anymore (although he's defo still very grime influenced and still supports his crew/the scene) but AJ Tracey is probably gonna be the biggest UK rapper of this generation in the next couple years.
He's got the talent, image and appeal to make the mainstream overseas crossover.
He looks more and more like a star each year.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bZuFYcQ-wQ

Bassline with MCs is >>>>>

The people in russia look like people in England did 20 years ago except with more poverty

SKRRRRRRRRRRRRRA

youtube.com/watch?v=DyMY2jbeLEI