It's literally written in the stars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O7P6uYechDo
youtube.com/watch?v=MjDGSTmox6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

200lbs of pure talent

You're right, OP. We aint even defending that fat piece of shit. Go ahead.

did you know after copa america in the US, he didn't take the bus with the team and he also didnt return to argentina

woah

t. assblasted boca fan
higuain is the best striker we have since caniggia, eat shit negro
youtube.com/watch?v=O7P6uYechDo

that big faggot costs us 3 international titles.

t. assblasted riber fan

you are trying to defend a man that lost you trophies, you will be 50 years old by the time you see your team in another final. let that sink in.

>who is "missing"
im sick of seeing people deflecting the manlet's fault on higuain, messi is the only reason we havent won shit
fuck that catalonian cunt

Say what now

if you dislike messi you dislike football

go back to Sup Forums or/and kill yourself

you forgot to post a smug anime girl

Will Sup Forums finally rate Pipita if he scores and wins the CL final?

No, because someone has to take the blame for all of Messi's international failures

no.
probably italians will, but argentinians no. he'll still be a fat cunt here.

>reaching a final
>failure
This is one meme I will never understand

+99% players retire without even being close to play a WC final, how is Messi's international career a "failure"?

People in this website keep projecting the failure in their lives over one of the most successful people on Earth, this is pathetic and unhealthy

>if you dislike messi you dislike football

did you start watching football in 2010? i cant simply believe what im reading, i am such a fool for letting you trolling me to begin with, but if youre serious.. its just sad, its like your football knowledge is based on fifa and pes games

>hating on the objective best player in football history
You are just an attention whore screaming for (You)s

Do you unironically believe you know more about football than pretty much all football playes, managers and journalists? Because they all say Messi is the GOAT

I'm not saying he isn't one of the best to ever played the sport on club level, just pointing out he failed to deliver what Maradona did and fans (not just Argentinians) are hesitant to admit that, so there HAS to be some external influence to have stopped him.
Kudos to Argentinians who aren't like that

>he failed to deliver what Maradona did and fans
That's just a subjective aspect, which I also disagree

Messi is a rolemodel and Maradona a bad mouth (former) drug addict

you can tell he's nervous as fuck. shouldve totally gotten control of the ball with his head or chest, guard with his body, then he'd have a perfect position to score

if you are nervous as fuck in a final you shouldn't be in the national selection amirite?

Where's your anime pic, Halal weeb-kun?
>defending Memeguain and all those chances he wasted in 3 finals

>subjective
How? Maradona - WC, stepped up when it mattered. Messi - no WC, got past Belgium thanks to Higuain and did very little after that.
>Messi is a rolemode
Well that's admirable and all, but we aren't 6 year olds anymore. I prefer Maradona exactly because of his hedonistic degeneracy and ruining what was by far the best footballing talent in history. It's like a tragic movie

He ain't defending Higuaín but blaming only Messi for losing the final

He is still the anime autist, probably

Maradona was lucky he had Burruchaga and Valdano up front

If you (re)watch the semis and final Maradona was pretty much invisible

Not saying Maradona wasn't one of the best players ever, just saying you can't rate a player only based on a 7-games-tournament with teammates you barely share 3 or 4 games per year with

Maradona had better teammates like Burrachaga and Valdano. And Argentina mid 2010s isnt as stacked as you think.
>Romero
>Biglia
>Demischelis
>Garay
>Palacio
>Zabaleta
>Rojo
>Lavezzi
>this was literally Argentina's starting lineup of players for a world cup final
You think this is a world class set of players?

>caring about players, managers and journalists opinions

>not having a proper own thought on somebody like an ordinary human being

sad
im wasting valueable time by replying to you, youre just a puppet, a zombie manipulated by the media
go develop your owns thoughts as most babies do and then start posting again

>amerishart posting more excuses for messi shitshow
I hope you're getting paid for this somehow

You also say the sky is red just because you want to form your own opinion and don't believe what people say about it being blue? Grow up kiddo, you ain't special

If you want to be special try to excell at something, not "pretend" to be retarded

til this day, only Demichelis, Garay, Palacio and Zabaleta are out. All the others are still here.

@75809417
Says the subhuman halal gypsy scum im almost every thread involving Messi or Halal. Not even gonna give you a (you). You're pathetic m8

See? This is what I'm talking about - external influences, always someone else but not Messi himself. You can repeat the same old tired excuses all you want, the fact is Maradona delivered. Luck, cheating, steroids, team mates helping out, in the end Maradona contributed with wonder goal vs England and pass in final. Messi missed 1 on 1 vs Neuer. Not even bringing up Copa Memerica

Argentina has been a dysfunctional mess of a team for the past few years already. It's not an excuse it's facts. If more Argentine players like Aguero, Di Maria and Higuain stepped up and delivered in big moments like Messi has, then maybe I could be harsher on Messi but that hasnt been the case at all. Messi cant be the focal point of the midfield for Argentina and deliver many goals at the same time without getting help. Its a team sport, not heroball

Just give the cup to halal already.

>delivered in big moments like Messi has
He has? What you're basically asking is that the team mates should have decided the crucial matches for him after he was done raping Bosnia and Kongo in group stages. They could have, of course. But what kind of GOAT is he then

>Messi missed 1 on 1 vs Neuer
lolno, it wasn't an 1 on 1

You also talkin like Maradona scored the goal in the final

You are saying Maradona is better than Messi just because Burruchaga and Valdano scored while Higuaín and Palacio missed easy 1 on 1s

You aren't worth my time, you just "argue" by checking the results and stats. I bet you don't even watch football

Are you the Pogba autist too? Why do you even come to Sup Forums? You don't like sports

>b-but heroball
You're retarded. You think Maradona went around bailing Argentina like his game against England? You are literally romanticizing him and his career to the point that if Messi cant do the same performances consistently (which Maradona never has) then he isnt good enough. That isnt realistic

who the fuck is wanting to be special? i swear im not memeing, im giving you facts nigger, you are the bigot faggot who dont want to open your eyes
pechi without barcelona is an average player, deal with it
almost forget it, before talking shit and pretend beong smart go kick some football, because i bet you havent touched one in your lifetime you fat fuck

look at this fat spic and laugh

You're a gypsy. You live in a shithole where town rapists are an actual thing.

>You are saying Maradona is better than Messi just because Burruchaga and Valdano scored while Higuaín and Palacio missed easy 1 on 1s

of course, people only look at the ending picture where the player holds the trophy
Ronaldo is better than messi because he is holding the Euro cup at the end of the day. He didnt do anything to get it, but he still has it.
No one remembers how the trophy is won, it's just important to have it. Imagine we live in a world where no one thinks to give Ramos or Benzema a prize, or Marcelo, or Di Maria. The prize goes to Ronaldo, the glory goes to Ronaldo. Not because he scored, not because he did anything, but because he is posing for his instagram. That's the world we live in.

messi is the best player in the world and if you disagree you are doopin mental

>You also talkin like Maradona scored the goal in the final
No need to put words in my mouth, I clearly stated a "pass" in the post you're replying to. You're just moving around in circles with the excuses, yeah strikers could have converted their chances but Messi also could have decided on his own like Maradona did against England. Instead, Messi needed Higuain to eliminate Belgium.
>You aren't worth my time
>you don't even watch football
>Are you the Pogba autist
>Why do you even come to Sup Forums
>You don't like sports
Ad hominems in general are poor posting form, but 5 in a row indicate someone is getting mad...

>town rapists
Was that Romania? Or was that some slav country? I lost the screencap for that post

moldova

>muh consistency
Who cares about Latino qualifiers and Getafe league fixtures? Maradona did it when it mattered (as stated at the beginning of this whole conversation) and became a romanticized hero exactly because of that.

Moldova. Still in eastern europe so same shit

You know he was joking/using a proxy, right? That's a joke from Borat about gypsies

That was peak Neuer.
Strikers were afraid to even look at him from the halfway line back then.

>mad cause he cant legally rape
kek

Judging players by international standards is ridiculous. Where your born shouldn't dictate what you can achieve. The players you're forced to play with shouldn't dictate it either. There's far too much romanticism placed on past World Cups. Of course there's tremendous glory in winning them, but they're still just flukey cup competitions all the same - a random handful of games in one summer. Let's not forget that Maradona's finest moment, the '86 tournament, involved one of the most infamous moments of cheating the sport has seen. I'm not even English but I think not enough is made of that. For most that rate Maradona as the GOAT, their feelings hinge on that tournament, and yet he cheated. In a pivotal match he opened the scoring with a deliberate act of cheating. Who knows what would have happened had that been disallowed. It's fine margins and unfairness like that make defining someone's legacy through tournaments to be somewhat worthless.

it was only peak Neuer because Higuain made it so. No one rates keepers after they lose. Do you hear about anyone talking about Neuer now? No, because Buffon is winning. The same if Higuain scores that goal, Neuer never gets the trophy, and fades into being a meme sweeper keeper again. Media only likes winners, if they cared about real keepers we'd hear about Oblak daily. but we don't.

>who cares about Latino qualifiers
Argentina should. They're seriously and unironically about to not go to Russia. Also, didn't Rolando won a Ball on Door because Portugal qualified to Brazil?

I agree with you. Whole point of this thread is that Higuain is mocked solely because of his misses for NT, that's how we got to Messi's choking in the first place.
I couldn't care less how many chances missed for Argentina, and I don't see why anyone besides their citizens should either. Juve certainly didn't mind when they paid 90 million and I doubt they regret the transfer now

>implying international trophies matter now

the last real one was 2006, before mercenaries and immigrants started plaguing national teams. The last year that mattered, before money poured in from oil shekels left and right, making the champions league the most rigorous and sought after trophy in existence. If you win the champions league you are winning against the best. If you win a world cup now you are beating costa rica, algeria, and drawing against a top 10 team, and then lucking your way into a win in the finals in extra time. international sport is a joke and we all know it. No one looks forward to the break, club football is the future now and always.

I would add that 2006 was the last year where the World Cup had better football than that year's Champions League.

Come on, everyone knows Argentina are going to WC. It's just a formality

you are speaking too soon m8.
type this after higuain chokes the final, I hope all north italy starts to hate the fat fuck as well so he can retire in normandy and fuck off for good

>any "summer meme tournament" that messi hasnt won is worthless

absolutely

Higuain's goals gave Juve the title (cucked both AS Reddit and Napoli, the only contenders). Higuain's goal gave Juve the cup (cucked Napoli again). Higuain's goals in first leg against Monaco gave them CL Final (regardless of tonight's result, could have been different without Higuain's brace in Monaco).
That's all you can ask of your striker and some more. There isn't anyone who guarantees you a CL Final, for any priceb

I think Higuain is getting mocked because he's now missed chances in 3 major international tournaments and his record at CL is really quite shit. Everyone is already confident that he'll do the same in the CL final. Having this conversation now is a little redundant without the game having been played yet. But if he egregiously fucks up again in the final, you'll forgive people from recognising a pattern and drawing the conclusion that he's a perennial choker. We'll have to wait and see.

*who guarantees you a CL Final goal

>he's now missed chances in 3 major international tournaments
And we had to bring up Messi's failures in the same matches to come to conclusion NT performances mean fuck all.
>is record at CL is really quite shit
When was the majority of those matches played? More than half a decade ago. For Juve so far his CL record is decend, and I'll take two against Monaco to 4 against Dinamo Zagreb any day.
>We'll have to wait and see
Amen. It's just strange that he'll need to decide the final all by himself to prove something, while Messi would get his dicked sucked for a pretty dribble and chance created.

Neuer was called the best goalkeeper of all time even before he won the treble in 2013.

That's not what I said at all. I think all tournament wins should be treated with caution unless a side is repeatedly winning tournaments, as Spain did for example. Club sides repeatedly winning tournaments should also be taken not off, but the best barometer for a great club side is one that can win the CL AND their domestic league.

Ronaldo's triumph at the Euros is a perfect example of narrative taking precedence over reality. That tournament was astoundingly shit and the cancerous new format was the only reason Portugal won it. They finished 3rd in their group, failed to beat any of the teams in the group, had a glorious semifinal against fucking Wales. Ronaldo played 10 minutes of the final and then watched as Eder won the tournament for Portugal. It was Eder that stepped up at the right moment, but the next day it was the poster boy of Portuguese football all over the newspapers - despite having a fairly average tournament and not playing the final. Just as, if Higuian had scored one of his final chances, it'd be Messi getting all the coverage. It's disingenuous.

By who? His mom?

People who had seen Lehmann, Kahn, Maier, Schumacher, Köpke, ...

>And we had to bring up Messi's failures in the same matches to come to conclusion NT performances mean fuck all.

I'm talking about clear chances across 3 major finals that he's fucked up. Not really comparable to Messi in terms of chances, who maybe had 1 good chance, versus Neuer, across those 3 finals. He basically plays midfield for Argentina - or is forced to because Argentinian coaches don't like to play with midfields for some reason. Higuain, as I think you've said, is a poacher. It's his job to score goals. His failings in finishing haven't been a one-off, is what I'm getting at. It's his job in the team to finish those chances. But again, the final hasn't been played yet so this is all a bit arbitrary.

Good post.

>maradona is the goat because he won a world cup

okay? he didnt score in the final, his most memorable game ever involved him cheating, and in the 1990 world cup he missed his penalty and was last seen crying. How is he a goat? he only has 2-3 titles with napoli as well, who paid a world record fee to get him.

based serbian
your post is as good as the serbian film movie

If you ever see his goal record from 1989 UEFA Cup. Only scored by fucking PKs.

If wasn't Francini and specially Careca and Carnevale...

Napoli were shit

I always thought Brazil 14 would be a lot bigger Brazil Meme run if their hated rivals Argies actually won the cup.

Looks like Higuain is a filanthrope.

When you play for your country is not because of money, or a paycheck, but pride. You are representing your own people and you have your national flag, the most important civic artifact on your body.

The very best of the best. When your are the 9 of your NT, yeah, at least in this moment you are the BEST striker of your country. Let that sink in. The best.

The world cup is not a "summer cup". Is the Olympus of the sport. You have trophies, CL' s, but this is it. The last possible step.

Is a short tournament? Yes. It decides everthing? Yes. Just as a CL final decides the champion. "A SINGLE match deciding an entire season? Damn, that's crazy". No. You can play a perfect tournament but if you play ONE bad match you can lose. The entire tornament is just a qualifier for this match.

So this "short " tournament is just the end of 4 years of NT's working their asses off just to be there.

And all of that, every step is just to have the privilege of being in the WC final. A match only a handful players had played.

One match. The most important one. You lose, at least you get respect for reachingthat far.

You win it? There. You are a God.

Gotze played and scored the winning goal in a World Cup final. Is he a god?

>Hummels

what a fucking hack

International football is complete garbage though, there is no time to train, to prepare, and it's all down to getting lucky with injuries and form.

People value it because they are told to value it, because liking the world is the right thing to do.

he is in his true form now

nobody can stop the chubster

>le Napoli with mafia money and literally broke the world record transfer fee to get Maradona plus good players is bad.

>nobody can stop the chubster
his knees will stop him soon, just like Fatnaldo at milan

>you can be in that shape and still be considered elite in Italy

How do we save Serie A?

I have an idea

Too sad they are irrelevant compared to the actual GOAT Buffon.

by keeping epl pundits away from it

except Gotze

Maradona invisible in the semi? Are you joking? He had one of the best individual performances in WC history. He scored both goals in a 2-0 win, look at the 2nd goal. You don't know what you're talking about lo

>people are so delusional that instead of cheering for someone they hope that someone chockes and loses

Remember Slimguain?

youtube.com/watch?v=MjDGSTmox6c

Well africans are used to being skinny and hungry so they just aren't used to it

oh wow I thought it was a myth

What did he do wrong in this situation?