Bob Ross marathon back on! 1st Anniversary

Twitch is running the Bob Ross Marathon of all 300+ episodes again. It's the anniversary of October 29th, when the last marathon began!

Relive the magic, the madness, the whole story!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZrQQg7Lioo
strawpoll.me/11532253
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAzYEM1pxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reddit: the painter

what about the Sup Forums megathreads that ran continuously all through the marathon, like we're in /vg/ or Sup Forums in its height

Greetings from Germany

Cross posters (and confirmed by the archive)
I observed 3 of those threads and there were only maybe 4-6 people using and speaking in Sup Forums language.

>muh board sanctity

I was pretending, but you've just confirmed it.

Thanks

who /titaniumhwite/ here?

Titanium white and Van Dyke brown are god-tier colors.

>it's been an entire year since the last marathon
>it feels like it was last month
>I'm still waiting on the good times

Those threads brought in a fuck load of cancerous faggots from reddit and Sup Forums.

>not prussian blue

Happy painting and God bless.

Do we have the rest of the colors?

kill yourself memeing retard

I remember last year's Sup Forums threads, there was 150+ continuously full threads, good times.

I look forward to a week of happy little posting with you all.

remember this fella?

That's the only one I have left, used to have all of them.

Yes ;_;

REQUIRED Sup Forums KINO VIEWING FOR THE BOB ROSS THREAD

youtube.com/watch?v=UZrQQg7Lioo

How are you all doing this year? Anyone take up Bob's method or went to a workshop to paint?

strawpoll.me/11532253
strawpoll.me/11532253
strawpoll.me/11532253
strawpoll.me/11532253

>tfw can't decide between van dyke brown or phthalo blue

>Those Van Dyke Brown votes

MUDMIXERS GET OUT

that is one creepy picture

Haha time for rare Bob's

(Steve is still in hiding and didn't even appear in the documentary dedicated to his dad)

Season 1 is meh due to the budget camera and the background noise.

The piano music is comfy though, you could always just watch the Bob Ross documentary posted some posts up.

I was thinking that Will Ferrill would make a good Bob Ross if they ever do a biopic.

Couldn't think of anything more fucking boring to watch than watching somebody doing nothing but painting something mundane, a series that has no worth except to people interested in painting and is totally obsolete in the internet age.

>this music

>Will Ferrell
NO

FUCK NO

Happy painting and Bob bless

Seems like your meming as opposed to actually giving a reason to watch something almost as boring as watching paint dry, which is literally what you're doing at times.

@75809513
Not even worthy of a you and yes I am in fact memeing on you.

>t. teenage girl

>we will never have cozy Bob threads back

If you're trying to get some angry (You)s then you've come to the wrong thread, friend.

Neither of those are arguments. I remember watching this show as a kid, and while it served its purpose, there's no point in watching it today, not even "ironically" because it's incredibly dull, as one would expect.

Why don't you actually try doing something aside from shitposting and even suggest why someone would watch a marathon of this.

You can give a condescending non-answer because you think it's beneath you, but it seems very likely you won't give an argument for watching this because you can't.

>Why don't you actually try doing something aside from shitposting
Practice what you preach, friend. Accept that other people have different tastes in television than you do.

who /peapod/ here?

reporting

>it's been a year already

fucking hell time flies desu

No one has to justify shit to you, m8. If you can't see the """""""""""""""""""value""""""""""""""""""" in it, that's your own problem.

Bob sure loved his critters.

Even when he fell sick he still went out of his way to go and feed the ducks in a pond behind his apartment

>It's the anniversary of October 29th, when the last marathon began!

Ok this is really making me depressed. I had a really bad day today and thinking about how this has already been a year since that happened honestly is making me consider today is the day to finally take my own life and end my suffering.

I can't believe its been a year already...

DEVIL GET YE GONE!

>ywn eat from Bob's pocket.

I just wanted to hear what people saw in this. I didn't even think people actually watched this but just memed about it. I am genuinely interested in why anybody out of the 1990s who wanted to learn how to paint, (which is a completely legitimate reason), would watch this.

Can you at least suggest what the value you might be? I get he's a "meme" and he has a cult following, but once you actually watch the show and find out it's really him just painting some scenery, I don't understand why people would watch it. I suspect nobody actually does watch it and they're just cirlejerking.

This is one of my favorite times of the years boys. At first I wasn't a fan of them adding classical music to it, I thought it was kind of ruining the simplicity. But now I really enjoy it, it takes the comfy level even higher.

Who will play him in the inevitable Korean hamburger hill biopic?

We did watch it last year and enjoyed it a lot. Of course it was never the best art you could see, but he was a likeable guy who made you feel good. And a meme, I won't deny that. It was just a nice and cozy distraction from all the rest of the shit on this board.

I haven't actually painted anything in my life. I've only ever used Microsoft paint to make memes or a pencil to draw stuff. It is absolutely incredible to me how Bob starts with a white canvas and over the course of 15 minutes turns it into a beautiful landscape. I also love Bob's voice, his mannerisms, and the general relaxed atmosphere of the show.

Is that enough for you?

just kys faggot.

I like having it on in the background

Bob is comfy, if you pop in every few minutes and see how it's developed

modern artist detected

All good answers and much better than what I got before.

PHTHALO GREEN FOR LIFE, BITCHES

>it's a mountain episode

>it's a Bob starts painting building and fucks up and tries to cover it with more buildings episode

Man, that was one hell of a wild ride

>you now remember that episode when a guest comes in an paints a native indian's face, but it ends up looking like an aborted fetus.

NOOOOOOOO

BOB IS PURE

BOB IS NOT FOR SEXUAL

I was waiting for someone to post this

dont destroy bobs pure message

You know they've had the channel on 24/7 running this show on loop since they opened last year? Literally no difference in this 'marathon' to any previous months.

They've shown a few episodes every monday night, but it hasn't been on 24/7.

No it hasn't been on 24/7, I know because I kept checking since I wanted to watch some comfy painting.

It's his birthday. shut the fuck up and show some damn respect.

>You know they've had the channel on 24/7 running this show on loop since they opened last year?

No, they didn't only on Fridays and Mondays they stream one whole seasons that's it. Now we're having a comfy stream of EVERY Bob Ross season.

Maybe they've slowed down recently, but I remember it being on literally every time I checked twitch.

>it's been a year already

Fucking hell.

Seems not too long ago, I've got my Bob Ross folder from last year.

I also think there's a Simpsons marathon of every episode + the movie later in November, should be pretty comfy (for the first 10 seasons).

Nope, always been a weekly scheduled stream. Now it's all seasons back to back with surprises in between.

>tfw bob marathon

>mfw

>yfw the music

YOU'RE GONNA GET COMFY

It'll stop at season 2, which starts in 2 episodes.

/prussianblue/ represent!

Bob Ross is comfykino.

I never understood the appeal of the Bob Ross meme

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAzYEM1pxo

He's a legend of our time

Who /magicwhite/ here?

Is that the name of the base coat? I thought he only used titanium hwite.

he appeals to sensitive college aged people who can't deal with stress and need to be "comfy" because they have self diagnosed anxiety, it's the same type of people who use "adult coloring books"

one marathon i understand. a second is pure autism.

If you bothered to read the thread you would see that some other user already said this and got schooled. Go read up if you want the reasons for us watching it.

Talking about yourself?

>tfw no pocket squirrel

alizarin crimson represent!

STEVE