This movie was fucked. more morbid than i was expecting

this movie was fucked. more morbid than i was expecting

the dog

So he left her there in the end, right?

Yeah because he's selfish and likes being alone. No sacrifices involved

1st half of the movie is great, second after they leave the compound it's terrible. It had so much potential

The bit with his brother getting kicked still haunts me. I can handle almost any level of violence against humans - even real shit in rekt threads - but the slightest bit of fictional violence against dogs really fucks me up emotionally.

I think he did. He never managed to get past the "couples need something in common" aspect of the whole ordeal. You can hear what sounds like the cafe door opening and closing, accompanied by an expression change on Wiesz's face that suggests she heard him leave - since she definitely didn't hear him screaming in the restroom.

i think yeah. he was basically going to do what nosebleed man had done. but he made a point to ruin nosebleed man's relationship based on revealing the lie

I fundamentally disagree with the idea that the first half of the movie is better than the second. The kookiness of the first half, and all the silly little atmosphere building tidbits about this society are great, but they lack any real teeth. Compared to the second half, which contains the real meat of the director's themes about how society treats people based on their relationship status and, the nature of those relationships as well, the first half is very clearly the weaker of the two.

Not saying either parts of the movie aren't stellar, but the second half is easily the better of the two

He was upset that nosebleed guy got away with his deception Scott free, whereas he lost his brother for pretending.

It explores the themes better but still grinds the story to a hault, and takes the form of every other indie/hipster love story

>that scene where whatshername jumps from the window and lands on the ground
>just lays there screaming as he and that frigid bitch watches

This hit me just as hard as the dog scene, the wailing was just horrifying

Plot is tertiary to (1) characters and (2) themes. If the plot slows, but the characters and themes become explored more it's a very good thing.

You think anyone watches "8 1/2" for the plot?

dreadful movie
seriously awful
bored 100% of the time
terrible premise
worse execution

you sound like every amazon review of this movie

look at him, what a pleb

Alps > Dogtooth > The Lobster

All are fantastic though.

>that part where she begs him for anal sex
>won't stop with the biscuits

That was the most horrific part of the movie. Just a hard cut with no explosion so youre left to figure it out

Please user

i like how a lot of the plebs getting neither the overall point this movie makes nor the dry and dark humor and that it's a comedy

what do you mean?

>the part where the one lady is going to be turned into an animal the next day and her friend gives her a speech so she slaps her friend across the face and requests to watch Stand By Me during her last night as a human