This bands sucks so much

>this bands sucks so much
>went platinum every album except their debut
>went diamond on their fifth album

You hate them because its cool to, not because they're actually bad. They are one of the top modern artists.

You can't refute this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKAM3WfuI84
youtube.com/watch?v=E1VF6OPzX2g
youtube.com/watch?v=xqBNw4WSBQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eat shit a million flies can't be wrong.

Nickelback is garbage but this non-argument has never made sense
>dude humans are flies

>31% of americans eat cereal for breakfast, but they're all fucking wrong

literally your logic

People like eating shit. Nickelback is bland dadrock garbage that wont be remembered just because you miss being young.

>hum how you remind me, rockstar or photograph anywhere
>people will sing or hum along

sorry sweetie, nickelback is forever

Can't hate on the CHAD Chad

I suppose the jokes on me for taking the bait.

I.... a... apologize...

They're just fine in terms of sounding pleasant, which is all most people care about. Most people don't actually care about music as an art form.

Nickelback isn't bad because they sound bad. They know how t play their songs, they know how to appeal to as broad of an audience as possible. The problem is that their music is both uncreative and ingenuine. They're not making music as an art, they're just making something as inoffensive and generic as possible to maximize profit and popularity. Which is fine. If that's what they want to do I'm not gonna say they can't or shouldn't. It's kinda like playing in a cover band for parties and weddings and shit. You're not making a real artistic contribution, you're just using the skills you have to make a living.

I also can't help but cringe when people who listen to top 40 and shit trash Nickelback. It's an obvious sign they're just following a trend. There are genuine reasons why Nickelback isn't a good band, but if you listen to music that's literally just as bad for the exact same reasons that Nickelback is bad, that means you don't actually dislike Nickelback (aside from the standpoint of personal aesthetic taste of course; I'm sure there are people who don't like the sound of guitars and prefer synth for example, which is totally valid), You're just following the meme.

I've listened to a decent amount of their work since one almost has to as a requirement of being Canadian. They're really not THAT bad but the album Dark Horse is absolute dogshit. It's as if 12 year old with a boner wrote the lyrics after Google image searching "sex".

>It's as if 12 year old with a boner wrote the lyrics after Google image searching "sex"

I'm gonna use this when somebody asks me what I think about Nickelback. Thanks user

Or how about the fact that their lyrics are beyond juvenile, bravado facades, and have no more revelations about the world than aliens telling us a secret we already know. Coupled with generic melodies played on pseudo-distorted guitars, dated 70s ideologies plaguing their outputs, and abhorrently arrogant personas, they are just horrible. Any fans of this band are stupid.

"So what"? So what if people, (in this case millions over) enjoy music that you do not? So what if the music speaks to them and simply think it is not convoluted enough? Or, so what if you like a band, but millions of people say its garbage? Would you no longer listen to them?

Second, who died and made you the god of music? Why is your standard the only standard? Nickelback is one of the most popular bands in the world, so therefore, they have more haters per capita than some obscure band you might like, which, given the recognition, would probably have half priced books as there major retailer,. This goes for any so called "buttrock" band.

Third, music is not supposed to be an acquired taste. Your taste may change as you got older, but if you do or don't like something, that doesn't mean the opposite sucks. I don't like coffee, millions do, millions more don't. I think if you want energy, there are much better and healthier ways to get it. Would that justify me hating on coffee and coffee drinkers? No, only immature people would do that.

The reality is if most people on here posted their top five favorite bands, anyone could certainly say they are garbage. The sad fact is, that if Nickelback "When we stand together" or 3 doors down's "When your young" where written by one of your favorite bands, you would likely gobble it up. that's just how psychology works. (for those who have not seen me on other boards, I'm a psych student)

In the end, stop hating on each others bands because ultimately, the whole "this or that band is killing music" argument is a bunch of BS with no evidence to back it up. Never mind the fact that that has been said about many bands in the past (including Aerosmith, the Beatles, the eagles, the stones, and many others) so ultimately your opinion matters little.

If you really want to "better music", simply get the word out on your own band, instead of hating on others tastes because you think you are somehow the "god of music".

Clearly didn't even read my post but nice meme.

>not because they're actually bad
I don't like Nickleback because I really don't enjoy listening to their music

I don't know why but I'm 16 and I like nickleback,nirvana,the fray most of my generation like different music like stuff like Lil' wayne,Tyler the creator,chief keef, etc. Anyone feel the same?

No problem. I want ten cents every time you use it though.

>nickleback r bad

No one can seriously defend a band that wrote songs like this

youtube.com/watch?v=PKAM3WfuI84
youtube.com/watch?v=E1VF6OPzX2g
youtube.com/watch?v=xqBNw4WSBQU

they are wrong though, cereal is a meme

Nah dog I feel the same about shit like Foo Fighters, it's such generic rock that has absolutely no personality that it's hard to enjoy as anything other than background noise at a mall or something.

That's just because americans are fat, lazy and have no concept of nutrition.

pop music is like a bag of potato chips. you know its unhealthy and not exactly high quality, but sometimes a bag of chips just sounds good.

>all the bands i listen to have flawless back catalogs
>i'm not cherrypicking

Where do you think you are?