ITT: things plebs say

>it's catchy so that means it's good

>that's not real music you need to listen to (insert pop/rap shit here)
>that song is so old (the song is less than a decade old)

>tfw frequently describe music as catchy and like catchy music
Hello

>when will the bass drop?

>i don't listen to video game soundtracks

>what's wrong with listening to video game/anime music? It's better than all that crap that comes out today.

haha

>All classical music sounds the same.
>All metal music sounds the same.
>All guitar shredding sounds the same.
>That song is too long (only a 15 minute song).
>The vocals are too low (vocals are actually mixed properly and not mixed to be extremely loud in comparison to everything else).
>I don't listen to albums.
I hate normies.

hello there, buttblasted progrocker

my man
i don't listen to many but it's insane to invalidate music because it's used in vidya

>I watch fantano reviews

>tfw get annoyed by songs longer than 6 minutes
How do I cure my autism?

>metalfag also likes entry level classical music

>All metal music sounds the same
It does. The subgenres have less diversity than most non-metal bands have between each other.
>All guitar shredding sounds the same
Most of it is done on the major pentatonic scale, so yes.

stop being weeb

You listen to the album without checking the tracklist, was actually surprised recently to find a song on an album was seven minutes when I would've guessed like two minutes.

>How do I cure my autism?
Buy a rope.

What genres do you listen to? Are you a hippity hopper that only listens to 3 minutes of loops or something?

>the best Pink Floyd album is (anything after obscured by clouds)

>The subgenres have less diversity than most non-metal bands have between each other.
Power metal sounds nothing like death metal sounds nothing like black metal sounds nothing like doom metal.

>but there are no real instruments in this song!

>Pop music is a gen(d)er that has its right to not to be immediately exterminated as plauge.
>Just because I enjoy Beyonce does not mean you have to hold your breath and flee when I come closer.
>LOL user, MTV is not only about pop they have punk bands like Green Day, rock like Nickelback, even metal like As(s)king Alexandria.
>MTV Rocks does not really make me rip my ears off.
>Post-hardcore.
>I genuinly enjoy Neutral Pleb Hotel. Such sincere and beautiful music.
>Hip-hop is like the most experimental gener out there.
>-core.
>Sorry user, Swans/Bartok/*any real music master* just is not my cup of tea.)
>Every opinion has right to exist.)

>It does. The subgenres have less diversity than most non-metal bands have between each other.
Maybe if you only listen to the really well known bands.

>Most of it is done on the major pentatonic scale, so yes.
wat. This is not true at all.

i don't get what is funny here

is it because all the replies are the same thing?

You ever get bored of this?

>emo means emotional
>Art rock/pop/punk doesn't exist because all music is art
>All music is a rip-off of African American culture/music
>Pop means popular
>Existential/Philosophical music only belongs in the realm of prog. rock
>Kurt Cobain is a junkie hipster who deserved to kill himself
>Post-grunge is better than old Grunge
>Indie Rock is the most derivative form of rock

>being this new

I like to immediately know which track is which though, so that I can compare them afterwards. Still might try this
I only recently started listening to music so I'm pretty open to most stuff as long as I like the sound

What DOES emo and pop mean?

"Real Emo" only consists of the DC Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known as "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness).
Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music.
Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta.
Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral
EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE
NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE

When normies start listing emo bands and not a single one of them are emo bands.

>neutral pleb hotel
>*any real music master*
>every opinion has a right to exist

reactionimage

I believe emo is more location/era based category of bands who share a certain conceptual as well as musical traits while pop is the whole approach of subduing music to commercial success.

I cannot believe you had the audacity to send me copypasta

Pop music essentially relies on simplicity via melodies and song structure, such as taditionalist V-C-V style poetry and infectious rhythms. Subgenres like indie pop usually rely on pop music made with any instrumentation (creating pop music with virtually any instrument in disposal), and dream pop focuses on densely layered atmosphere with an aura-esque scope.

Emo... I'll send you a link later about it.

Please elaborate your point.

man after my own heart

98% of teens listen to crap put this in your siggy if your the 5% that still listens to REAL emk

The subgenres have diversity, but the bands within the subgenres have zero diversity.

That's not me, by the way. I was and , for your curiosity.

re-read what you wrote.

how much more underage can you look.

those 3 were just the best bits.

I know exactely what I wrote but I have no idea what did you read. So I ask you to explain that to me. I do not see anything "underage" in what I said (what does that word even mean?).

Just listen to Opeth to get your feet wet in "long" songs. They're able to compose 10min + songs that never lose momentum. I'd start with the songs harvest, burden, and drapery falls. Which would give you a good idea of their sound.
Also stop watching anime.

Thanks senpai, I'll give them a listen
>Also stop watching anime.
I haven't watched anime since half a year, got tired of it + le depression

the word suggests that you have juvenile opinions and equally juvenile tastes in music.
to categorise like you have done suggests an inexperience and a lack of knowledge due to your broad terms.

dw i was just shitposting and picking fun out of dumb ppl.

"catchiness" should be factored in as about 15-18% of one's assessment as to a piece of musique's quality

I know how the word underage is generally used (if I didn't I would have just used a dictionary). I do not see how my judgements are immature, like what do they lack (and reminder, there is a tiny bit of something called irony going on in my post).
My general point is that commercial-oriented approach to music kills the music from the begining. Isn't it like a locus communis today? Every time you try to "hook" your listener you do not play music. It is ridiculously obvious and annoying when musician does so. Only a "pleb" can buy Neutral Milk Hotel's "sincerity". When one teaches himself to appreciate classical music of any sort he always develops a strong avversive reaction towards that sort of dirty tricks. Am I wrong?

>writing a catchy song is easy, anybody could do it

>when is there no signing?
>I don't listen to rap and country

>>Every opinion has right to exist.)
sorry man, they do

>favorite genre: experimental

Are you mentally challenged?

Venom sounds nothing like mayhem sounds nothing like lithurgy.

Pentagram sounds nothing like bell witch sounds nothing like bongripper

>ITT: things plebs say

listen to gy!be

yes. you are mistaken. and also waffling a bit - i hope you re-read your assignments when you hand them in.

nmh (more specifically in the aeroplane over the sea) didn't garner any attention for nearly 10 years. so there was no crying for attention there on their homemade record label to like 50 fans.
was nearly lost to obscurity.
then the internet happened.

why does 'one' (lel) need to learn to appreciate classical music
what is there to learn?
shit son put on your 3d glasses with the lenses popped out and listen to it in public to seem not dum.
however, most of what is more popular these days has been around for hundreds of yeas.......... u no?

but u do no.

Writing hooks is actually a talent though. There are plenty of bands and musicians who fall flat on their face in that department.

I consider NMH and "indie rock" in general a weird derivate of pop-culture which I can't describe yet, so let's put that away. Overall, they try to _sound_ like pop music they grew listening to, which is impossible, for it is wholly imitative and symbolic medium. They use their artistic skills to imitate something inexistant or rather something inconsistent as if it was not that way. Music builds around some organizing principle (for example, sublimity in cascadian black), which is percieved as music's ethos, its_tone_. That principle can grow from the sound of music itself or be forcedly brought from others fields (for example, market economy rules). Indie rock acts as if external principle is actually an internal and that fail badly as a result.
Your hearing must be fast and attentive enough to be able to follow every note that is played, including polyphony and other tricky musical situations. Here's a self-control question for you: can you follow for example Momente of Stockhausen (just a well known example of music with a lot of things happening) entirly and always following his thought? Or follow the jazzman in his improvisation understanding what he's doing. This is something that's really impossible without a proper ammount of training.
Public opinion would quiestin the necessity of art in the first place let alone wasting precious time trying to understand that, so I would not recommend to consult it in this type of questions ever.
>what is more popular these days has been around for hundreds of yeas
=)

I think he meant minor but he was obviously talking out his ass.

>i don't exclusively listen to soundbites of early-20th century phonograph cylinders on wikipedia