This guy blocks your path and calls your favorite music journo site a "clever trendy way to sell ads to naive kids"

This guy blocks your path and calls your favorite music journo site a "clever trendy way to sell ads to naive kids"

What do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/4jc7k8/hi_im_chris_ott_ama/
youtube.com/watch?v=Is9pVxPE9ZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't read the opinoins of others and take them seriously, nor do i listen to things based purely on one person's opinion.

step aside, sir, i am just nipping to the post office.

go super saiyan as well

start blasting the disintegration loops on my boombox and moonwalk away

get out my way,

Agree with him and delete the bookmark immediately.

Drink a bottle of Heineken.

i tell him that i don't really consume media that doesn't meet a certain level of professionalism and journalistic integrity, and that if there's a music site exists that meets that criteria I haven't found it yet. Also your music is boring

tell him hes my favorite music journo

style his eyebrows and flare out his sideburns.

werewolve ass

these

he makes music?

>Honestly Grimes is the most overrated, over-reported musical act of this decade. I love a few of her songs and she is clearly Rated just right as a fashion model and youth celebrity, but as a musician, she doesn't deserve the place she's in. There's not enough to warrant it on a musical basis, it's all "X Factor." And that's fine, but I would rather see music media focus on music and she can be a YouTube star like Rosanna Pansino. There's plenty of room to talk about her fabulous clothing and visual aesthetic. I don't know if I could talk about her music for five minutes.
Based.

GET OUT OF MY WAYYYYYY
(WAYYYY)
(WAYYYY)

Chris Ott spitting that truth

tru

>when you post more about music journalism than music

Just look at him likr "okay'' and keep walking. As if I would even remotely care what he thinks.

Kek

this is good where did he say this

reddit ama

Tell him to take back what he said about Unwound and then ask him to make more videos

reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/4jc7k8/hi_im_chris_ott_ama/

Did he answer any hair related questions?

>I hate Swans. I always have. That guy is a complete fucking waste. Just a total fucking waste of life as an opportunity to accomplish anything.

>GG Allin had the balls to actually play with his own shit; Gira subjected his audience to the aural equivalent.
Savage.

>People are telling you about the fucking Flaming Lips? About The Soft Bulletin? Get the fuck out of here, spend your time on something a hundred times more emotionally honest and musically inventive.

>I have never liked anything that guy did back to Red House Painters, who I thought were a 4AD album cover with nothing inside.

>I have no sympathy for him, and none of his social miscues can be cast as "refreshingly un-PC" or "sticking it to wusses." He's just an absolute bore and I've never understood how anyone could like any of his music. I think I liked his cover of a Modest Mouse song at one point, and I hate Modest Mouse, so that was strange. But yeah, just a complete nothing to me. A pretty voice, nowhere to point it.
Mark BTFO.

tell him to please post more youtube vids

I don't like any musical journo site though.

B A S E D

I need more savage Ott opinions

>Any thoughts on Public Image Ltd.?

>Massively over-celebrated in my lifetime. I enjoy the first record and "Four Enclosed Walls," Metal Box is ... fine, I don't know if I need all 8 minutes of "Poptones." It's just the thing of when you have this captive audience that only knows the first thing you do, and then you introduce them to all these other musical ideas and bands you like by imitating them, you know Can all that stuff. It works and it's its own thing but you compare it to what they were actually trying to accomplish, and it's pretty mediocre. If that makes any sense. It's one of those bands people love to say they "get" and I'm dubious of any band who has that whiff of snooty artifice to it, whether it's technical or conceptual. Like Faust or Harmonia or that crap.

This terrorizes the tourist

Chris Ott is literally right about everything

this

>what is your overall take on mark koz/rhp/sun kil moon - the music and the antics?

>I have never liked anything that guy did back to Red House Painters, who I thought were a 4AD album cover with nothing inside. I have no sympathy for him, and none of his social miscues can be cast as "refreshingly un-PC" or "sticking it to wusses." He's just an absolute bore and I've never understood how anyone could like any of his music. I think I liked his cover of a Modest Mouse song at one point, and I hate Modest Mouse, so that was strange. But yeah, just a complete nothing to me. A pretty voice, nowhere to point it.

BTFO

well he did call Grimes' visual aesthetic "fabulous" instead of "vomit-inducing" so he's wrong about that

>Why are you doing an AMA here when Sup Forums is where your real audience lives?

>I have no idea. It was suggested as the best home for it. I think the perception was that /mu would be 6000 LELTHONY KEKTANO threads and zoomed pictures of my facial hair.

holy fuck

well let's indulge him then

>What did you think of Pablo?

>It's really shaky, lacks conviction. Yeezus is untouchable, he'll never get close to that again.
/ourguy/

>Just ignore the noise and definitely filter anyone out of your life who uses music in a competitive way. If anyone asks you if you've heard of a band or heard a record, I mean, just delete that person from your life. When people ask me that, I invariably say no, whatever the case may be. And if they start to recommend it to me, I tell them it doesn't really sound like my kind of thing. Their discomfort and disappointment in not being able to use music in a way they should not be using it is a wonderful feeling.

savage

>How do you feel about the name change of Viet Cong to Preoccupations ?
>Mortifying. Like they don't even realize how it completely Bieberized them in terms of their rep.

>Who actually gives a shit
>Nobody. But their career is definitely over and it had some promise in a kind of edgy goth Strokes way up until they did this.

>They might have even had some really earnest conversation with Vietnamese "war children" (not a particularly PC term but it's a historic fact that a lot of children displaced by the war were adopted by well-meaning Westerners with resources to raise them safely) but the historical use and meaning of the term is flatly NOT A BIG DEAL. It's a fucking contraction ultimately and whatever linguistic or representational umbrage the actors in this war felt about it does not at all correlate with a fucking indie band 1500 people have ever listened to for more than five minutes. It is beyond all reason to suggest this band's name was at par with calling a Japanese person a Jap or a Chinese person a Chink. It was a shortname for a political party.

agree with him and ask what it was like working with patrick stewart

Of course, Sup Forums and its herd mentality has to suck the dick of the guy with the most contrarian opinion. You guys are sad sad beings.

Also I would love to see this guy directly saying "clever trendy way to sell ads to naive kids" to scaruffi about his site and then the two having argument over it.

that's some advanced hipster-jitsu levels of passive aggression mastery right there.

If anything you said was right we'd all be sucking Christgau's dick instead of ridiculing his opinions all the time.

it's like a year old, senpai.

>should we care about musicians' political beliefs?

>No, and they should not advertise them. "Get your politics out of my music" was a pretty loud rallying cry at one point. I literally do not care what you think, I care what you bring to a medium that's historically brought me joy.
>And it should be noted that most of the people who end up playing music are not exactly top-tier scholars. The pretensions of post-punk acts like Gang of Four and the Pop Group were always hilarious to me, then I got to a place in around 2002-2003 where all these people were talking about them like they were Hard Art and I was just like...it doesn't take a genius to come up with a slogan.

Contrarian, AKA anyone who disagrees with me ever. Imagine being so egocentric that this is what goes through your head when you see something you don't agree with.

>The pretensions of post-punk acts like Gang of Four and the Pop Group were always hilarious to me, then I got to a place in around 2002-2003 where all these people were talking about them like they were Hard Art and I was just like...it doesn't take a genius to come up with a slogan.
Pseuds btfo.

lord, he's more pretentious than the things he is trying to deride.

its like lester bangs never died but found a time machine

not really

anyone with that hair does not deserve to have a respected opinion

hey fantano

can I hate both?

Complement his hair

Remember, SOME OF THEM WERE LISTENING TO WHAM!

I wish he was more active. I miss the podcast.

this should honestly be the grimes version of the scaruffi/beatles copypasta.

ART CON JACKASS

>someone wants to discuss music you've never heard of
>having someone bring up music you don't know about makes your hipster ass hurt so much you try to transfer the searing pain in you burning anus onto someone more knowledgeable than you with some basic bitch mind games
kek how emotional. dude sounds like a woman and not a very bright one at that

all his videos have been reuploaded by some guy at least youtube.com/watch?v=Is9pVxPE9ZQ

This disturbs the Sup Forums-male youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI&

Whats next for this guys career

i don't think he does journalism anymore

vaporwave confirmed superior to musique concrète

bump for Ott

b-but pitchfork isn't my favorite site

*blocks your path*

Why yer dinnae have Cutting Edge yet, /wowg/?

Tell him I'm gay and down for making out with him if he is down for making out with me.

poop in his mouth, marry him, walk around town as faggots who are married holding hands with Johnny Bravo hairstyles. Have gay sex with everyone in town. poop on each others foreheads at fancy modern art shows. point eachothers nipples directly at eachothers nipples, and point erect dicks directly at eachothers dicks and call it the trifecta of satan. start a band called Asian Woman. Sell tickets for 4,000 dollars a pop. All songs about gay sex and scatological particularly. suck off elephants live on stage drinking glasses of animal semen.

I only watched his videos and I thought he was okay. I read the AMA and this guy is insufferable. I dread meeting people like this in real life.

Does someone have a full transcript of his answers from the AMA?

Aaaaahahaha

How can ONE MAN be so right about so many things?

Although fuck him for taking lazy one-note smoke and mirrors shitgaze nonsense more seriously than glam metal. That's just wrong.

does anyone know if the Shallow Rewards twitter that came back online is still him, bc the tone is different than it used to be

it's run by a tranny from hipinion

chris is like james murphy if james murphy never got hit shit together

he's been losing his shit lately t b h.
dude is just old now.

>favorite music journo site
I don't go to music journo sites.

I tell him to stop paying attention to music journos and worry about things that matter

>calls Seven and the Ragged Tiger a shitshow

Imagine caring so much about pop music.
Does he prefer Mozart or Beethoven? He probably doesn't even know.

Beethoven makes better riffs

It's an unfunny "parody" that literally no one pays attention to even though whoever runs it puts a bunch of time into it

Couldn't say it any better

ask him why he keeps taking jerry seinfeld's food

>he's been losing his shit lately t b h.
where? his only channel on the internet seems to be tinyletter, and even that one's pretty dormant

hey dad, stop wearing my mask, faggot

>Hey Chris Ott,
>I remember seeing a convo you had on Twitter about Mozart's Clarinet Concerto, and how you played it on viola. Are you still involved with classical music at all? Do you think it impacted your taste in any major way?

>Yeah I still listen to classical a bit, but it's not a huge part of my musical experience. I was more attracted to the kind of ambient lulls in things like the Adagio there, and fortunately in my life ambient music itself came into maturity and I got just the part of classical music I'd always liked, refined.

Wrong.

thx, fuck this dude

>Roofie him
>Take him to my cabin in the woods
>Tie him to the bed
>Make love to him until it gets boring
>Then go full on Misery until he makes more videos
>Never let him go until he falls in love with me

btw, I'm a man