So Sup Forums is dying. Where did everyone go? I blame discord

So Sup Forums is dying. Where did everyone go? I blame discord.

shut the fuck up

RIP Sup Forums. Long live Sup Forums2!

It became impossible to discuss music on this shit board. It used to be that people were elitist asshole, but at least you could discuss shit that you don't really hear about everywhere, more ""underground"" stuff. Now anything that isn't dadrock or 90s alternative is frowned upon and considered nu-male music. Sup Forums became everything it hated.

Sup Forums in general is dying. the content has always been repetitive and and shitty but it no longer maintains the illusion of new content and semi-original memes, not to mention viral marketing is becoming more and more noticeable on any board that has marketable topics, and everything is becoming same-y and bland. or maybe I'm just growing up...

>Discord
Serves them right for liking to eat shit

>Sup Forums in general is dying.
False.

?

>non "le kekistan" Sup Forums in general is dying
fixed

kendrick lamar sucks

What is this meme? Why are there a million threads about this lately?

Sup Forums literally died 3 years ago, most of the old userbase moved on to Sup Forums or became trannies

wrong

I hope habbo hotel makes a comeback so I can distract myself from the real world

>became trannies
Sad but true. Sup Forums is easily the most left wing board full of whiny trannies.

This place died when all the good elitist 2008-2010 trips left.

>moved on to Sup Forums AND became trannies
FTFY

I guess /lgbt/ doesn’t exist anymore.

we're getting old and younger people aren't interested in Sup Forums aside from Sup Forums. im 28. i actually have shit to do, which is still weird to me. also these days I don't have much desire to talk about music. i would always rather listen to music than argue about it.

Sup Forums is basically just a backup Facebook group/subreddit.

Try VRChat

It's not dying in terms of traffic, but its culture and society are definitely dying, much of it for the same reasons American society is decaying.

Sup Forums has always been a hostile place in terms of people insulting others for having different taste, but the function of the hostility is different now. The hostility used to nudge people towards finding better music, and not just Sup Forumscore. Chart and rec threads used to have an immense variety in music, not just in genre but also in popularity.

Sup Forums also used to be very elitist. Elitism made sure that when people argued why something was good, they actually had to construct a valid argument to justify their taste. When they couldn't (and it often did), their taste wasn't accepted. Elitism reinforced Sup Forums from devolving into discussion that painted albums like that Lil Pump tape as equal to something like Oval's 94diskont because the society accepted the elitist who defended the latter more than the retard who endorsed the former.

As Sup Forums has gained more traffic, be it from artists that have come here like Grimes, Lauren Mayberry, and Trent Reznor, critics like Anthony Fantano, and new users to the site who migrate here after visiting Sup Forums, the traditional hostility and elitism has been weakened by people who come from more accepting sites like Reddit and KTT. These users said that the systems that kept Sup Forums's discussion constructive were just dicks or memes, because that's all they made Sup Forums out to be. As a result, you now have a new generation of Sup Forumstants who think that all opinions are equally valid and taste along is justification for liking a certain kind of music, who say that being aggressive in your dislike is just hating, bigotry, or inability to understand the music, and force certain music and phrases as memes because they don't understand how memes originate and want to create their own. (cont.)

Looks like you haven't been to /r9k/
Or Sup Forums for that matter

Elitism culture died, trips either left out of boredom, got banned, or congregated into cancerous general threads.
Sup Forums is one of the very few boards on Sup Forums where you can easily test the quality of the board as a whole by the trip culture inhabiting it at the time.

Like with all things good, liberals killed it.

>come to mu
>page 1 is 75% pol/swarmfront shit
>leave

I'm not the only one, mu is boring

no, the right killed it. the right killed Sup Forums altogether.

I don't think we can fix it now because as people grow older they have less time to use Sup Forums, and so when they see that the site is being overrun by people who either don't care or are actively looking to tear down the systems that kept Sup Forums as a place for developing taste, they decided it was a better choice to jump from a sinking ship than to try to keep it afloat.

Thus, as older Sup Forumstants leave, the newer Sup Forumstants continually make up a higher and higher proportion of users. That's why we have so many threads about entry-level indie, rap, rock, pop, electronic, etc. because these users don't feel the pressure to evolve their taste and create an echo chamber to talk about the same fifty or so albums that they know about. This is also why they have so many threads that relate to their personalities, because they aren't looking to grow, they're looking to be accepted and constantly celebrated for their opinions.

This wanting to tear down the existing structures that keep Sup Forums productive is similar to a revolution that is akin to the French Revolution. Its goals are broad, abstract concepts that cannot be tangibly achieved (acceptance, popularity, uniqueness), and they have no structure to their revolution so it devolves into anarchy and lawlessness.

That's essentially why Sup Forums has went to shit.

The word and idea of a 'hater' ruined everything

Both the progressive left and alt-right play identity politics instead of advocating for a meritocracy, and since the vast majority of new users come from places like Reddit, Twitter, Youtube, and other social media, these populations increase on all of Sup Forums as a whole, most new users value the context of the music or its aesthetic over the actual quality, leading to the demise of the culture that kept Sup Forums good.

tumblr and reddit seeping in bringing all the negatives with them including shitty fucking music

B-but I thought talking about Pinkerton all the time was what made you a Sup Forumstant

this can be easily observed by simply putting on a tripcode and being assertive about your opinions (on whether something is good or not)
the amount of posts purely about the tripcode or crying about elitism will convince you without a doubt that what this poster said is true

correct

odd future bandwagon left alot of kids
k-pop general

huh, I thought Sup Forums was dying when I stopped coming on here, like, four years ago

some things never change

I didn't bring up tripcodes because that would end up being the focus of counterarguments, but you're right on that point
That stems from their only exposure to different music being through Pitchfork and other major music outlets, liberal Twitter, and Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist, all of which have an incentive to make or keep certain artists popular in order to turn a profit.

Conde Nast didn't buy Pitchfork because they wanted a music journalism outlet, they just wanted the brand that came with the name. That's why Pitchfork is a lot more reluctant to give out glowing reviews or BNMs to unknown artists and gives them to well-established artists or industry plants instead.
There's difference between thinking Pinkerton is good and discussing one of the most well-known indie albums in existence ad nauseam.

There just aren't any good movements going on in music today to draw people here. Emphasis on good, this Lil Peep/Lil Xan/XXXTentacion shit is pretty pathetic.

Bump

t. a progressive redditor

>implying the early anarchist-leaning disposition of Sup Forums was 'liberal'
>implying you were here before the stormfront invasion
you know how I know you're new

Nothing interesting happening in youth culture music.

You have meme rap... sadboy meme reverb rock... And that's it.