Why don't they make awesome games like KOTOR anymore?

Why don't they make awesome games like KOTOR anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

swglegends.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=w-T_kMAeFfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

'member Bastila?

Because.

Cus EA killed Bioware.

playing TSL now, i am on duxn

>KOTOR
>Awesome
Pick one

>but how can we fuck the game up with lootboxes?

Kotor's pretty fr*cking boring m80

found the fags

kys

KOTOR was good when it came out, but holy hell both games have HORRENDOUS first planets. Fuck Taris, fuck Peragus. There's a reason there are mods to skip both of those worlds.

Op do you mean star wars games in general or rpgs? Try SWTOR knights of the eternal throne and knights of the fallen empire expansions. It's the closest youll get to KOTOR 3 and it answers cliff hangers in lore from Kotor 2

SWG > KOTOR

Damn you're right...turn based styled live combat seems to be too much for 2018 hurr durr gamers

Taris was good the first time playing but subsequent playthroughs made me realize how bad it could be. The fuckin undercity was mindfuckingly bad. Paragus shouldn't even be mentioned. Turrible. Just turrible.

Can anyone confirm or deny? I thought SWG died.

You really should take a class on killing yourself. Or go get non-pleb tastes.

Even in death SWG is king. Also emulation servers...

'member warband?

I play WoW on a private server for like 1.5 hours a month... can I have fun with a similar level for commitment? There was once a time like 10 years ago when I played WoW 12 hours a day though...
I'm scared of video game learning curves under time constraints

Nah SWG is a life choice even on emulation servers. The one I played on a long time ago even had the jedi trials. Its a real time investment. That's the only reason i don't play it anymore.

any star wars game is awesome compared to this piece of shit. though i loved sw as a kid and was 10 when tpm came out and thought the movie and this game were awesome. fuck, i was blind. personally i think the jedi knight series, especially academy, was much funner than either kotor

This game was awesome growing up. I tried playing it again a couple of years ago but got too busy and haven't touched it since. I got it on steam but I don't think I will be playing it anytime soon.

Because proper games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim exist? I don't see how you manchildren still enjoy pixelated shit like this

Taris has grown on me a lot actually. Peragus is a fucking slog for sure, though.

Lol fuck off kid. KOTOR has turn based combat, designed to emulate DnD. Skyrim and Fallout are run and gun. Eat shit faggot.

the server is down at the moment

forgot to post link
swglegends.com/

Thoughts?

Is everyone on Sup Forums 25?

it was pretty damn fun. game was too short for me though.

I like short these days. Trying to get into Witcher 3 and I'm like, 'OK, I have an hour, 1.5 tops, to play Xbox. Let's get some shit done.' Then you spend 3 hours in a tavern talking to NPCs about some back of the milk carton bitch...

bastila a shit, mission and the handmaiden are way better.

the problem is you are a console peasant who can't afford a computer or to take a day off to play a game.

I'm 27, turn 28 in May

Opinions on KOTOR 2?

love hate relationship from me. felt inconsistent and i was never sure if i could make my entire party all darkside.

I remember renting it from blockbuster and played for less than an hour.

They added a few features to the UI that makes it better.

The story is not as strong but it's still very good.

>bioware game
only a few companions were good otherwise it follows the basic bioware formula of big bad is causing trouble, go to 3 of the 4 places before something happens or big bad attacks and you have to do a shitty scripted segment before finishing the last place and doing the final zone.

better game in every aspect.

25 here

The destruction and deformation physics were dope as fuck when this came out. I spent a good twenty minutes bending a girder into the path of passing tie fighters at one point.

I'm self-employed and doing very well, but I also like sitting on the couch. I barely have time toi play games though ;/

Jedi Knight II was amazing . Force gripping people and choking them off a cliff, running with flag and dropping a forcefield behind you to escape.. that game was life

It's too late. The DLC and Microtransaction viruses have taken over. Your only chance now is when a smaller honest company (like Larian) makes a full game without nickel and diming you after.

All of the AAA IPs like Star Wars and such.... sorry, it's over.

OK, KOTOR 1 vs. Witcher 3

Who killed Bastila at the end of the game?

The story wasn't as good as the first. The Revan reveal was a proper mindfuck.
Party members were way better in the second (HK47 is still the best)
Gameplay was marginally better. I liked that the crafting system didn't feel so basic.
It's a damn shame it wasn't finished. Yeah, restored content mod, but you can still feel there should have been more.

Depends what I'm in the mood for. They are very different games.

naw...
graphically maybe a bit?

I fucking loved the TPM game. Especially turning on god mode and running through mos espa killing everybody. I spent countless hours doing that. Its still the only game I've ever played where you could kill small children. In fact, it was almost encouraged because they gave the kids such annoying voice actors and made them so satisfy to kill.

Looking back on it now the mechanics were pretty shitty but whatev.

Spartan, what is your profession?

Dude Battlefront 1 killed me so hard I won't buy 2. The original 2 were my late childhood

Dumbledore

This is the shit you want for a ps1 era star wars

This one I enjoyed. Especially since I got the white Darth Vader PSP.

...because of "E"vil "A"ssholes

Make the mod and I'll play it

i liked out Outcast more than Academy. Luke and Kyle would always bitch at you in Academy for upgrading your dark side powers which was dumb. Not to mention Rosh was annoying as fuck, but at least you get to kill his bitch ass.

Electronic Arts?

Anyone who says Taris was worse than Dantooine is lying to themselves. Dantooine brought the entire game to a standstill for a few hours and just because that's where you get to picl your jedi class and get a lightsaber doesn't excuse just how totally boring the place itself is.

Dantooine doesn't get good until you find the Star Map and then leave. Especially with the stupid crime mission

Fuck you mother fucker that game right there is better than all of the movies combined, it is the best star wars game ever made

Exactly,.....they can make a good game, without loading it up with microtransactions.

KOTOR 4 (SWOTR = KOTOR 3) will probably be a pay2win game.

X-WIng vs TIE Fighter was the best game ever.

Because that would be too good.
Can't have good.
>SWTOR not bad cutscenes though would still play.

Agreed, SWG = Best MMORPG ever

Kek i just replayed academy and the only thing i set my eyes on was killing rosh and lvl 3 grip is pretty dank

I liked Mass Effect 1 better.

There were none in Kotor 1 or 2

Did you like Andromeda? I finished ME3 last year

And there were none in classic battlefront 1 or 2, either.

yeah, back when games were developed as solid games without MTXs.

No 3 and Andromeda are awful. ME2 is decent even though it changed so much. ME1 was the best and its a shame the series peaked there without ever improving upon the first.

Unfortunately that crime mission makes up like 3/4s of the planet.

So why exactly did they close down SWG? Did WoW kill it?

so we're in agreement...

I agree. ME1 had the best overall feel. Weird how the less sophisticated games leave us with the best feels sometimes, isn't it?

ya killing innocents was the only redeeming thing imo. also gay how you could still die in godmode sometimes.

EA forced it down, to promote SWTOR.

im really tired of this meme, I would rather they bring back that unfunny banana.

youtube.com/watch?v=w-T_kMAeFfk

ya this was also great, though some levels were just endless mazes pretty much

It is because they often have the most passion put into them. Developers making a good game for the sake of making a good game rather than trying to check off a list of things to appeal to the masses like is so common with most games over the last decade at least.

I played through the game twice. One where I was good and the other where I was evil. Chopped her head off with my blue and green lightsabers.

lol 1/10

This is the only reason I want a Playstation.

Yeah... Dantooine was cool the first time. Every subsequent playthrough afterward not so much...

Still like Taris though.

Eh maybe.

I think it has a lot to do with sequels just being harder in general. Very easy for writers to write themselves into corners that they just can't make satisfying and the ability to make something new slowly starts to shrink the more you've defined the world since the first iteration of the series.

sauce on pic related? anyone got a link?

Somewhere out there in a Big W layby section, there's the copy of Ratchet and Clank that my mum promised to get me for my 12th birthday.

Kek lost

This

I managed to get my hands on a PAL crystal edition of the xbox for 28$ with shipping and I put the NTSC guts in it. Been playing the fuck out of Morrowind. The xbox had some bitchin' exclusives dude, and it always had the best ports of cross-platform games.