Be me

>be me
>28 years old
>$75 000 in savings
>Wanna live an interesting life
>Wanna live abroad

What do I do?

>Move to Europe (thinking either Valletta, Lausanne, Dubrovnik, Venice, Valencia, or Lisbon.
>Quit my job and become a drifter/hobo across North America
>Take a three-month sabbatical and write my novel.

Suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Poland&city1=Warsaw&country2=Canada&city2=Toronto
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you from the USA ? If so I would advise you not to live abroad.

USA offer the best opportunities for someone who wants an interesting life

you can go to Alaska. best place to live in my opinion.

Anything but Europe basically.
Europe is one of the most boring continent right now

Travel around Europe for a while. You'll see some interesting things and meet some cool people and some goofballs. (Mainly other travellers, but get to know some locals if possible.) The less money you spend on travel and lodging, the more memorable the experience.

Try writing an erotic novel.
Women love dumb erotic novels

obvious bait for people to say "75000 is nothing" is obvious.

niggas saying europe is shit are retarded. why not travelling (ie not as a tourist) around the whole fucking globe and then you decide

Cuz he said move to, not travel

I'm from Canada. Have traveled to the US quite a bit and liked it.

Not interested in women.

Not bait. I lucked out with a safe career and can keep doing it for thirty more years and can retire a millionaire, but I hate my job and feel like my youth is slipping away and want to try something interesting; that's why I'm asking for suggestions.

Next week I'm applying for a sabbatical, hoping to either finish my degree or spend a year abroad writing.

mate just go to Alaska. why the fuck do you want to deal with all the noise from those feminist?

Alaska sounds great. Like, working on a fishing boat or just working a blue collar job along the coast somewhere. Good idea!

Just for sales dude, you don't have to give a shit about the women who buy your novel

its the dream. you + a dog or a cat + a log cabin = best shit. altho you gotta scare bears from your pro pity.

I wouldn't know the first thing about writing a sensual, sentimental novel. The kind of novel I want to write involves existential angst and bitter self-destruction.

But I'm willing to give a wide swath of America a chance.

Unfortunately, I'm allergic to cats and dogs. But watching Dick Proenekke's Alone in the Wilderness, I could totally get used to the lifestyle.

you gotta have a pet to keep you sane.

try this.

I've traveled alone to Montreal, Victoria, Munich, LA, Seattle, and San Francisco. I did it without an imaginary friend. But, indeed, something was lacking.

in the end. my advise just get away from people. maybe visit the city once a week to get some stuff and thats it.

I've been keeping away from people most of my life. I want to socialize and have good conversations and whatnot. I don't want to further alienate myself.

Is there anyone here who's truly lived an interesting life?

I live in the middle east if you wanna hear some stories.

I'm 39, OP. Honestly if I'd had $75k in savings at your age, knowing what I know now, I'd have invested it aggressively, splitting it up among several different kinds of investments. Trust me, your future self will thank you. In 10 years you will still have plenty of energy to see the world and travel, and if you have several times the amount of money you do now, you can do it in much better style. There's no rush, bro.

Is there anyone here who lived the life of a vagabond or perpetual traveler? That's what I'm most interested in.

I was thinking of Istanbul as the location of my year abroad...willing to take the risk as a white person.

$75 000 is what I have available, liquid. I have about $35 000 in shares, $42 000 in mutual funds/RRSPs, and about $20 000 in cryptocurrencies.

IOW, I'm not going all in, but I'm willing to take a big chance on living the life I want.

here are the countries that you will be 100% safe in (Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Turky, Oman,) these countries are easy to come to and they don't need a visa if you are an american. they are the safest around.

>$75 000 is what I have available, liquid. I have about $35 000 in shares, $42 000 in mutual funds/RRSPs, and about $20 000 in cryptocurrencies.
Good to hear you wouldn't be completely draining all your finances, but I still stand by my statement. You're 28 now. If you're anything like me, 38 probably sounds unimaginably old and far away, but it comes fast and you won't be a feeble old man when you get there. You'll be a little wiser, a little smarter, but still you. And you'll have a lot more money to play with, especially if you make it your goal now and spend 10 years thinking carefully and working toward it. You'll be able to do it right, and better.

Long story short, I blew a lot of cash trying to "live life" when I was younger, and I was making a lot of it at the time. 10-15 years later, I have a lot of interesting memories, but I can definitely say I wish I had saved/invested the money, because I could do it a lot better and go a lot further now.

But again, just one anonymous middle-aged guy's opinion on the internet; please do take it with a grain of salt.

Isn't that why Mossberg is still in business, user?

don't go to europe, go somewhere cheap, live there for a couple of years (or travel that part pf the world) and write your novel.

boring and overrated

europe is shit

those who? noise?

Fuck those Islamic shitholes except for Turkey,
which actually has a cosmopolitan feel to it, in Istanbul at least.

I'm definitely not disagreeing with you, but I have worked at this job for seven years, am miserable the whole time, but make a lot of money. I want to trade it in for a more humble but more interesting life. Just don't know how to realize that.

What kind of places are genuinely cheap for a white man, where he could spend his days writing, drinking, and wandering around? East Asia and Africa are out of the question, but S. America, Europe, and America are all on the table.

hey cunt. you kiss your mother with your mouth.

My mom's dead. I work a blue collar job so I have a blue collar vocabulary. Get over it.

Go to Poland, buy a nice flat and work as English teacher.

Is cost of living low in Poland? I'm Ukrainian by ethnicity, so Poland wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Compared to Germany and UK it is much lower. You can search for cost of living for city's the results are pretty accurate

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Poland&city1=Warsaw&country2=Canada&city2=Toronto

>wants a interesting life
>thinks about going to Europe

Europe is the most boring and uninteresting place you could live. Full of old whites who slowly gets replaced by niggers and mudslimes. If i had the money i would either live in America or Asia. Fuck Europe why was i born here???

>Quit my job and become a drifter/hobo across North America

Just don't do this. Leave 'merica.
Don't travel too much. If you go to malta, spend a year there. Get to know the Island and its people, its food. Its women.

Same for anyplace to decide to go to. If you're always on the road, you see nothing. just tourist shit and tourist bars.

Plenty of 'mericians where ever it is you go. Probably some cool people too. But you have to put down a little roots to meet them.

Me. Old man. 35 countries visited, 7 lived. Never going home.

>>Go to Poland, buy a nice flat
$75k is going to get him a tiny one room apartment on the outskirts of a non-major city, are you retarded?

Germany has cheaper everything, and it gives you free money. Just like the UK. The only "cost of living" that's lower for an average person is renting an apartment, and you get that for free in Germany/UK anyway.

Germany gives you 850€ free money. You have to pay rent, mobile, internet, water and electricity cost from this.

UK gives you a shitty council flat in a really undesirable area and a Weekly allowance of 100£.

I visited Poland twice and everything is much cheaper there, of course I get allot bang for my pound or euro. But English teacher are good paid in Poland.

With $50k he can buy a 1-2 bedroom flat and pay the rest with a mortgage. He doesn't have to go to Warsaw, Stettin is also nice.

Well , Canada isn't cutting it. America is cool, but I've been there lots. Europe was cool when I went (to Germany). Am leaning towards either eastern Europe or the Mediterranean. Something that is very unlike Canada. I have absolutely no interest in living in Asia or Africa, but South America is an option.

Really, what's the problem with Europe?

>>With $50k he can buy a 1-2 bedroom flat
Fucking where?

>pay the rest with a mortgage
So what's the actual cost then?

There are two cities in Poland, Warsaw and Krakow, the rest are villages.

I don't know the proper conditions of buying property for every shithole countries. I use common sense and I guess if you put 50k deposit then a bank will give you a mortgage. You should know stuff like that instead of asking base tier questions

>three-month sabbatical and write my novel
You're going to write a novel in 3 months. OK. Good luck with that.

what an idiotic thing to say lol

Why would a random foreign bank give a mortgage to a random foreign guy who doesn't even have a visa and can't own property? Is that how it works in America, you just show up and get everything?

Is this the cathedral of La Plata?

>$35 000 in shares
>$42 000 in mutual funds/RRSPs
>$20 000 in cryptocurrencies

>$42 000 in mutual funds/RRSPs
>$20 000 in cryptocurrencies

Don't come to poland American trash. We don't want your mutt ass here.

sand nigger goat fucking faggot
>kys 7abibi

>polish
>implying bringing literally anyone else wouldn't be an improvement

>wants to go to europe
>but only mentions southern or eastern europe

it's like you WANT to have a shit time

Fuck off britbong enjoy your 300 days rain a year faggot. Do you actually live besides rotting in your basement and browsing Sup Forums? Your only friend and companion in your misery life is that standing cumrag next to you.

>Europe is the most boring and uninteresting place you could live
Then you haven't seen much of Europe, I guess?

hahahah what have the bongs ever done, for you to immediately assume i'm british as soon as someone jokes about shithole countries?

the UK isn't the only first world country in Europe, you know.

stop getting so super mad on the internet

does anyone know where i can find this vid?

Quit your job, move to Europe, become drifter/hobo and write the novel while hoboing across Europe.

Fuck qatar, al qaeda supporters.
Fuck kuwait, boy lovers.
Fuck turkey, terrorist supporters.
Top 3 there isn't shit there to do, except turkey but theyre loaded with regular attacks and refugees.
Uae, is legit go visit
Oman, ain't shit to do there.

Don't go to central america OP unless its a tourist area.
South America is fine besides some areas in certain countries obviously, i.e. Brazil and Columbia, Venezuela is dead obv.

Asia blows, poor and disgusting, or unsafe or full of pollution and radiation or near NK.

Africa is pick or choose, your disease that is. If not if north africa ia pretty much hands off and not safe for whites to visit let alone live.

Jus europe man.

Trust me OP. Traveled For years as a kid growing up and more recently with a govt job that had me do so as well.

What a delusional retard

Says the guy who hasn't left Michigan.

Well if u want a peaceful life with almost no crime and a country with a good landscape you can come to Slovenia, prices are 3x cheaper then in Germany

Except the country has no one in it except whores and criminals from even shittier ex-Yu countries like Bosnia. Everyone worth anything left for Austria and Germany.