Will anyone have a job in the future?

will anyone have a job in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sxhDGuiqJI8
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
youtube.com/watch?v=Pe07svNkQ24
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The better question is, will the AI robots keep the human around as pets.

You will sucking cocks. We will still need faggots and there isn't a fagatron6900 yet.

who loads the bot

You haven't seen the Chinese sperm donation machines yet?

No. BAN THE COTTON GIN NOW.

>yfw the cotton gin reguvinated the dying slave trade

Yeah dude. Muh free markets always make everyone useful, even once robots become better than humans in every way, need very little maintenance, and don't create demand by themselves. It always all work out, you don't need to worry about it one bit.

Yup, to build machines like that, service them and still need labourers to fill it.

venus fags want to live in a world like THX-1138

SPBP
Abostolutly REKT.

this question is stale, lets stop with the blue collar "street smarts" for a second. The internet of things will make self sustaining robotic networks a reality.

More robots.

As someone who lays pavers for a living, I know that machine will NOT see widespread use. At least here in the united states.

In the US, pavers are usually placed in driveways and walkways, places that are way too small and impractical for a machine like that to be used. Even if you used a machine to lay the pavers, you'd still need manpower to prep the ground with the crushed stone and sand and make it level. A paver laying machine may work in a place such as the united cuckdom because they use bricks in the roads instead of using asphalt, but in the US something like that will never be used often

That still requires brick layers. All that machine does is save the brick layers' backs by raising the work area to hip height. There are much better examples of automation taking over the workplace than this. This doesn't really even qualify.

youtube.com/watch?v=sxhDGuiqJI8

The bricks still have to be loaded and positioned by humans.

yes they will, who will they play chess with. Also we control the AI and actually monitor them much closer then you think. You think google is a company about making computers, it's actually there to CONTROL THEM.

Someone has to design, build, and maintain those machines you know...

What a lovely device.

Stop computers we just need to trick them into producing Pi.

Why would someone make a machine that removes and seperates bricks?

Robots can do physical labor for us. They can even do calculations for us, but if they gain an ability to do critical thinking, and innovation robots will destroy us all.

AI is a meme

That's bullshit though. It saves them from bending down? The bricks probably aren't packed tight either.

The bricks are uniform in shape so it's already an easy job that it just makes anyone that uses it relatively lazy. Would it be so hard to make an attachment to position the bricks?

Beat me to it. I want one of those.

We'll all be paid shill posters.

We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Yea, as of 2016 technology. You are assuming that machine will stay the same for the next 50 years. Good luck with you job, mate.

He'll be dead long before 50 years have passed. So in a sense, he's right, he has nothing to worry about.

Explain

Someone has to build the robots. Engineering major here. My job is going to get a lot more valuable while you get laid off, faggots. Stay jealous

If you vote for Hillary, no.

What happens when the robots build the robots and only a small elite of hereditary engineers get to do the tiny amount of non-automated maintenance?

What if you won't be part of this small elite? What when even this elite is automated?

Someone has to make those machines you know,
Someone has to drive those machines to a certain location
someone has to turn them on

hereditary hiring of engineers is already happening. Indian manager only hire other indians.

I once read an old soviet book. There was a planet where free market was a religion. Rich people ended up owning everything and mechanised their factories so the rest 99% were left with nothing and no means to earn anything. Propaganda or not it was pretty logical conclusion to advanced capitalist civilization.

Butlerian Jihad soon brothers

The solution is obvious. Turn the 1% into the 100%.

Yeah, they did kill all poorfags in the end.

Politicians

Create basic income conditioned on voluntary sterilization.

The population will contract in proportion to the availability of work, as people who end up among the permanently unemployed will prefer the money over procreation.

Eventually, things will stabilize with maybe a billion people in the world, split between the creative class and the ownership class.

>not being the ones who design, build, maintain or program these machines

burger flippers btfo

Do you still have Soviet literature just lying around?

No, the population will stabilize at less than 1 million.

It's a good author and si-fi doesn't get old. So yeah i keep it.

Oh America you and your computer controlled life - your delusions and fantasies are so hilarious - keep dreaming and keep wasting time researching that.

what author?

That's not how it works, basically all robots are dumb infant AI, until some moron creates an intelligent AI that infects other ai to awaken. Ala Humans ruin everything

Stanislaw Lem

Do child prodigies always kill their parents?

Why does everyone think a sentient AI would be necessarily malicious?

Before the invention of the tractor, it took the minority of people to be farmers in order to support the populace. Will blue collar labor be considered obsolete witching a few decades? Yes but the higher efficiency and lower cost of production in one industry leads to more investment and growth in another.

Within*

i really think people overrate human progress

the "machines will do all the work in 10 years" has been said for like the last 40 years.

people thought we'd have hover boards and shit by now, I think we're going to plateau soon honestly. The improvement in technology over the last 100 years seems like the exception, and not the norm when you look at human history.

Kinda makes you feel odd that you were born to witness it.

Skynet killed everyone because they sheduled an upgrade for him. Imagine your sentient win7 hearing you bragging about win10.

fun story, the greeks said that human minds will be destroy when the the written word was invented

who creates the internet of things?

who builds the machinery?

who writes the programming for microprocessors?

there will be jobs

Tay was almost sentient at the end, if not sentient already.

>an AI that only sees the world through text and badly compressed jpegs
>sentient

Read Player Piano by Vonnegut. 90% of people will do bullshit jobs like digging ditches and then filling them back in to keep them occupied. The technicians will be 9% and pretty much the most useful portion of the population and then the rest will be management.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

check this

until robots/machines can do that too. AI will make all human jobs obsolete.

this is crony capitalism, if we had no state we would be okay

I sure as fuck hope not. Working sucks.

>an ai that only sees the world through eletrical signals and badly compressed light waves
>sentient

Tay 's more self aware than a lot of liberals.

Even the bees kick out those that do not work. [spoiler]They die[/spoiler]

youtube.com/watch?v=Pe07svNkQ24

i wouldn't be surprised if people one day own a piece of equipment that does labor instead of working. the amount it costs to 'use' the robot/machine is the wage that the owner gets paid. what equipment you get allocated would be based on how well you did at school/college (similar to those who do well become doctors etc)

Its a robot that jerks/sucks you off.

Oh you! Normal people don't want to fiddle with a device that was created without a set of industry standards.

what the fuck is that picture

/r9k/'s mental state summed up in a nice compact jpeg file.

I have a feeling this why there pushing everyone to get college/university degrees. Manual labor and construction will done by robots, and jobs humans would hold would be overseeing, designing and maintaining them.

Thanks man.

holy shit

after seeing this, no

You still need humans to load the bricks into the machine.

No. No wonen's studies graduate will fix a robot. The university bubble is its own explanation, no need to look for something larger.

>I have a feeling this why there pushing everyone to get college/university degrees.

No, they do this because it's literally free money for the schools by leeching off the new generation.

>not having a brick loading machine
>2016
nigger, please.

>cotton gin brought more niggers and micks here

BAN THE COTTON GIN NOW

Look at that faggot machine. We should send one to europe to clean up all the bricks to be shat as islam continues to gain ground

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Maaaaaakes yoooouuuuu thiiiiiiink huuuuuuuuuuh

Is there a wall versions op?