chillwave

fucking end this meme, that song didn't spawn shit

youtube.com/watch?v=3jIdYAAO7cM

youtube.com/watch?v=0lVdMbUx1_k

>shoegaze
is this nigga for real, there is nothing gazey about it

youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM

youtube.com/watch?v=8ftpFfmW2nE
I'm not sure what genre this spawned. We'll call it the genre of breaking all your fucking violin strings.

I know everyone here has literally the most shit taste in music so this is falling on deaf ears, but
The early sixties basically was the hotbed that all modern music comes from and if you post anything from a different decade in this thread you’re wrong. Listen to more sixties music desu
For example, this song sounds familiar and normal to you, but it was NOT then. This song is literally 53 years old, I honestly believe it created all modern rock:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GmzyeeXnQ

You can even hear the dated “dooooo whaps” which is its only tell for not being a modern song

the wiki for all i wanna do lists it as chillwave

can you label something as a genre before it even was a genre

Is this copypasta? This is a pretty good meme

All I Wanna Do obv didn't spawn chillwave, it just uncannily resembles that little niche of style in hindsight. Chillwave itself was already a derivative of one of the vibes-in-the-air emerging around 2007/2008, mostly in more underground experimental, and then kind of formalized with the bands given the name. Even after that meme stopped being talked about, that kind of aesthetic still has had a pretty strong, ongoing presence in cool kid music. Obv Mac DeMarco, Diiv, Connan Moccasin as far as chill guitar music. And I still always hear Ariel Pink and John Maus played around the art scene without fail, and they were like a cornerstone of that vibe.

doom metal

youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2OA33jZac

I associate that depressive weary, often doomy vibe on some of the White Album's tracks with Lennon's heroin use and the general burnout of all of them at the time.

I don't really listen to this band but their album cover was super cute so I bought a sweater of it lol

youtube.com/watch?v=wVvoQIdD80U

What spawned all modern Indie?

youtube.com/watch?v=8ahU-x-4Gxw

kek

TVU&N

How's your first day on Sup Forums going?

You gotta be kidding.

not that version, but at least on the album it has a long outro with a wall of white noise and a repeating blues riff.

>Josh Hart and Damien Fanelli, writing for Guitar World, placed the song 34th in their list of the 50 Heaviest Songs Before Black Sabbath, and called the song a "bluesy rocker" that "might have inadvertently started doom metal."[7] Similarly, Jo Kendall of Classic Rock magazine commented that the song pre-dated "Black Sabbath's creation of doom rock by several months" and noted the "Santana-like Latin blues section" in the song.

it's a fucking spectrum m8, saying a specific artist or song started something new by himself is fucking stupid. Ideas can't arise independently, this kinks song was inspired by another band that had aspects of rock and roll.

saved to clipboard