ITT: Unpopular opinions

This is a good album and Tool is unironically good

Tool is fucking amazing and so is that album!!!

Only people with low IQ hate Tool

>ITT: Plebbit from r/music shilling shit opinions
Sage

this isn't an unpopular opinion

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tool. The music is extremely deep, and without a solid grasp of psychedelics most of the songs will go over a typical listener’s head. There’s also Keenan’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this music, to realize that it's not just trippy, it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Tool truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the imagery in Tool’s existential single “Vicarious” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Maynard Keenan’s genius wit unfolds itself in their ears. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Tool tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Ænima is their best album and Lateralus is overrated.

this guy

Opinion which should be more popular:
Alex Grey x Lisa Frank collab would be top-art

The fuck is that shit on the right. Get in the bin.

Tool will always be double-pleb filter for nu-males who fall for the
>fans are shit, therefore band is meme
and
>le """edgy'""" meme

>underage b&

This is the best Cocteau Twins album

Metallica never made anything that is even worth comparing to rust in peace or peace sells

Hail To The Thief is better than In Rainbows and Amnesiac.

Operation Doomsday is Doom's best project.

nice, but replace "psychedelics" with "the fibonacci sequence"

Yeah Lateralus is pretty tits.

>He's in a tool phase
Lol

>room on fire is better than this is it
>long drive is better than lonesome crowded west
>prog rock is terrible
>mu is a good place for music discussion and discovery

To be fair they 'competed' but the style of RiP is vastly different to anything Metallica ever made. That being said, I don't think anything by Metallica can hold up against Megadeths peak. Their first 4 albums are terrific, but much more just riff orientated. They miss that structure and subtlety of Megadeth. Oh yeah and Friedman's solos are always bomb ass.

I would like to add that I enjoyed S&M however, which is quite unique to Metallica.

It's bretty gud, and definitely underrated by critics. Tough to say that it's better than Madvillainy though. And MM Food and Vaudeville Villain are no chump albums either.

This. Never let a garbage fanbase allow you to miss out on something good. Just don't let a single piece of media swallow your entire personality and you'll be fine.

They way I think about it is that Megadeth made better compositions, but Metallica made better 'songs'.

Megadeth never wrote anything nearly as emotionally effective as Fade To Black, or as instantly catchy and riffable as For Whom The Bell Tolls or Enter Sandman.

Metallica had a little more of a knack for catchy, compact songwriting and their attempts at progressive elements are honestly blown out of the water by Rust In Peace.

I love em both though, it just makes me sad that we'll never see the timeline where Dave never left Metallica and they possessed both our timelines' Megadeth and Metallica's strengths.

Unpopular on Sup Forums or IRL?

I think Kanye is unironically a genuis and the most defining artist of the past 20 years.

And he isn't even my favorite artist (2nd favorite though).

Who is your favorite?

Kishi Bashi

As a Tool fan, I'd like to say this album is shit and Tool sucks, but there's probably a reason I listened to it a hundred times.

I agree with this.

First and last one yes, middle two fuck no niqqa

Agreed. S&M is neat, RiP is just too damn good.

That's not unpopular at all. In fact, it's such a popular opinion, that Sup Forums has started shitting on it because they're annoyed by how ubiquitously liked it is.

Also because most of the fans are aids.

honestly, the more times passes the more i think Lateralus is pretentious crap

they improved quite a bit with 10,000 Days, that one is quite good

Aenima is still their peak

dave mustaine was so upset he got kicked out of metallica he started a much better band just to spite them

megadeth's riffs are wayyy better

>Not King Geedorah