Say, anyone else member the 00s (at least the first six years)? Malcolm in the middle, Linkin park, Runescape, etc

Say, anyone else member the 00s (at least the first six years)? Malcolm in the middle, Linkin park, Runescape, etc.

At first, they were a pretty good time up to grow up in until like 2006, then turned to shit with horrific crap like the Big Bang Theory, Justin Bieber, and iPhones. Thankfully, 2010-now is a return to form.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFsvQNt2bIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>be >you
>era in which i'm 10 is amazing
>5 years later
>shit has gone to shit
>5 years later
>so glad everything is good again

>totally spies
>rugrats agu
>as told by ginger
>braceface
>linkin park
>fosters home for imaginary friends
>any of these being described as good
Seriously consider suicide, m8

IN MIND, WITH SPIRIT, I STILL CELEBRATE MILLENNIUM.

>Sincerity and idealistic realism start to become prevalent
Maybe that was true for the late 2000s, but in the mid 2010s it's absolutely not true anymore, lel

>... in the mid 2010s it's absolutely not true anymore...

NOT REALLY.

PERSONS, AND PEOPLE IN GENERAL, ARE MORE OPTIMISTIC AND SINCERE, AND IDEALISM IS MORE PREVALENT AMONG THEM, THAN SIX YEARS AGO, FOR INSTANCE.

I was so sad when the 2000's began, animation really took a huge nosedive into a can of shit.

Fucking baby cartoons too, no wonder everybody under 20 is such a pussy these days.

But people under 20 won't remember the shows in OP's pic

It's people who are 20-25 mostly that will remember them

>then turned to shit with horrific crap like the Big Bang Theory, Justin Bieber, and iPhones.

They didn't turn to shit, your life did if any of that affected your own view of an entire decade

>I was so sad when the 2000's began, animation really took a huge nosedive into a can of shit.
[PREVIOUSLY, ON XMEN]
> holy shit is this level of quality even possible
yeah the intro had a higher production value than the actual show but holy shit it's an attention grabber

> and then later, we get ... noodle-limbed cal arts shit
if you told a kid in the 90's this is what the cartoons in 2010 would look like he'd call you a fucking liar, and then ask you to not tell his parents that he said a swear.

>No ed, edd, and eddy

I'm 18 and I remember everything except blond girl in the bottom right corner

The early 2000's was GOAT

Samurai Jack and Batman Beyond are the best

DO YOU THINK WE WILL EVENTUALLY RETURN TO THE PATRIARCHY AND LIFE WILL BALANCE OUT CAUSING GLOBAL PEACE AT LEAST FOR A SHORT WHILE ?????

>90s nostalgia threads have turned into 2000s nostalgia

Do you need anymore proof the average poster on Sup Forums is 15?

>mfw watching Arthur now
>that jarring quality between the old opening they still use and the episode's animation
I died a little

early 2000's were too neo edgy for me
Nothing really made sense and everything was weird because it was a mesh of old and new in a flashy transitional state that felt very "fake" and "shallow"

>Totally Spies
A show that looked like it was for girls but was really for horny little boys.

>horrific crap like the Big Bang Theory, Justin Bieber, and iPhones
You're a very bad goyim.

I was born in 1992 so yeah definitely. But I definitely remember the early 2000s were the era of "Kids these days, they don't know, the 90s were so much better" and even people my age were saying the 90s were comfier and better in terms of popular media.

So let's say that nostalgia of being a kid raises your love for the time period, I'm still inclined to think that the base level of the quality of the time was probably lowered. i.e. It was good to be young in the 80s (can't say for sure, obviously), great to be young in the 90s, good to be young in the 2000s and okay to be young in the late 00s. Like nostalgia adds maybe 40% to the experience.

>star wars prequels
>flash animation
>nu metal and emo
>needing external light for your GBA (pre-SP)
>sega stops making consoles

The 00's sucked

There were a few gems.

Emo in retrospect is/was definitely great to grow up around. Every few years there is some sort of woeful fashion, style and cultural misstep that a huge portion of the population falls for. Everything from disco to hippies to trenchcoat matrix edgelords to flannel goggle wearing 90s rejects to 80s big hair flock of seagulls type shit to Miami vice outfits.

Emo was annoying at the time but it was like a meme come to life. It's really funny to look back on. I miss them.

>tfw still remember when TBS (I think) used to have day long marathons of A Christmas Story every Christmas
>still remember Dinner and a Movie
90s and early 00s was a good time.

fuck off furfag

no.

dave the barbarian>brandy and mr whiskers

Brandy and Mr Whiskers was just a shit Spongebob rip off.

wtf, how?

it wasn't terrible but dave the barbarian was cartoon kino

>Mentally handicapped character who is lol so zany and silly and constantly getting hurt but luck still comes his way in spite of all this is in an environment where he is completely unlike anyone else, he has a tall mammal female friend who is uniquely at odds with the environment the show takes place in and has zero romantic feelings towards him and a lackwitted, slow talking imbecile male best friend. Pretty much everyone dislikes this character due to his slow witted nature and annoying voice and mannerisms, but he is completely oblivious due to his happy go lucky attitude.

why do you think they had to change the simpsons intro.
marges' hair gets animated so well in the original. now it's a stiff rigid entity and she gives a nightmare inducing robotic blink... even if the writing improved to pre-s10 quality i still couldn't watch it, because of that shitty "our art is always on model, because our software can't do anything else" level animation

I can see how Whiskers can parallel the sponge, but the similarity stops there. Brandy doesn't compare to Squidword, since she lives with, and actually does like Whiskers, in a big sister/annoying little brother kind of way. Spongebob has much greater variety of characters, and just is a 'bigger' cartoon overall anyway - like on a 'simpsons' type level.

True, the new flash animation look so clean but ironically the old one was much better and realistic.

fosters was kino

I'm guessing you don't like vaporwave

why are le nostalgia 90s and early 2000s fags so obsessed with childrens cartoons?

I was comparing Brandy to Sandy, you halfwit.

Like seriously
>Implying squids are mammals
>Implying squids are uniquely at odds in an ocean environment
>Implying squidward is a female

the same reason nostalgia 50s fags are obsessed with rocket ship and raygun toys

The things you consider "pretty good" is all horrific crap. The true golden age ended with the 90s.

PEAS AND CORNBREAD

youtube.com/watch?v=VFsvQNt2bIE
That fucking opening.

>Thinks emo started in the 00's
Well you proved you don't know shit about music so that doesn't bode well for any other opinions you have.

What cartoons do kids even watch these days? Like the stuff I grew up on was great, and even the stuff that my uncles grew up on seemed pretty good. Now they all look like shit.

>Being an emo hipster
Nobody cares when it started, we're discussing when it was culturally relevant. Between 2004-2009 was the only times when emos ever were or ever will be relevant.

We Bare Bears
Star vs,
steven universe
ONe punch man

>tfw no matter how hard we try nothing can surpass this

It was a good premise that was absolutely fucking atrocious in delivery

Please tell me an emo band. I want to know how inept you are.

>2000-2002
was really a great time to be alive

Bush just taken office. Jew York got fucked. I do miss that "THE FUTURE IS NOW" "FEEL"

>2007-2009
Wow you're spot on again. Those were some shitty fucking years. Especially after Obama took office everything was just depressing

>>totally spies
that was a top tier fetish show

The first 2 seasons of Ed, Edd, n Eddy are GOAT millennium era cartoons.

The early 2000s were fucking horrible, both irl and pop culture wise.

Fact: your favorite childhood show was made by a Jew

TBS still has a Christmas Story marathon on Christmas

This reminds me too much of my ex, she loved that shitty show and I havent thought about it in years

Time to get really drunk

Red head was best girl

Like everything on TV?

Yes. If lack of diversity among producers offends you go join a #OscarsSoWhite rally with your SJW friends. Maybe you can force a diversity quota.

remember it? I haven't "left my room" in over a decade. My self imposed prison

like earlier i went to buy a beer and in the store was this fag in a toga and two girls going to some party and I felt not only so removed from sociality and how lame people are but I literally made audible groans at what they passed off at banter. I'm like a caustic version of bruno S

oh and yeah it wasnt that great. hey arnold and grim and mandy are pretty good but it was 80% shit

>all that sweet sweet dubbed chinese cartoons with skimpy anime girls
what a time to be a lad

nope

something about pendulum and big uhhh

Get out. JUST GET THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW.

not saying those are great as the 90's but compared to the full blown autism cartoons of now....

>2010-now is a return to form

I'll never forget the first time I saw an emo. It was either late 2004 or early 2005 and I was working in a grocery store. Now, keep in mind that I graduated H.S. in June 04 and my last two years was independent studies.

Here I am sweeping the floors and this 16 to 17 year old kid comes up to me to ask a question. He was wearing those baggy black jeans with a cut up white shirt and a reddish-brown jacket. He had what looked like foundation on and a whole bunch of eyeliner. I had to stifle a laugh when we made eye contact and I told him where what he wanted was. I remember him being somewhat hunched over giving poor body language.

I saw them regularly enough after that when I wasn't holed up in my room due to terrible anxiety.

It's from Braceface which is a Canadian series, so that might be why.

It feels like there's no more emotion in cartoons it's just pure childish lol so random in your face noise with furry animals and other anthropomorphized caricatures

compare that to hey arnold and courage the cowardly dog it's impossible

ugh, the only good one in that picture is spongebob, fuck the rest

AND THEY SAY THAT A HERO WILL SAVE US, I'M NOT GONNA STAND HERE AND WAIT

Sugar We're Going Down
Shitty O'Sullivan and the Faggots
My Ears are Bleeding
Oh God, Why Haven't You Turned This Off Yet
MCR

Anyone remember that period where nickelodeon was cranking out all these shitty french canadian cartoons?
They were shit right?

but you watched them anyway

Honestly these comparisons are pretty minor. I fail to see how how B&MrW is a rip off of Spongebob square-pants. You're picking at straws.

>If lack of diversity among producers offends you go join a #OscarsSoWhite rally with your SJW friends. Maybe you can force a diversity quota.

Like the jews do?

fuck off martin mystery was scooby doo kino

Martin Mystery was the shit. Cannot fucking believe it only got 3 seasons while Totally Shit got like 6

nah it was great

>radioheads best album amnesiac
>shrek
>LOTR films
>avril lavigne
>silent hill series in its peak
>vanilla sky
>pokemon GSC

pretty much every cartoon in your pic was rubbish. Consider suicide today