Sup Forums promised me something different...

Sup Forums promised me something different. "Dude it's not a typical capeshit they're sorcerers but they use loops in physics and paradoxes to fight" fucking really? Movie was about magical ninjas with the most bland, boring and predictable origin story I've ever witnessed. The ONLY part which was even remotely what you faggots promised was the way he defeated the big bad. It was good. Despite the fact that it was never explained how he could suddenly control it like that, I'm willing to let that slide since it's a superhero movie, I'm not expecting a flawless masterpiece. That part was good. But the rest of the movie? Jesus christ there was so little 'strange' in there and so much typical Marvel that I felt like walking out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7kK6vvxQrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>trusting Sup Forums
>watching capeshit
No one to blame but yourself

This movie was capeshit in a literal sense.
That CGI though, haven't seen anything so visually entertaining for quite a long time.

>not released in USA
>not available to pirate
Sup Forums didn't tell you shit, shill.

I still don't know why he didn't fix his own hands.

If he can fix an apple why can't he fix his arms????

yeah it was mostly spectacular, but there was a part or two where the shift in gravity was done really poorly

Why is it not released in the us?
Do americans hate hong kong, magic and niggers?

>the same people who vehemently hate nolan, --enjoyed this garbage

really makes you think

becaue being a cool wizard is better than being a surgeon

Fetl a bit burned that almost everyone in the last thread ignored you, so you made your own thread this time, eh?

Dude, I'm not contesting your opinion, but seriously work on your sentence structure. Your punctuation is all over the place like you can't form a coherent thought.

what's wrong with it? It makes sense if you've seen the movie and know what he's talking about

Wow, so MARVEL SHILLS are allowed to use racial slurs now?

That's a really bad tactic, shill. I'm investigating this because I know you're paid to post this and you've used an illegal racial slur. Really interesting times.

>autism

Why didn't the sorcerers just pick up a gun and shoot each other?

the official rating for doctor strange on RT is 93%. it is the 2nd highest rated marvel film after ironman. get hyped. have some Australian friends who say its great. this is especially great because they are comic snobs

I'll fix it for you so you understand how English works.

>Sup Forums promised me something different, "dude it's not a typical capeshit, they're sorcerers but they use loops in physics and paradoxes to fight". Fucking really? Movie was about magical ninjas with the most bland, boring and predictable origin story I've ever witnessed. The ONLY part which was even remotely what you faggots promised was the way he defeated the big bad, It was good. Despite the fact that it was never explained how he could suddenly control time like that, but I'm willing to let that slide since it's a superhero movie. I'm not expecting a flawless masterpiece. That ending was good. But the rest of the movie? Jesus christ there was so little 'strange' in there and so much typical Marvel that I felt like walking out

See the difference? If you can't then just shut the fuck up.

He could just fix his hands and stay wizard.

because we saw he could fix small objects.

Oh, you're using slurs against disabled persons now? Investigation just increased.

>being paid to post my opinion about a bad movie

First of all, I'm a nigga myself.
Second, I wish people would pay me to shitpost on Sup Forums, that's the greatest and easiest job.

Also watch out for your autism

>it was never explained
You don't deserve other masterpieces.

Investigation further increased.

Holy shit you're dumb. Didn't have to read further than the first paragraph and you're already going full retard

kindly leave the thread you autistic piece of shit

TLDT

but movie was garbage.

I had a good time watching it but it's not a good superhero movie.

Cool visuals so worth watching in kino, but very unlikable chatacters, boring dialogue and shit story that has too many nonsense and plotholes

Haven't seen much Marvel shit since Winter Soldier. Actually, haven't seen any since that movie, except Guardians of the Galaxy. Will I miss anything if I watch Dr Strange ?

the worst thing about this bad OP is that it IS explained

Technically a paragraph is 5 sentences.

It's better than Antman,

but that doesn't mean much.

I would say watch it in the theaters for the visuals. The movie is not worth anything else, watch while you are high.

It really wasn't, previously he had to focus and move his hands to move time, and the whole control thingy could break. Now he was just inside a loop suddenly, and destroying that thing on his arm didn't do anything. Sure enough the loops were mentioned earlier, but they were said to be a bad thing and that you'd be trapped there forever. You know, not really something you'd control

but nolan is a fucking hack
youtube.com/watch?v=T7kK6vvxQrs

If you mean continuity wise...no. It's an origin story and focuses just on Dr. Strange and how he becomes a wacko magician.

You could still skip Civil War and the others, this movie is it's own thing.

It's the most standalone movie since the first Ironman.

Nope, Strange has no continuity chains.

The only thing it refers to from previous stuff is a single non-specific reference to something that happened in Civil War.

WHY DIDN'T HE FIX HIS OWN HANDS AT THE END?!

if he can fix other objects without going back to time, like the apple, or Thor's Beer, then why?!

Dormammu, bitches

Yeah it's got great special effects and nice action but otherwise the writing is really lame.

he didn't want to, he kept them to remind himself that it wasn't about him

or that's how I interpreted it anyway, I don't know anything about the source material nor do I watch these movies very much

he didn't want/need to

Like remember the point of the spinal injury guy was that he only cared about himself so he walked away from magic once he learned enough to fix himself

and Strange had that whole bit where he's arguing he can't do the spell casting because his hands can't do the motions properly, then is shown to look past that because it doesn't matter

The movie showed how he can manipulate time on multiple occasions, each time being better at it. The movie mentioned that it's possible to create time loops. The characters said it's a bad thing to fuck with time, since that's what they had been taught. Strange is a prodigy at magics. The movie establishes that he's willing to bend the rules to achieve the greater good. He's a kindred spirit to the Ancient One in that regard, down to the point that he has the skills to get away with it. When was it established that he has great skill? When Mordo commented that opening the eye is not something one just happens to do after reading a book. And you can't make that small leap of faith that maybe Strange is skilled enough to create a time loop after just having rewound the destruction of a city? You're channeling a lot of Frodo in your post.

Nah I'm not buying it, you're making it sound better than it actually was. The fact is he literally just 2 minutes ago had to see tremendous effort just to turn time back. Let alone set up a time loop. And while it's true that the movie mentioned you can create time loops, it really did it in a way that they kind of happen as a consequence, that they aren't something you actively try to do. They were made out to be an extremely bad thing you can't control

Not to mention the fact that the apparatus on his hand could previously get destroyed which would stop the thing. But suddenly that didn't work anymore either

I don't think it's a big issue, neither did OP, but there's definitely a case to be made. It wasn't set up nearly as good as you made it sound

Well, it made sense to me, as everything I mentioned was in the movie, so from where I stand, the movie conveyed the necessary info just fine. I'll grant you that the Strange's study phase could have been longer, from an entertainment POV and the passaage of time could have been stressed more, but as far as necessary info was concerned, it was all there.

>special effects
It's called visual effects

special effects means practical effects, they are not made with computers.

The most likeably character in the entire movie was the Cape and it didn't even have a word of dialogue.

My biggest complain is that he became too fucking strong way too fast and it made no sense.

true
I really liked Alladin's carpet in this movie. disney did a good rip off of their own movies

your opinions are shit and you shouldnt try to pass off your shit opinions to people who havent seen it and might want to. in no fucking way is it even remotely as bad as ant-man. ant-man was a mediocre as fuck movie where as dr. strange is an legit great film not only visually, but acting wise as well. it's probably the only marvel film that doesnt need to be looked at as just a superhero film. yes it follows the same marvel formula, but it's not a quipfest that gets old after a few movies. this is something unique and should be praised for what it does so right.

Looks like shit

His name is Sir Magic Carpet.

Happy to see him in this movie, he is a good comedic actor.

i agree. inception was mediocre compared to the visuals of strange and bale was shitty casting for batman where as cucumber was perfect casting for strange.

you haven't seen it have you

That's what we got for now.
Probably in one of the sequels we'll get the proper form of him.

I hate to be that guy but I really think you didn't "get it". You see unlike other superheroes Doctor Strange has magical powers instead of super powers.

>comments on someone's punctuation mistakes
>makes own punctuation mistakes