I WAS BORN MY PAPA'S SON, A WANDERIN' EYE, A SMOKIN' GUN

I WAS BORN MY PAPA'S SON, A WANDERIN' EYE, A SMOKIN' GUN

Why did they bitch so much? They worked a lot and you get paid very well for jobs like that. If they hated it so much. Why not work somewhere else?

They bitched because there was little work you idiot

>muh docks

Why does everybody talk so much shit about this season? I thought it was great.

that kind of labour isn't necessarily prevalent anymore, that's the whole point of that season: dying labour

Idiots talk shit about it. Season 2 has the best writing by a wide margin.

By way of example: you know those people Trump talks about all the time? People who worked in industry their entire lives and have no other describable skills and then said industries went bust or moved overseas? Said people who were left terminally unemployed because that lack of industry killed the economies of whatever locations they were in and as such the funds/resources to reskill said people was no longer there? These are those sorts of people. That's why they were so desperate to keep what little they had.

His baby mama had the best rack in the business - they should've given her a spinoff.

The shift in character focus is extremely jarring, so people say it sucks.

These are the people who have only watched the show once, S2 gets much better once you rewatch it because that initial shock is gone.

But the first scene in season 2 is a Bodie scene

Season 2 was great, I feel a lot is lost in the 3rd, too much fan service. But to me it loses so much of the subtly of focus from the previous 2 seasons.

For those mildly obsessed with the show, say having seen each season at least three times, S2 is the best season. Most people don't get it on the first watch, and even on the second, yeah. But it is the best.

True, but a lot of characters from S1 get less focus.

And they kill D, who was the viewers window into the drug business in S1

It all ties together. The docks were the import operation that fed the retail corners.

[spoiler}AND I FEEL ALLRIGHT

I thought this season had really great pacing but the last episode has to be the slowest in the series. I dont remember why

On my first viewing, I specifically remember S2 E1 being the slowest to me. Season 2 was boring bought not terrible IMO.

Also, the ending montage showed that despite all of the efforts by law enforcement, it was fruitless. The drugs and whores still flowed into the city, and the average hopper on the corner barely felt the impact.

The union died, the corners didnt.

the greatest pleb filters of our times

I really like that song, but god it never gets out of my head. Even reading those words has it playing in there. That's in there now for the rest of the week.

>there are people who don't think that 2 is the best season
how?