Any Vetfags out there?

Any Vetfags out there?

Having a rough day lookin for advice

former sailor checkin in

how long you been out?

2012 my man. Was on old cellblock 73 in CFAY

84th Northumberland Fusiliers Rifleman Corps reporting in.

I dig, was stationed on Boomer subs from 2012 to 2017. Left cause the constant stress was too much for me, thought I'd be happier as a civ. more free now but not 'happy'

how many years?

Nice mang. I got my brother to enlist a few years ago. He's stationed on the Annapolis.

What's wrong with civie life? It can take awhile to adjust back. Took me about 2 years tbh.

I've got it pretty cooshy, on the GI bill for college, which pays rent. life just is kind of vapid. before when i was in it was go go go and the free time I had I wanted to do nothing but sleep / whack it.

now I have more freetime than work time and I'm finding myself very uneasy during most of it.

Civilian who tried joining but couldn't here, I care.

mind if I ask what was up?

Thanks for trying user.

currently in the air force. idk if thats what youre looking for tho

Separating from the AF next Wednesday. Sup Sup Forumsrother?

I had a traumatic childhood that led to PTSD. It's listed on my medical file that i'm a loose cannon.

I wish I got in anyway, but I do my best to support/comfort those who did.

I feel ya. I was the same way. It's hard to come down from hitting a different country every month for god knows how long.

When I went to college I occupied my time by chasing tail and experimenting with weed (I never tried it when I was younger). It's easy to get a new chick ever 2 weeks they love vets/older dudes.

Shoulda just lied. I'm bipolar but I never told the navy and it never impacted my job.

Just how people cope with separation, looking to see if anyone experienced the shit I'm going through, recently seperated.

Dealing with separation issues. at first it was awesome, tons of free time and relaxation. Then stir crazy set it. I started school which interrupted the stir crazy for a while, now it's back full force. Feel like I'm only going to school not to better myself but because it is a thing to do.

sucks to hear user. sorry you couldn't serve. but thanks for the support.

Any Army Vets here? I graduate soon and want to enlist as a 68W. Its either that or 11/12B, what do you guys think?

Op here,

same story with weed, never tried it as a kid. makes me either sleepy or paranoid rattling around in my head. have a cool civ roomy who has experience and is helping me find whats right for me.

I havn't chased any tail since I was in, should prolly get laid huh?

Have any hobbies to keep you busy? Or perhaps try looking for a job, unless you've already tried? The current thing i am worried about separating is adjusting back to civilian life after doing this for 9 years

I did. But they got my medical file.

Life is unfair for some people, user. I have learnt this early.

What happened to me sucked - but I survived it.

Sorry to hear you aren't doing so well. I wish there was some way I could help.

Quit drinking and keep exercising.

seperated just over a year ago from the Army, 68W and 37F here

I used to play MTG pretty competitively but lost interest when I saw how shit the community was in my local area by the base. pretty much just gaming and fucking.

looking for an internship that isnt 40 hour work weeks for my degree

Find some more 'work' to fill your time. Something meaningful since it's less of a obligated chore now.

Boo hoo I was in the military and I deserve special treatment for raping and killing innocent women and children in underprivileged countries at the behest of the ruling billionaire elite... fuck you and fuck everyone who is or ever has been in the military. You soldiers think you're such hot shit don't you? Is that why you all either end up dead, in prison, or addicted to drugs and alcohol sucking dick on the streets to get your next fix? Fucking pathetic. You are nothing more than a washed up paid killer who can't handle the pressure of real actual life. No sympathy. I hope you are miserable for the rest of your worthless life you piece of subhuman shit. I hope you have kids and they get raped daily by some twisted pedo. I hope you and everyone you love dies slow and painfully. You and everyone like you makes me sick to my very core. I fucking hate all of you pieces of shit. Fucking die.

Dude you could be swimming in pussy. I'm jealous of you. College was great for me. I ended up having a threesome with a 21 yr old and an 18 yr old. I wish I could go back. All I get now is sex from my gf of 2 years and that shit is boooooooring.

Heres your (you)
now fuck off

Nice bait faggot

nice try gopnik...

Keep your head up Sup Forumsrother, It'll work itself out soon I know it may sound cliche, but you do have the freedom to do what you please. Hell, go travel to places you've never been to or try out a new hobby. I wish you the best.

I whored it up pretty good while I was in, after moving lost all my hookup contacts and just havn't reset myself up

someone else recommended travel. Been considering it more and more

No, you fuck off! Someone has to strip away the unearned glorification of these scumbags in uniform! They take so much of our budget and waste it! We spend enough on these assholes to put every American through college ten times over every single year! There is so much overspending that we could provide health care to everyone in North America for ten years on just what we spend on these shitheels every year. They are a drain on our resources and serve no purpose other than to murder innocent people for the ruling elite! They aren't soldiers they are death squads for the billionaire industrialists and the military industrial complex that truly rules this country! They DESERVE THIS AND A LOT WORSE! THESE PUECES OF SHIT ARE SCUM! RAPISTS AND MURDERERS PURE ABS SIMPLE!

every veteran ever is a child rapist

Not to mention baby killer

brainwashed fag here has literally no idea what the hell they are talking about. same kind of person that said they would move out of the US when trump was elected. still here tho.

>Scumbags in uniform

The bait is desperate. Men in uniform are distinguished, honorable, and quite the turn on.

Homie I was in the navy I never fired a shot at anyone. My shipmates and I provided disaster relief to Thailand and Japan following natural disasters, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Some of my best friends were pulling bodies out the ocean after the Tohoku earthquake. Have you ever done anything to help anyone abroad? Didn't think so.

I'm joining the Navy and I'm 19. Going in as a CTN. Any advice?

This is so true, got out of Marines in 07 wasn't comfortable till about 2010
Still not 100% but enough to enjoy most days

They just some fat SJW that thinks they know how the world actually works.

There is a reason people say choose your rate choose your fate. Hopefully they have open advancement.

you got a cushy job. Do what you are told, keep your hair cut, face shaved, boots shined, never be late, etc and you will make rate fast.

its all about feigning 'give a shit' levels. if someone never has to chew you out, they notice

You have no concept of the value of a dollar, of which you claim isn't well spent.

Been there too, its like fuck what do I do with my life now?? I would say try to do hobbies or as many things as you enjoy, keep yourself busy. Find other vets to talk with....
That helped me personally, you can be in a room full of your best friends before you enlisted and feel completely alone

There is no such thing as a bucket of steam, prop wash or __ feet of gig line.

>you can be in a room full of your best friends before you enlisted and feel completely alone.

This sums it up greatly

Yeah, exactly. They don't know shit.

Remember the advice they have you in basic: just keep pushing through. You know who else has good advice? Those anti bullying groups: it gets better.

Don't ask for an Dickhead "insert Acronym".

People will tell you to go ask a specific person for this one, the acronym is usually that person's position. like LPO leading petty officer.

you sound like a butt hurt shit bag that y couldnt enlist because of mental illness and with everything you said, you're clearly sub human and need more help than anyone in this thread

Loser.

here's a few more I learned over the years

Always keep a roll of toilet paper in your locker. They tend to only restock the head's TP once a day. Don't end up stranded on the toilet.

If an underage shipmate is drinking get out of the area. If they get busted you will get NJP'd for simply being present.

The term "Hey Shipmate" basically means "Hey Asshole"

Former 11b here, got out as a ssg(p). I did some math, tracked out my likely career course from where i was until retirement, and realized my trigger time was over unless i left my wife and joined the super friends adventure club.

Peacetime combat arms sucks dick, and combat engineers are shit on more than inf guys in garrison.
At least the inf gets to actually practice their wartime functions in their entirety during the ARFORGEN cycle; engineers are lucky to get the funding to do half their tasks.

68w is a gamble. there is a very real chance that you will never see a line unit during your entire first enlistment, spending your days dealing with fat army wives and their spawn in a shitty army hospital.