Why do you insist on infecting the real world with your bitter sexism Sup Forums?

Why do you insist on infecting the real world with your bitter sexism Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/5076781/chapters/18606448
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why are you a shitposting cuntface?

It's not like she wrote the script, she's just the movable prop that says the lines, i don't know why anyone is asking her about this

She is the voice of a generation

mary sue isnt reserved to women

>MTV news host (((((((Josh Horowitz)))))))

>"so daisy, what do you think about the criticism that rey is a mary sue?"
>"well josh, i don't even know what mary sue means but it must be sexist, also i don't even understand my own character"

He's a good interviewer.

>mary sue
>doesn't know characters can be a gary stu

Completely missing the point of it all. The point is Luke, a man, did NOT have those abilities. He couldn't use the Jedi mind trick without training. He couldn't magically fix the Falcon. He got his ass handed to him by Darth Vader even after he had received a lot of training.
Rey came in and without any training at all was as powerful as Luke was in Return of Jedi, after he'd had years of training. It's not sexist to point out that she was way way way more capable than Luke was in ANH, and in fact this was likely at least in part due to sexism because they can't make female characters as vulnerable or flawed as male characters.

weren't the terms Mary Sue and Marty Stu invented by a female Star Trek fan?

If feminists were half-legitimate then Mary Sues would be something they'd complain about. Refusing to give female characters any flaws makes female characters less interesting than male characters. Male heroes have flaws, they have weaknesses, they get their asses kicked and they have to be rescued. That's why they're interesting, but we can't do that to women because "muh strong woman!!!" which means female characters like Rey aren't nearly as good as male characters like Luke

Mary Sue is the name of a real character which the trope takes its name from.

>gendering a noun

>I don't know what this term means
>I'll just say that term is sexist and act offended
>If I'm a victim it means that I'm right!

FEMINISM!
No thought thought required.

No actual debate required, "DAS SEXIST" is good enough! Your opponents lose immediately because society is on your side damn it's great to be liberal in the current year!

Can't they see that when everything is sexist, nothing is sexist? Jesus fuck!

Luke had the same capabilities? I loved Force Awakens and liked the Rey character, but that's just bullshit. Luke had a good and somewhat innocent heart, but he was also an entitled brat that found himself way over his head most of the time. He was gifted in the force, but was not yet able to use those gifts very effectively until the very end of the film. And then it was mostly a mental matter, a way for him to find the focus and timing to take down the deathstar.

Saying that Luke and Rey were basically the same is idiotic.

>people who claim to hate labels are always the first to label others

What did human beings mean by this?

This fucking sub is so awful now.

Jesus christ.

Welcome to arguing in the current year. Instead of addressing the point that Rey is a poorly-written character, just call her critics sexist in an effort to silence them.

>Also btw Mary Sue is a GIRLS name. Sexism much?

really? Didn't know that, which book/show/movie/ is it from?

Pretty much, it sounds like she doesn't understand the criticism. The criticism is that her character was written differently than a male character would have been written (ie, her character was perfect and flawless and could do everything), so she just takes it as her character is criticized because she's a woman.

>"I think Rey is incredible vulnerable..."

Who wrote this shit?

Muh sexism is a retarded argument.

Even with force powers she it is unrealistic that she knows as much or even more about the M Falcon than Han Solo

That she beat Betavader just proofs what a shitty villian he is (and Rey is way to powerfull)

I do wonder how much of this is her Mary Suing, versus just the new writers wanting their movie to be more badass. It probably does have something to do with gender, since feminists would bitch if she had any flaws, but it could also just be 40 years of power creep. For example the Death Star thing is now a planet instead of a small moon.

Luke wasnt the chosen one

Because I'm a man...

Sorry Daisy, you won't get you sit on my face now

It's okay Daisy you can still sit on mine. At least until I can get pic-related to do it

and rey is?

Of course

retard

Is she /ourgal/ ? She does have nice feet as well.

I wish she would have been in Hunger Games instead of what's her name.

Prepare to be btfo by 8 and 9

>rey, the real successor of anakin skywalker beat kylo ren with anakins own superior saber

Its pure poetry

the new movies might as well be fan fiction

George started 7 with arndt before selling it to disney pleb

and it was way different from what it isnow

>muh teenage children/grandchildren characters
>muh diving around the death star wreckage with probably some bigger fish
It would have been terrible

It's okay, I noticed your bait.

She's a worthless cunt.

Mary Sue was the name of the protagonist from a Star Trek fan-fiction from the 70s.

Pic related.

sounds like rey is a mary sue, kek

Rey is the definition of a Mary Sue.

I SAID THE SEXIST WORD I WIN THE ARGUMENT GO FEMINISM!

Luke did it for revenge he had nothing to go back to

archiveofourown.org/works/5076781/chapters/18606448

>Mary Sue is a sexist term
>because it describes a female
>ma'am is sexist
>mom is sexist
>she is sexist

Christ what a dumb cunt what's with these people not just keeping their retarded mouths shut and being grateful for their positions instead of opening up and showing people how dumb and infantile actors are?

you dont know that and its like tfa was any good

>everyone was saying Luke had the exact same capabilities

He literally didn't.

Why do the jews fund the feminists?

So MTV News has been reduced down to reporting on Sup Forums memes that are almost a year old huh?? Well guess i can't be surprised about that

Weakened host means lessened immune response.

It weakens the white men eventually turning the women away, killing said culture. Feminism is the poison of unity. It's perfect.

Was jesus christ a mary sue?

>a year old
Yea, that's true...

Yes.

>The Mary Sue thing in itself is sexist because it's the name of a woman

George was pissed because Disney didn't use any of his ideas

You are all sexists and she is right. Did you all forget when Luke defeated Darth Vader and the Emperor with absolutely no training in the first film? Remember when the sand people tried to knock Luke out but he kicked the shit out of them before Obi-wan could intervene? Remember when he told Han how the Millennium Falcon works?

He never even stuck to his own finished films let alone ideas

And actually rey was in the earliest drafts circa 2012

Remember anything negative being named after a women is sexist.

english is adding too many specific terms

No such thing
Precision is good.

>tfw you realize Wesley Crusher fits all those traits perfectly

Prophetic much?

>"Luke had the same powers"

Not even after three movies could he do the shit Rey did

wow

i know actors are usually stupid but this is like advanced retardation