*tips fedora*

*tips fedora*

Explain to me why this quote is a bad thing.

>Rape Me? Uhhh, it's an ANTI rape song, duhdoi!
Yeah, fuck him.

*tips MAGA cap*

The meaning of the words isn’t bad. The obnoxious virtue signaling is.

Kurt grew up in Washington, and was a genuinely liberal guy. It probably wasn’t to sound holier than thou.

his drummer was an AIDS DENIER

>implying he had any reason to think there were people like that at his shows and buying his albums
>expects people that hate homos, women, and blacks to go "oh ok, sure thing boss, whatever you say, bye"
>implying it isn't just a transparent virtue signalling PR stunt to try to convince the public he's the "good guy"
>implying it isn't just some empty self-congratulating bs, and that he doesn't have his head up his own ass.

>It probably wasn’t to sound holier than thou.
It definitely was.
The only way it wouldn't sound like that is if there was an actual epidemic of people harassing blacks, women, and gays at his shows, which there wasn't.

It was so brave of him to bury this in the liner notes of an album only a die hard fan would purchase.
Really getting the message out there.

Good boy, come to mommy for your reward

I don’t think Kurt cared enough about what the general public thought of him to do that. He wanted to stay underground. Keep in mind, saying this back then wasn’t automatically looked at as a good thing. I just think he was a lib, but to each their own.

kurt cobain is no elliot smith so i dont really give a fuck

Bitch fucking killed him. Although he would’ve OD’d eventually.

What a massive faggot

No she didn’t. Zero proof

>I don’t think Kurt cared enough about what the general public thought of him to do that.
>He wanted to stay underground
wew lad

>I just think he was a lib
So a holier than thou douche obsessed with image?

You're just giving him what he wants.

While Kuck was shooting up writing homemade feminist zines Courtney was getting busy with a REAL MAN.

I'm so thankful that he's DEAD

Nigger please.

>man
Men actually. Not just one.

This thread is showing the real reason he killed himself because of stupid people liking his music and thinking theyre badasses even though they never did anything except watch tv in their life

you're confused

you really have no fucking perspective on who the dominant moral guardians were in those days

i wonder if in a drug induced haze courtney raped her sexy ginger bassist. brb gonna go fap

At this point I have a request for you. Since you hate people of a different color, please do this one favor for me - leave me the f**k alone! Don't come to this board and don't make any posts.

I do actually and am old enough to have been there you dope

then you should know that there's a huge difference between making a statement like that in those days vs virtue signalling about it today after they can already get married and shit

You're all being retarded. This statement wasn't that deep. He's just letting hateful people know he doesn't fuck with them. I would say this, too. If you have prejudiced beliefs, get the fuck away from me. That's not me virtue signalling. That's me letting people know where I stand, and who I stand with. And it's not some huge PR, virtue signalling stunt either. It's just a statement. I'd argue that saying this today would have the same effect in America, simply because of the political turmoil in this country.

You’re gonna get Sup Forums morons shitting on you for this so just wanted to say thanks for saying something remotely sensible

no, you're overestimating, i don't think it's deep, i pretty much agree exactly with what you said, he just wanted to set the record straight on where he stood regarding this.

Because fans are gonna still buy his records homophobic or not

>If you have prejudiced beliefs, get the fuck away from me
kek

yeah no shit, that's why he wanted to say it

Death the all homosexuals. Thank you Kurt Cobain (pbuh)

He wanted to say it because it's so ineffective?
So what would he achieve from it besides image?

because faggots and niggers are too cool for plen cobain

i don't know maybe he had an opinion and didn't want those people to think he was their buddy, simple

nah he was a try hard who did all kinds of weirdo shit to protect his image

people who were close to him said he was fame hungry as fuck

On the fucking dot

I mean you don't sign to a major record label to stay underground

oh yeah, anyone who denies this is retarded, he didn't happen by accident, that's ridiculous. that doesn't mean he wasn't expressing a genuine sentiment.

lmao
He didn't even know if "those people" exist
This is so fucking dumb.

>if you have prejudiced beliefs get the fuck away from me
The problem with this mentality is that you have to define what is and isn't prejudice. It's not prejudice in America to be concerned about latynx rights, but it is prejudice to be concerned about white rights.
Just be aware of your own prejudices is all I can ask for. Personally, I invite all people of all philosophies to engage in discourse, but you you're allowed to shut people's ideas down, it is a free country after all :)

i don't see what point you're trying to make. kurt didn't know racists exist?

>I can’t stand being around people that think differently from me
>you’re wrong if you grew up being beat up daily by black people and as a result have a natural prejudice against them
Grow the fuck up

*kills self leaving baby daughter without a father*

Such a heroic, moral man.

wow being a minority sucks doesn't it

Seen the video of him doing heroin next to his infant daughter? He’s a scumbag. Makes his statement twice as embarrassing

i know you're probably gone but let's try
>you're wrong if you grew up being beat up daily by *insert group that beat up kurt daily* and as a result have a natural prejudice against them

>*insert group that beat up kurt daily*
>implying that actually happened

tiddies

Whites are not a persecuted group in America.

consider it a thought experiment regarding your own apparent experience as a minority

There are no persecuted groups in America.
But whites are the only group you can openly shit on with no ramifications.

There's a reason the go-to insult is "cracker", and that you find it amusing.

>thought experiment about some inane bs
Oh yeah, I'll totally think about whatever that means

Because my massa crack de whip 250 years ago
real funny lad.
I'm still roflmaoing all these centuries later

ive never even seen kurt interact with a black person

>talks about being beat up daily by blacks like it's a normal white experience then writes off the same concept as a lie

You haven't done any research, not sure what to say except don't talk about things you don't actually know about.

>sexist racist homophobic nirvana fans beat Cobain (a fucking straight white male) up every day growing up
>the same concept as blacks contributing to their statistics

You already know being a minority is terrible. Connect the dots.

Oh, sure I'll do some research then
*huffingtonpost.com*
wew lad, I see the US government has gulags in Iowa that turn black people into corduroy jackets. This is Trump's America *kneels for the millionaire footballers*

Under black rule maybe

True Ameritism is getting mad at blacks for being really good at sports but not getting mad at billionaire team owners for being good at exploiting capitalism, and then voting to tax yourself instead of them.

Me either fucking tv must be broken

There's nothing wrong with it, alt-righters are whining just like SJWs like they usually do.

>getting mad at blacks for being really good at sports
no one does this
>not getting mad at billionaire team owners for being good at exploiting capitalism
Why should they?
>voting to tax yourself instead of them
They vote to lower all taxes, because equality is important.
True Americtism®

>trying to belittle someone who was suffering from depression and committed suicide because "hurr durr u left people who cared about your behind"
Fucking implode yourself.

Thank you for writing my strawman for me, user

>defending a junkie who has a baby and continues to be a junkie
jump into a volcano, please, thanks.

>nobody can genuinely express a moral concern without virtue signaling

unghhhh

"I don't like you because you have a different worldview from me and I literally can't stand to be in the same space as that" is not a moral concern, it's liberal hogwash bullshit.

>i can lie infinitely about bad people

You just have to see it to believe it

I don't even know what you're saying

He doesn't want that in his fans. It's not like he's asking his office building to be cleansed. Either way, it'd be reasonable.

Most everything that Sup Forums accuses libs of doing, they're equally or even more guilty of. From safespaces to sensitive snowflake syndrome to pseudointellectual echochambers of neckbeards to sperging in public. Read the Youtube comments of your favorite skeptic and see the trash that you surround yourself with before you call someone else's house a dump.

I bet you get really upset when people try to tell you your experience is invalid because blacks can't have power or some bullshit like that.

What does any of this have to do with Sup Forums? What is wrong with you? If you think anyone that disagrees with you is Sup Forums you have mental issues.

that is the literal definition of a moral concern. most people would agree that he has every right to tell a nazi to fuck off and not buy tickets to his shows, so why doesn't he have the same right to tell people who hate women and black people to fuck off and not buy tickets to his shows?

it's a genuinely courageous move, and if you can't tell why the term "virtue signaling" doesn't apply in the fucking 1990s then i don't know what to tell you

All of this is wrong. He hated the band getting popular to the point jocks showed up in the crowd.

No one said this kind of stuff back then, so it was novel

>jocks
Because all jocks are bad because he was bullied by a few jocks in school. But if I was bullied by blacks in school and ask blacks to stay away I'm racist and an asshole. Gotcha. Impeccable logic you libtards have there.

If you think any time someone calls you something its because thats what they call everyone, you have mental issues. They're called social skills because you have to practice them.

>implying he had any reason to think there were people like that at his shows and buying his albums
there obviously were when he got incredibly famous

>expects people that hate homos, women, and blacks to go "oh ok, sure thing boss, whatever you say, bye"
who thinks he expected that?

>implying it isn't just a transparent virtue signalling PR stunt to try to convince the public he's the "good guy"
this doesn't apply in the 90s when this shit was accepted

>implying it isn't just some empty self-congratulating bs, and that he doesn't have his head up his own ass.
>somehow fucking implying that this shit was widely accepted and even encouraged at a time when homophobia and racism was pretty accepted

lol

No but they were both murdered by their girlfriends

In other words prejudice is bad

'gotcha' that's cute. Of course he's not perfect, the point is, normals he considered followers of what's trendy. You can pick holes in that as well, who gives a fuck

Bringing us right back to the original post and the original point: Kurt was a retarded virtue signaling hypocrite.

You're comparing a race to a vague slang term based on behavior. For all you know "jocks" could mean "assholes who bully people" in Kurt's or 's mind. Regardless, Kurt never asked jocks to stay away from his shows, only racists and homophobes.

>I don't like this group of people because of their behavior
>I don't like this race of people because of their behavior
Literally no difference.

Who was he prejudiced against?

Why would you want to be around someone racist if you hate racism? That’s a much bigger thing then “oh I disagree with this person on taxes”.

>gay guy is getting stabbed by homophobe
>Kurt Kobain: "please don't stab this man"
>You: "wow, nice virtue signaling you lib-tard cuck"

ok

ITT: people who think guilty of being white was about white pride

Not him, but... it's Sup Forums. I'm pretty sure Sup Forums is the biggest board on the site, and they leak everywhere. It's fair to suspect that anyone on Sup Forums who's being a little alt-right SJW crybaby is probably a Sup Forumstard.

>I don't like you because you have a different worldview from me and I literally can't stand to be in the same space as that
Depending on the "worldview," this is entirely justifiable. Any decent parent wouldn't want to associate with a person thinks there's nothing wrong with pedophilia.