I seriously need some advice. My girlfriend broke up with me. I still think about her and now I am at the crossroads...

I seriously need some advice. My girlfriend broke up with me. I still think about her and now I am at the crossroads. We've been together for 6 years, she was my first and only in almost everything except kissing and handjobs, we broke up two months ago. We had basically no contact except small phone calls on Christmas.

Lets fast forward to the last monday. Now I've ran to a girl at work. Physically she reminds me of my ex gf, blonde, blue eyes with smart, beautiful smile, just fucking gorgeous girl, she smiled and said hi but that was it because I am a pussy faggot despite being 6'4 and athletic. I told my friend about her and he acted like a wingman and stopped her in the hall and made a small talk with her and then introduced us but I acted like a fucking silent moron and did nothing again. For some reason my brain executes windowsshutdown.mp4 when I am around her and I feel happy. I want to ask her out the next monday but I don't know.

Is this just a coping mechanism of my brain to lust over and genuinely want to connect with this girl on a deeper level so much? I usually feel very deeply of my ex gf and I miss her, there is even a sense of wanting to get back again, yet when this girl is around I am losing it. Pic somewhat related, looks like her.

You got hurt by your last and your afraid of getting hurt again. Time to man up and put yourself out there again and risk pain. The other option is to be an unloved betafag

>stopped her in the hall
how old are you, op?

I am 29, we both work at hospital.

I am more concerned about the brain freeze. I am relaxed and have no issue talking to girls but she just smiles and I turn into a fucking Homer Simpson. Asking her out is like going to a dentist at this point and I am afraid it's just a coping mechanism to my ex gf, who also wants to go to a lunch or dinner and catch up with me.

What do you do at the hospital and what does she do? Find a reason to talk to her.

it's time to move on, there is no reason to keep hanging on to something.
Why did you and your ex broke up?

We work in different wings, she works in the intensive care department and I in operating theater, both pediatry, we are both tenders. I know she studies uni, I work at the hospital because I wanted to see the operating theater and I am going to quit soon.

Because her parents have a fucked up marriage and she couldn't handle the stress of that, her work, and maintaining our relationship at the same time. It may sound weird but I still love her despite not thinking about her at all when this girl shows up. Now I am feeling like a 15 years old faggot.

That her?

No she is blonde, but equally hot.

a classic

Got nudes of her?

Lurk moar.

Don't go to lunch with your ex. I went through a similar situation. Ex broke up with me, stopped thinking about her for months on end, would even avoid seeing her. We ended up seeing each other and she started to talk to me and ask me about life. Sadly I still had feelings and more "friends" i became with her the more I was thinking of her.. Got to the point couldn't handle it any more and asked her what she wanted... She said just friends.. Told her I couldnt do that and stopped contact with her. I really think being with your ex can be very toxic, especially when you care about them then they care about you. Put yourself first man, ask this new chick out.. You are lucky man you found a girl who makes you completely think differently. Go for it bro. Fuck this chick and move on to the amazing things that are to come. Good for you bro.

Murder both of them and then they will always be with you.

Get yourself a copy of Corey Wayne's book "How to be a 3% man"
Shit changed my life after a perfect one cut ties with me
I figured out women and dating because of Coach Wayne, seriously. Its worth your time.

You are just lusting after new girl to get over the old. What you do with that info is up to you.

You know..... This was a seemingly insignificant comment. But.... I really needed to read this. Thanks.

This man has the right idea bud. It's easier than it sounds. I'm. In the same boat. But we have to really want to heal for it to get the ball rolling.

Now that's just great. I might add that my friend was talking to her while I stood here like a faggot and he said
>well my friend here asked me who is that girl at your department she is very hot
and she just smiled and left.

Thanks user.

Be thankful you have experienced such love.

>brain shuts down around her
This is a typical reaction to being attracted to someone. Part of this is rooted in your ego. You feel as though you are deserving of a woman of this caliber but are afraid to lose, as it will make you reevaluate yourself. These details are largely unnecessary.

Perhaps you should reconsider returning to relationships so soon. Go clubbing. Get a tinder. Sleep with a few other women. If this girl is still special afterwards, she is unique. However, I feel you are looking to fill the shadow of your ex.

As a side note, I would also advise against hitting on fellow employees. Especially at work. Even if it works, the chance of risking either of your jobs is too high.