So, the past season of Game of Thrones sucked. The last season will probably suck as well...

So, the past season of Game of Thrones sucked. The last season will probably suck as well. Are there any other decent fantasy shows worth watching? (Not to be confused with sci-fi.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bX-h8CrIyyY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

haters gonna hate
youtube.com/watch?v=bX-h8CrIyyY

nope

:(

Idk why but last season they went full fan service. everything the fans wanted happened, which sucks for such a show

Bump

Britinaia or something is the new GoT sub show at the moment.

still waiting for The Wheel of Time.

Thanks for the tip!

If you had said this to me after season 6 or earlier seasons, i would have spit in your face and fought you tooth and nail. I love GOT with all my heart, but with that heart heavy I have to agree with you. Without the strong backbone of Martins books, the show has degraded into a basic fanservice laden fantasy bs show. After such strong seasons previously, seeing how far it could fall in a mere 7 episodes made me sick to my stomach. I will not be watching season 8, i have decided to wait for the books to come out to finish the story of Westeros for me.

Man, I didn't even know that they were turning that one into a show. Sad to read that Sony's behind it.

>Sad to read that Sony's behind it.
my thoughts exactly. I don't know how a company can get videogames so right and movies so wrong. Let's hope that Ghostbusters taught them something. I will feel really bad if they fuck up WoT.

Disagree.

I hope that never happens.
It was a good series in the beginning, kind of got stale at the end.
But, I don't think any production company could do it right.
it would be cheap low budget crap like the sword of truth.
just let it be.

Of course I want it done right. The state of special effects today makes anything possible, even for tv (if the will and moolah are there).

I've heard that Sony Pictures is a bitch to work with. Paul Feig gets a lot of hate for Ghostbusters, but the studio basically tore like three scrips apart, leaving him with nothing to go on. The Spider-Man movies supposedly always came with the same note: add more villains.

Well that sucks.

I respect your opinion and I'm happy that you enjoyed it.

The Shannarra Chronicles are decent
it dealt with Brooke's tendency to write every book in a series with the same plot by combining all books into 1 series
but it gets fairly heavy handed SJWy in places

I thought that was horrible. Hercules-styled NZ stuff (I love NZ, don't get me wrong) that seemed rushed and disjointed.

Read or listen to the books. They are the reason the early seasons were good, and they are fucking amazing.
There's a reason the show went to shit when they ran out of books.

cory in the house

completely agree
unfortunately SC is also the best current in production
high fantasy has never been a go to genre for TV producers
and the bulk of what has been made is based on Arthurian legend
I'd love something that is well written and acted with good pacing and has decent special effects
but I don't see any of that happening any time soon, especially with how popular GoT was

i think vikings is pretty good

yes
but it is more historical fiction than high fantasy

As soon as I seen Crixus was in it I want to check it out. Thanks.

Sometime we'll get it. GoT opened the door, I think, to bigger and better things (for High Fantasy's regards).

It is good. Historical and not fantasy, but good nevertheless.

Supernatural was good for the first like 5 or 6 seasons IIRC. Twilight zone is supposedly great too.