ITT: games you would like to see remastered/re-done

ITT: games you would like to see remastered/re-done

Not bad, never played under a couple years ago though when I was feeling nostalgic and had this recommended to me

Easy

Never played, story?

I just want my goddamn sequel.

But y tho??

Goddamn right, that game was something man

The original fallout games on PC remastered into first person would be awesome

Because it was a good game, and the ending teased the shit out of us.

"They'll be back, with more guns and more soldiers."

Leave good things alone and move on. I dont want to play anything modern developers make, especially with my precious memories.

Alright, but this is going to be a long one.

King Rhobar of Myrtana united most of Humanity and is now in a War against the Orks (which are an almost human-intelligent Race in this Universe, less Advanced but over 2 Meter tall Mountains of Muscle in this Universe). To defeat the Orks the King needs a Magical Ore to forge special Weapons that are able to easily cut Orks to pieces.

But this Ore is only found in the Mountains that are near overrun by Orks already and on the far Island of Khorinis which Valley of Mines now became a Prison Colony. To further make sure that the Prison is secure the King send part of his Mages(which are also Priests of the God of Humans) to Khorinis to create a Magical Barrier, but something disturbed the Ritual and made the Barrier much larger, trapping the Mages in the Prison Colony whos Prisoners now use the confusion among their Jailors to Riot and take control.

With no other choice left but to submit to the Prisoners the King now sends everything they demand (food, alcohol, drugs, women) and they supply him with magical Ore by exploiting everyone that freshly gets thrown in.

But not everyone is content making a living off the King, two Groups splintered from the so called Old Camp with its Ore Barons, the Watermages of the new Camp want to gather Ore to destroy the Barrier while a Digger got a vision from a mysterious deity, slowly forming the brotherhood of the Sleeper in the Swamp, constantly trying to awaken their newfound god that promises them Freedom.

Now you get thrown into this mess, having to choose one of the Camps. ITs an Action-RPG similar to TES but the Worldmap is handcrafted and all NPCs have daily routines, people get angry if you draw your weapons in front of them and Enemies have different behaviours, some even threaten you to retreat before attacking.

Corrected

Well good news user they are in the works of a remake!

This game was super legit, not a bad choice

>I dont want to play anything modern developers make

I agree that the industry obsession with remastering old games instead of championing new, fresh IPs is mindnumbingly irritating, but I disagree with not playing anything by a modern developer. That's just silly.

Jawoll!

That actually sounds awesome, old pc game or and old console? I’d like to try

Go away FBI

God damn pedos

Its an old german PC game, heard the english dub is atrocious. Also prepare for very eccentric Controls. They went for a system that tries to emulate actual movements, its something you have to learn alongside your character while he learns to fight.

But once you are good at it you can finish the game with a stick you find in the woods. Given you are patient enough. Its still clunky as fuck.

Its on steam though. And it has a Sequel that is actually better in all ways, including an awesome Expansion (Night of the Raven)

I might check it out, thanks user, I will have to look into the English dub though

Keep your hands off of gothic 3 (full of bugs) and especially 4(different developer and worst 60€ I ever spent) though

There is a community made overhaul for gothic 3 in the works however, check out g3csp.de/en for more info

Sure, just wanted to warn you in advance so its not going to put you off while you already have to fight with the controls.

Have another Screenshot too.

When was this released mid 2000s? It doesn’t look that bad/old

Early 2001 from a i think 10-20 People Studio. Some of the Screens i posted are from the reloaded mod though, updating the graphics,
the one with the Pelts and Blue Scarf wearing Dudes is in original graphics though, same as this one.

WTF is this lololol

How long do you think it would take to make a game like that but using today's tech. Almost like a retro rpg where the focus goes into quests instead of graphics

On your own or as a studio? I mean idk either way but I assume with a studio probably half a year because the graphics aren’t THAT bad for the time, on your own though I couldn’t imagine how long

I back this, Gothic 1 and 2 were some of the best games ever made. They just aren't fast paced like modern games which may make it difficult to get into them, but they are great for immersion and the second one has a GREAT map.
My personal on this list though is Arx Fatalis, I love that game.

They need to try again sometime. That last remaster was awful
Wasn't that already remastered?

dungeon keeper

The Story of Gothic wasn't that complex actually. It had some interesting takes with Social Quests here and there but the real Seller is that the implementation of it all is charming. It doesn't take itself too serious unless the situation demands it and rather plays around with nifty ideas in a coherent manner.

>There is this Giant 5 Meter Troll that punches me 20 Meter backwards.
>I have a Shrink spell.
>Profit.

The first thing happening to you is that the Guards of the Old Camp welcome you by punching you in the Face in a ritual they call "baptizing"

Its really more about having fun while staying consequent and remembering that this is an interactive medium and not a Movie. Which in my opinion modern games tend to forget. Who needs 2+ Minute Cutscenes every 30 minutes?!

It’s currently being remastered for PS4 my man

(Gothic Guy here)
Arx Fatalis is great, the idea of having it all underground is quite crafty as a fresh idea that also makes the view distance issue practically disappear.

>Deus Ex (2000)
>Delta Force
>Jet Moto
>Lode Runner
>Unreal Tournament 2004

thanks for making me feel old

I think deus ex and unreal are still too new to be remastered my friend maybe another half decade or so

This shit.

I just loved it all, the casting, the spells the areas the ambience the story, just a great game.
A little iffy in the movements in hindsight but my god, there won't be a game like it in a long time.

They aren't too new, they just got rebooted which is going to kill any chance of a Remaster that simply recreates the old game with current Technology.

Same with Thief, that shitty reboot killed any chance of it getting a remaster soon despite it being an awesome game, defining the Stealth Genre and storytelling by leveldesign.

>the Rick and Morty of gaming

Tomba.

I'd love to see more 2D platformers remade on ps4.

Why do you want to play Daggerfall when Skyrim is a thing?

troll

Because it’s a separate part of an entire series? Are you that young? Scratch that, dumb?

>there won't be a game like it in a long time
The guy behind Arx Fatalis and his studio teamed up to make Dishonored and sequels. The lineage is pretty clear if you've played both. Similar to relationship between System Shock and Bioshock.

It’s in talks my man

all those beautiful backgrounds and floating islands and shit will look amazing

"Someday" I tell myself

i might agree with this most of any on here

Aaaaw yiss. The 3 first Spyro games were the pinnacle of the 3d platform adventure genre, no Mario game comes close. Another game that could be great in a remake and that most people haven't played is Vagrant Story.

In the Hunt

I'd love to see every SHMUP game from earlier gen systems remade. This is such a cool game with a novel theme.

On that note, Mario is the most cancerous series ever, it’s worse than madden

SIXX Shitty

same

Get at me haters

PaCrappa the Crapper

Truth

Morrowind

I’d be happy with either tbh

If GTA wasn’t such a trash ass game then maybe

What do you mean trash ass game

Actually still one of the best games ever made.

that's not even old enough, you fucking idiot

any/all of the old westwood studios pc games.
also betrayal at krondor, space quest

does anyone know where i can find this vid?

I hope someone remembers and agrees, they promised 5 games spanning the human history!!!

Fuck off homie damn

This or heretic

Don’t know what it would look like but this

>re-done

literally just play the sequels, they're all the same game

maybe because most people realize skyrim is the worst garbage tier elder scrolls game

ehhh i wouldnt go that far, id say online is the worst, but skyrim has so much more potential just because of the mods. Not the poster you replied to but i spend way too many hours in skyrim

JUST GIVE ME RESIDENT EVIL 1/2/3 WITH UPDATED GRAPHICS AND LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE!!!FACT!!!

Your comparison is too muddy to have the immediate clarity you're looking for

As a silent hill and castlevania fan, I fucking loathe Konami's handling of their own series

love this game