/relegation/

You may only post in this thread if your team has been relegated this season.

Welcome: Any country, any division, any sport that has a promotion/relegation system

Not welcome: Bandwagoners who only support top teams (especially when they're not even their local team)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1937–38_in_English_football
twitter.com/AnonBabble

which team is yours, OP

Lifelong Lester city fan here. This year was a real disappointment. What's the record for shortest time to go from league Champs to relegation?

At least my backup teams are doing okay, Messi and Ronaldo are both great and cheering for them each week is my current passion.

Swindon Town. Two years ago, we were in the League One play-off finals. Now we're back in League Two.

Feels fucking bad

Still not, but could be. Feeling pretty nervous to say the truth.

Not even in league 2 anymore, if we go any lower, we get to play Darlington again.

Relegation slots only defined in november/december here

/myteam/ is in the relegation spot in our local league, could be facing three straight relegations

It's been an unusually comfortable season, since we have one of the lowest budgets in /ourleague/ (perhaps THE lowest, but I'm not sure) and so we often find ourselves struggling for relegation in May.

Unfortunately, perhaps due to lack of motivation, we've only won 1 out of the last 13 matches. I don't even bother watching the matches anymore.

>Aue
>Swansea
*sweats*

My team in my sport is rock bottom of the ladder but we don't have relegations

Queensland PL?

>struggling for relegation
I meant to avoid relegation. Dumb me.

royal challengers bangalore?

How did they relegate? Their squad sounds better than half of the league on paper.

five managers in a season

i just realised we're 2nd bottom, we're not even the best at sucking this year.

Does relegated to the Europa League count?

No, fuck off.

>tfw your team hasnt been relegated in its 109 year history

panathinaikos or olympiakos?

Got relegated for the first time in the club's history last year. Now we are mid table halfway through the season in the 2nd division.

What do you Euros do when your team gets relegated from top league/isn't in top league to begin with? Do you root for a top league team (not necessarily become a fan and going to games but you want a specific team to win) in addition to your own until your team gets back to top?

We have no relegation here but often times in baseball people will be a fan of their local minor league team in addition to their primary major league team. In some cases the minor league team is more popular than major league teams, for example down in North Carolina the Durham Bulls (minor league) are more popular than any major league team including the closest one in Atlanta, making them a very viable candidate for expansion.

Man City the following season
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1937–38_in_English_football

Check out that fucking parity though

Nothing really changes. There is normally a few teams you hate and don't want them to win anything anyway, whatever league they're in.

I think in a case like Leicester last year a lot of people would have wanted them to win the title race whether their own team was in lower premier or in the championship.

and Blyth Spartans

Not sure how anyone else can compare their situation

>Champions league 7 years ago, including a 3-0 win over Benfica
>Now about to toil away in the second division with tons of debt, an incompetent manager, a chairman that gives 0 fucks and a bunch of young morons as "players"
JUST

Happened to Herfolge in Denmark. Won the championship 99/00 and were relegated the next season.
Coached by Arsenal legend John Jensen.

That glorious Panathinaikos feel

Coventry here lad. We'll meet you there next season.

Damn, where did it all go wrong?

I shouldn't be mad, it's long overdue.

No, when your team gets relegated you are fucked.

>yfw your team hasnt been relevant in europe in its 109 year history

I'm a Middlesborough fan
My life is a fucking mess.
First of all yes I am unemployed and yes I am overweight and yes I eat pies etc
I'm not stupid though, I realise what a terrible shithole this city is.

Being a Middlesborough fan ruins my fucking life.
My next door neighbour is a cute young lady, who is a Sunderland fan. I tried to lose my virginity to her recently by stealing her underpants from her washing line and writing 'Moyes' all over them. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to get rid of Moyes etc but she was very angry.

My life is shit. I walk around the depressing town centre about 3 hours per day and apart from that I watch highlights of our UEFA cup run. I also tried to beat a Spanish man to death a few years ago because he reminded me of Seville but he ran away.