I'm still trying to figure out this scene. Was he confused on what a hatchet is...

I'm still trying to figure out this scene. Was he confused on what a hatchet is, was the audience supposed to put themselves in his shoes, was he questioning Rick's weapon of choice? I don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dDtp0jSF3oM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Savior: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
>Negan: Uhh, hatch it.
Damn... Negan is one of the greatest minds of our time.

A hatchet is no more or less mundane than a knife or a hammer. It's not silly like a shovel. I really don't get the bit. I assume JDM wasn't being silly with the line for his own sake. I am led to conclude that he is mocking Simon. What that leads to I'd like to know..

Rick's signature weapon in the comic is a hatchet so they were reestablishing that in the show.

Simon is a pedantic nerd and sometimes Negan fucks with him by playing dumb.

He genuinely has never heard of a hatchet before

It will be nothing more than Red Machete 2.0. I doubt it was to simply establish the weapon. Then again a knife can't cut off a person's arm.

Negan is basically saying, 'what kind of pussy uses is hatchet? This shit has nothing on Lucille.'

Does Neggles make Coral cry about his eye boo boo like he does in the comics?

I miss red machete.

I appreciate using the hatchet as it is his comic weapon but red machete was best for show.

hmmm this is even better than Negan mocking Simon over being an esoteric Canadian

I assume it's because he's shocked that someone like Rick would be using a hatchet. Neegan know he's a sick fuck, hence him having a fucking barb bat named Lucille, calling it a vampire and all the other retarded autistic shit he does in the show and comics...but Rick is like "Mr. Family Man" or some shit...for him to be carrying around a fucking hatchet it's like...Jesus...a hatchet? I thought he'd just have something a bit more...humane....like a fucking gun and that's it? But a fucking hatchet? That's something VERY personal, when it comes to killing someone. Up until this point he sees Rick as a pussy, so I'm sure the whole hatchet thing threw him for a loop at first...at least that's what I took from his response.

Do you remember what happened to the machete? I don't expect Rick not to toss it and move on from the cannibal thing but I still wonder.

Between that sly grin and the playful way he says 'a...hatchet?' I took it to mean Negan was thinking, "oh shit, really? Thats perfect for what I got in mind" and was just being coy about it. But Simon drained any humor out of the moment by by answering a rhetorical question like a tard

it just sorta dissapeared.

i miss it so

I still think it's this. They're probably going to make Ogg's character just be some canadian hick who drove down to D.C. when the shit hit the fan

does anyone have a webm of the VAMPIRE BAT scene? I love JDM's body language there. It obliterated my imagination as a 4 year Neganfag. He is a top actor.

Negan was supposed to emote and enunciate the line in a contemplative way, as in "Hmm a hatchet... I could use it to get control over Rick" but JDM said it in a funny way so they put in Simon explaining to him what a hatchet is.

I legit dont get it too

Negan is from a part of America where there are no hatchets. He didn't know what it was.

The fact that simon said 'an axe' after negan mockingly asked 'a hatchet?' shows that he was indeed taking the piss out of him for what he called it.

I guess because due to the magnitude of what had just happened, saying that he had some little wood cutting utensil seemed a bit queer to say and overly anal. Just generally weird language for the context

His eye thing is sexy.

jesus christ

I think he was more mocking Simon's word choice. Most people would call it an axe, the word hatchet is more uncommon and even a little antiquated.

I'd crack this up as poor writing but if I liked this show and my autism was flaring up I'd say Negan was just being a cocky asshole.

If anything he meant "A hatchet? We got guns Rick you stupid fuckity fuck fuck fucker"

Negan wanted to make sure he understood Simon correctly. But Simon thought Negan didn't know what a hatchet was.

he was making fun of people that say hatchet

who the fuck says hatchet , everyone says axe

Fuck you Negan I say hatchet.

hatch it negan

why didn amc have the balls to make the villain black?
thats the real question.

Where's the leaked footage of Maggie getting the nigging?

Negan was mocking Rick. It's that simple.

This. He's was giving Simon shit over using a specific term instead of just saying an axe.

Do Americans really call axes hatchets?

Who is this trap?

Friendly reminder Jon Hamm can out-Negan JDM any day.

youtube.com/watch?v=dDtp0jSF3oM

really makes ya think..

I really like this scene and I don't think you can explain it with words. Maybe I'm just an autist but I think I understood it perfectly the first time.

Stopped doing watching this a couple of seasons ago and recently watched some catch up vids. So sorry if this has been asked before but how does corals eye get shot out with him dying? Is that ever explained?

Aniki... I....

Nigger black people are less PC than you. Dats da troof! Morgan is kino. All you need.

depending on the angle of the shot it's very possible to lose an eye directly from a bullet and not get hit in the brain whatsoever
though that's hypocritical to this show's logic where zombies die from getting hit anywhere in the brain and knives can slide right through a skull

thanks for this. I need something to tide me for 2 or even 3 more weeks for more Negan. but nobody can top Comedian. Sorry but Comedian acted the hell out of the season 7 premiere. Only a numale would not be able to see that. Respect a man's talent numale cuck.

I hate how they added music to the opening scene. They released one version first so that is what I was used to. It was more real seeing Negan stare into Prick's eye-pussies with no sound but the spooky birds.

I've never had a piece of film make me vomit before. the glenn scene was too much.

I especially liked the bit of Glenn's scalp hanging off of Lucille's barbs.

What is that bar across the middle?

>was bringing a hatchet a part of your plan?
>uh... hatchet?

Yes. They also call ceiling-brights "light bulbs" and rooty tooty point-n-shooties "guns."

Probably the leaker hiding a watermark so they don't get fired.

Biiiiiitch please

uhhh bane?

Saving people. Killing gooks. The family business.

this

and business is good.