Tfw accepting that you are largely talentless and will never make any music of true worth

>tfw accepting that you are largely talentless and will never make any music of true worth

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7BF9jDdPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Could always become a critic desu

Haha, faggot

i am fighting this so hard user. i'm on the ledge looking down and about to leap. i am good but not great at music. i am right underneath what it takes to truly make patrician music but better than all normies. it sucks

interpreting is generative

being better than the normies isn't good enough

I want to make true art. but everytime I try it's hacky and pretentious

maybe I can do a shit ton of psychedelics or something

Didn't stop Lou Reed.

Start snorting cocaine. You'll go places.

just listen to The Ramones, Mayhem, shit like that and realize that sometimes the most talentless uneducated niggers make the best shit that even starts whole movements. It doesn't really matter, just make some shit and be unique that's the important thing.

>sold all my musical equipment
>every instrument, every midi controller, ever cable; gone
>slowly starting to regret it

dude youre probably in your 20s, relax. You have your whole life to practice and improve like everyone does with their skills in anything

Yeah, to all your friends and family begging for cash and stealing from them.

feels good knowing no one will harshly criticize my non-existent music

This sounds corny as fuck, but don't say "never", say "when". Hone your talents by taking classes and practising until your talent is unquestionable. Let all of the artists that only made a name for themselves in their 30's and 40's be your inspiration, because they exist.

No one is born with "talent". "Talent" is a stupid word that has little to do with reality.

Study, practice and listen to music actively and strive to discover and try out new theoretical concepts and aesthetical ideas continuously.

Challenge your intellect in all and any way possible - Learn to play chess or Go, start drawing more, meditate, excercise, use your spare time to study physics/math/biology/whatever interests you. Increasing your general knowledge of the world and stimulating your brain with non-music-stuff is an often overlooked way of coming out of creative dead ends. It's all just connections between brain cells anyway.

Don't write music for anyone but yourself. If you're not happy with your compositions at this point, view them as practice, let them "rest" for a while and study them intently later.

Ramones was barebones but had fantastic hooks, energy and some really underrated lyrics. Sometimes getting down to basics can help a lot.

hahaha, or he could be... a blogger!

"Here's some albums I've heard before and read books about."

in the age of electronics the ramones approach is pretty useless

>No one is born with "talent". "Talent" is a stupid word that has little to do with reality.

Oh, talent exists for sure, as in some people are good at rendering out whatever aesthetic idea they want, and some are further talented to get inspired ideas even. But yeah it still takes in immense amount of work and time dedicated.

Eh, I personally don't think so, at the very least because it's not been made obsolete.

just a reminder that psychdelics won't make you more creative. people who are naturally creative seek out drugs because it's a different and unique experience, but creativity has no correlation with drug use itself. e.g you have talent or you don't and using psychdelics won't change a thing.

You're both 16 (hopefully). Just fucking off yourselves please.

i dunno isnt there a correlation if so much music is related to drugs? kinda like how gateway drug theory is right in a sense

Noisecore is your friend, if people say your band suck you can always tell em "no shit sherlock" with a smile.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7BF9jDdPI

i guess that it's worth considering what it means to create something of true worth

I'm 24

How do you not know that words like "normies" and "patrician" were used ironically to mock the pretentiousness of Sup Forums. Patrician especially.

Poes Law

None of those two things are talents. Understanding of aesthetics and controlled inspiration/creative flow are both acquired skills. Of course some people need to work harder to learn certain skills than others. I, for example, have som kind of undiagnosed attention disorder. Sitting still and working on projects and setting up goals and plans is something I have trouble with, but knowing my limitations I've been able to work around them in various ways.

Btw, I take talent to strongly imply some innate aptitude, but maybe im wrong in doing so. English isn't my first language.

here's an example of my father's actual self. NOT ME.

This is a fact 99.9% of the population have to deal with.

Sorry, but there are people who can't even carry a tune - can't even find the note, and then people who can not only hear the notes but can tell you what note it is just from listening, and furthermore, some can write great melodies or inspired beats or whatever. You better believe that most people can never do that no matter how much effort they put in. Like, a tone deaf guy is hopeless if he's trying to write songs with any tonality or melody.

I happen to be one of those people with a perfect ear. I can hear a note and tell you what it is. I can hear a song for the first time, pick up an instrument I've never played before, and within a few seconds play you back the song from memory. If I know the instrument I can play the song immediately and flawlessly, knowing the chords, the melody, the emphasis on which notes, etc.

Furthermore, since I was a toddler, I could start very effortlessly drawing things very recognizably, and by the time I was halfway into my childhood I could depict things very accurately, and had drawing mastered around 15 / 16. I didn't have to practice that much, just fucked around for fun and picked stuff up almost immediately, because I can just really really see or hear things very well, it's like an extreme atunement.

But that's not all. I can literally master any style or concept, can absorb whole movements in a couple days and disperse them as I please. I can make up genres on a fucking whim, it's so easy I almost have to force myself to care sometimes.

Meanwhile, growing up, I saw nearly everyone else around me struggling. And while I can see that some people have weaker innate abilities but with some room for improvement, some people - many of them - are essentially retarded in aesthetic or creative ability. Some people are very intelligent in other ways, ways that I'm not, but they can't wield aesthetics to save their fucking life.

this is untrue

I believe none of this

(cont)

But I can only say as one of those assholes with that uncanny ability to just immediately *know* the song and be able to write new parts for it etc and nobody ever had to teach me shit... sorry but 'talent' is a good word for it, because it's like this innate fucking Thing inside you that can just fucking do it. Like a lever. You can feel it there and along with that can see exactly what you're dealing with and also see that others can't sense shit. My whole family are this way. We all describe how we can kind of see the notes in our heads. It's just there, this ability. My brother has abilities I don't even have. When he was a mere baby he was already writing catchy, well-contructed melodies and even whole songs just on the fly. He could pick up on the essence of like a film or tv or music genre and just conjure up a whole story with apt character names covering all the tropes and had very charming theme songs for it that were perfectly in the style of the genre. This was like a fucking 4 year old doing this!

Talent is real. Most people maybe have *some* ability, but not like extreme talent usually.

Well it's true. Sorry. I am being absolutely completely fucking honest.

You've never met 'those guys' who can just do this stuff? That kid in class you hated?

Personally it's a mixture of nature and nurture - you developed your talents even if only for fun fucking around; while others that might have had a fair bit of difficulty might have given up from the beginning. I don't think it's impossible to become good at aesthetics but like everything else there will be those who will be ahead overall from the start.

correct. psychedelic experiences can give you inspiration to create music but won't give you the natural creativity you may be born with.

lmao. do you actually believe everyone is created equal or something?

99% of the musicians you listen to had something musically inclined in their brain from birth.
I taught myself to play piano, play drums and write little tunes when I was 4 years old. and now I have a semi successful soundcloud and people seem to genuinely want to hear my music. It's no coincidence that I had a famous singer and other musically inclined people in my genetic tree

also true rhythm is something that is almost impossible to teach

My brother has played guitar for years but still can't seem to get into the groove of the music. some people just don't have the internal metronome

are you a famous or established musician in any form user? what do you lack that has you shitposting on Sup Forums instead of making a lot of money or getting a lot of recognition?

Yes, but can you beat Madara Uchiha?

Talent isnt a real thing.

t. musician who has been called talented since age 4.
I busted my ass everyday for years playing. I listened, learned, practiced, and explored music because i didnt want to spend my time doing anything else