Am I the only special snowflake who thought Jackman was miscast as Wolverine...

Am I the only special snowflake who thought Jackman was miscast as Wolverine? This guy just doesn't have the antihero kind of menace and intensity about him, his scene in Apocalypse was downright comical.

Pretty much everyone who's actually read the comics knows he's nothing like Wolverine. But he's a cool actor on it's own so who cares, there are much worst actors in the movies.

I never agreed with that casting decision. And I still feel the same 10 years later.

He's far too tall, lean, hairless and handsome to be Logan.

nah I agree. He's too cute. No matter how buff he gets he's never gonna look stocky enough to be him either. Wolverine is not that great as a main character either IMO.

yea it wasn't great casting, but over the decade+ time he's had the role he has made it his own so it's ok

besides who actually gives two shit about Logan anyway

>yfw wolverine is a dumb looking animal

you jelly user?

He's too tall for the role.
He can't achieve the muscular development without some supersterons.

that can kill shit a hundred times its size. that shit is ferocious dawg.

Why am I jelly? Because I said he's handsome?

I thought he was a horrible Logan and I thought Halle Berry was a bad choice for Storm.

I wasn't crazy about the 1st movie. But Jackman was one of the better parts of that movie. I still don't like Berry's Storm.

They're a super predator and we know practically nothing about them.

yes. and you're right, he handsome.

The fuck are you on about

same, berry is a rubbish storm.

This.

Wolverine is a no nonsense badass who uses his built up manlet rage to intimidate anyone in his way. This works better if hes a side character, but because wolverine is the main character in 5 movies he needs to be relateable and be a softy all the time.

Isn't he more nuanced in his solo books?

Knew he was miscast the minute he was taller than Cyclops.

???

He might not fit the comic book one but he created a new version of Wolverine that is plenty good. So do I think he shouldn't be in the movies? No. He's one of the best parts. Do I think he fits the role? He fits the MOVIE part.

I wouldn't change anything about HIM at least. Movies... sure.

totally miscast. He was the 2nd pick anyway, the real Wolverine was supposed to be Dougray Scott but he was still under contract for a Mission Impossible movie that hadn't stopped filming, so they went with Jackman. Scott looked exactly like Wolverine in the comics up until the point when Jackman took the helm, and they started to draw him more like him.

>Am I the only special snowflake who thought Jackman was miscast as Wolverine?
Yes, he's done a fine job over the years.

Will literally kill for the lulz

yeah i remember hearing this, hugh is good but i would have liked to see dougray be wolvie.

Not a fan of Jackman, he's an OK actor, but he can try to appear gritty and unfriendly all he wants as wolverine, it always looked like he tried too hard to look that way. And it doesn't help that, as time goes by, the character was made a caricature more and more

Should have been Rollins

Naw, I agree. Made an unlikeable, homicidal badass into a hunk-type. :P