I marathoned the modern trilogy of Star Trek. Where should I go next? Do I need to watch the show to follow the films?

I marathoned the modern trilogy of Star Trek. Where should I go next? Do I need to watch the show to follow the films?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/6526848/r
strawpoll.me/6572205/r
youtube.com/watch?v=EigIujKxDcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The show is better than the films.

'no'

There films are the pinnacle of space opera

Final Frontier is low art kino.

Watch TOS
Watch TAS
Watch Films 1-6
Watch TNG
Watch Generations
Watch DS9
Watch Films 8-10
Watch Enterprise (it's a mixed bag at best and wasted potential at worst, watch it and formulate your own opinion)
Abrams's Trek is all an alternate timeline/universe, fyi

I was hoping for a chart like this, thanks.

You forgot the best series.

"Hah."

skip ds9 watch voy

>implying it's not underrated

Yeah, I'd recommend watching Voyager too

Literally watch it in chronological order. Why would you do any different, that's the way it was designed for audiences to watch.

So where does Sup Forums stand on the DS9 vs. Voyager debate? Serious question.

>Cinema and/or Kino
Top kek.

Worst advice ever.

I haven't seen much of the original show

Beyond was awful

Once I got into an argument with someone about this but he stopped after someone identified me as female
>implying I'd ever flirt with a DS9>Voy pleb

Serious answer.

strawpoll.me/6526848/r
strawpoll.me/6572205/r

But Jaylah is sexy and adorable!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=EigIujKxDcE

>strawpoll.me/6572205/r
I can't vote for TAS! ;-;

Beyond was better than Into Darkness IMO.

>Watch Enterprise (it's a mixed bag at best and wasted potential at worst, watch it and formulate your own opinion)

I've just finished the first series, it really is a shame how safe and unimaginative it is. If TOS was the wild west, Ent should have been the Age of Discovery, primitive technology, mind-blowing discoveries and terrible mistakes.

Instead it's basically TNG but the transporter doesn't work and translation takes 10 seconds instead of working instantaneously.They essentially follow the prime directive, leading to the exact same plot lines of TOS and TNG. All the aliens are bland monoclutures, humans with forehead ridges. In the 60's they were making more alien aliens.

Archer is alright, but he always seems on the verge of cracking up at his own dumb jokes, he's like a redditor's idea of a cool guy, and the whole crew seems to take his lead, they're bland, competent and good natured, they're mildly interested when they discover a new civilization, and and T'pol is literally designed to be a waiu for autists, the unemotional supermodel wearing skin-tight bodysuit.

Darkness was the worst thing ever so not hard. The real question is whether it's better than 2009, and IMO it is because 2009 was jam packed with too much content, a lot of cliches, and not very much Trek. Beyond has its flaws but it at least tried to do some Trek shit and give the core characters some character.

Cant remember much about that one and the first so they cant have been too hot either

>balance of terror
>not great
trashed desu

These are all valid criticisms of the first, and also the second, season of ENT. Keep watching though, season 3 beats up all those problems, and season 4 makes them its bitch.

>They essentially follow the prime directive
You might like the season 3 episode Damage.

>In the 60's they were making more alien aliens
The Xindi in season 3 are a bit more imaginative than most major alien species (in that they're not a single alien species, for example), but I get what you mean. ENT was more about exploring existing Star Trek in depth, rather than replicating a space Age of Discovery, and that's perfectly acceptable to disagree with.

>Archer is alright, but
Again, in season 3 he develops as a character a lot more. So does T'Pol, and they really make the four of them (with Trip and Phlox) the core of the show. You also get Shran, one of the greatest recurring characters in Trek.

This.
Late ENT is top tier Trek.

I've watched MOST of TOS and I wanna get into TNG. Is there a guide like the one in that I can follow?

just noticed the tinyurl. Ignore me