When will we send man to Jupiter?

When will we send man to Jupiter?

when space becomes real

Yes

Ask around and they might send you to investigate what's it like to live there.

Planning a holiday to Jupiter next week. Will probably bring my finger boxes so I have something to do on the trip.
Pic related my maple finger boxes.

what if gods are too much for us to handle so the government just makes us believe in all this astronomy bs

HURR WHATS A FINGER BOX?

FOUND THE NEWFAG xd

Its a gas giant. Too dangerous. Go to jupiters moons instead.

a box for your fingers

samefag

So just wear clothing that is invinsible to the gases

well done divine dubs

This

jupiter is made of marble, landing there would be too hard

My best guess, sometimes between 2038-2050

Here's my reasons:

Firstly, it'll be either a private American enterprise, the Chinese Space administration, India, or Japan.

This will be primarily for resources, rather than exploration, which will of course be a secondary objective.

China, India, and Japan all have severe dangers of water shortages as well as other scarcities in other minerals/resources. The asteroid belt and the Jovian system represents astronomical deposits of water that could prove highly valuable/vital for the continued survival of their respective nations or any space colonies they might have by then.

Isn't too expensive?

You fucking bet it is. But so was nation building in Afghanistan, or policing waters off Somalia against pirates. Just because it's hugely expensive is but a small obstacle in the face of losing power (looking at you, CCP) or the survival of a nation state.

It may even happen sooner, but the point is one of these will get there and monopolise it before anyone else can. Personally, my money is on either India or Japan.

only if you wanna get more stupider

OH, FUCK! KEK!

Never. It’s lethal to life as we know it and radiation blasts far in to space around it. One of its moons looks interesting though and is outside of that radiation belt. Potentially an ocean planet Europa.

reason?

Water shortage. For real ?
Yes ofc they will have shortage of water under ground they can drink, but it is WAY cheaper to purify salt water then get the shit from Jupiter
Rest i agree on, just not your time frame. Maybe they will send robots up there in that time frame, but humans will be a waste of time and resources

>India's colonies on Jupiter
designated shitting moons?

Kek. You never heard of water filters?

how about water purification?

That's why the whole world drinks safe filtered ocean water. Pfftt.. fucking dumbasses

I do have further reasons to support my argument. Sure, it is indeed cheaper to make do with other means of acquiring water here on Earth, but what happens when some of these countries start to lean towards protectionism? What happens when some of these countries are looking for other resources in the area that are rare on Earth, but common in the Jovian system? Also, it would be a means of securing future investment. If you grab the realestate in an area that's going to eventually be crowded, you get the privilege of setting prices and dictating supply.

As soon as we build a giant drill strong enough to break through the firmament AKA never.

We just have to build a big enough, padded bullet for the trip. And build a fucking big slingshot for the start up. Eazy, peazy.

Never. It's pointless. Even the potentially valuable resources floating in its
clouds would be hard to exploat as its gravity is way higher than Earth's.

Probably we just land on one of its moons and call it a day. It's a far better deal.

Only if we convince the gov we found oil on such and such planet lol?

Moons, asteroids and comets are much simpler, cheaper and profitable

Jupiter can fit over 1000 Earth's inside of it. It is so enormous that if we put every living person ever to have been on Earth to wander within the planet,you would never meet anyone else because they would be too far away to find.

Those clouds of swirls and waves are bigger than earth. You would see nothing but one solid color for a few days, then the color would gradually change and you wouldn't notice. It is literally hostile to life anyway, and even if there were a rocky surface deep inside, the pressure would be so great that no human could possibly pump blood or breathe. It is likely there is a huge ocean of compressed liquidous gasses deep inside. You would sink into a gradient ocean and not even know it until the pressure destroyed your ship.

>huge ocean of compressed liquidous gasses deep inside
Just like OP’s mom.