I don't get the hype

I don't get the hype.

cuz your not black

Listen to it again

this

you see user, rap is really slow to evolve because it's full of room temperature IQ morons, so when rappers do shit that would have been very commonsensical in other genres such as rock, it seems brilliant.
classic big fish small pond scenario.

you have to be an intellectual to get it.

>AYO NIGGUH MUG MUHFUGGIN DICK NIGGUH MUH NIGGUH DICK AINT FREE NIGGUH AYO IM BLACK IM BLACK AS FUCK YOU DON'T KNOW NIGGUH UHH UHH UHH
Neither do I

which song is that

You sound like a pretentious asshat

The "this dick ain't free" part is from "For Free? (Interlude)".
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand To Pimp A Butterfly

*burp*

all of them

Name another album that uses a poem as the basis of its narrative before TPAB

tunes are good and varied
all songs contribute to the overarching themes and deliver a narrative
lyrics often have multiple cheeky entendres, references and interpretations
hes pretty self aware and nuanced about his views and his own hypocrisy, which is a fucking rarity these days, especially with musicians

over all its just really well crafted, i keep coming back to this album and i always find some neat shit i didnt notice before

this but now unironically. if you dont get this album youre probably actually stupid

and.......?

lol

Just start it from hood politics and go from there

And what else, I said name an album

Daily reminder to never believe the hype

A Love Supreme by Coltrane

You dumb cunt

is antny fantany black

dude theres literally, yes literally, thousands of albums that do that, fucking educate yourself and metastasize some damn taste bruh

>"literally, yes literally, thousands of albums"
>not listing any
lelel

no, but he wants to be black

you dont have to be black you just need an ounce of intelligence and the attention span to read thru the lyrics

Thanks for the answer I've seen that posted here but never checked it out because I assumed it was a meme or overhyped

If you listen to How Much a Dollar Cost or Blacker the Berry and 'dont get it', you're just an idiot.

>praises TPAB
>while assuming Coltrane is an overhyped meme without ever having listened to him

the absolute state of Kendrick Lamar fans

Absolutely disgusting

this

fucking hell best post and no replies
yes, sir, you are what mu needs
fucking concrete analysis of something

stop posting pls

There's a difference between "getting it" and "getting the hype".

listened to it when it came out and it failed to leave an impression that's more than, oh that's kinda neat

album is absolute trash to bad "the culture" is to afraid to admit it because of muh message

> big fish small pond scenario.

fuck vince staples new album is called Big fish theory....any relation?

this

WE

The “for free” criticism is the only one I’ve heard about this album, which makes sense since most people have no idea he’s evoking free form jazz with his flow. It’s cool, if you understand the method behind it.

I REMEMBER BEING CONFLICTED

Celcius or Fahrenheit?