Champions Cup FINAL
>Saturday 13th May 2017 17:00
Clermont Auvergne v Saracens, BT Murrayfield

Other urls found in this thread:

nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11853633
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Rugby_World_Cup_qualifying
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NZwinslol

Ireland and England won't make it out of the pool stage. Cap it.

you need to spoiler that shit kiwi

So what's the official reason they make the draw 2.5 years beforehand? Do NZ need that long to find the money for the hotel?

Saturday for SA A Championship (also valid for WCQ)

Chile x Brazil
Paraguay x Uruguay

Spoiled your mum's shitter last night, son.

Well the ABs have to stay right to the end.
It's a lot cheaper for you lot.

B U R N

Ireland got a nice group.
SA might turn around or be completely dead by 2019
Wew at England though I think France will get knocked out
/our/ group is nice too

saved to my kiwi 'banter' folder

rugby is gay

You have a kiwi banter folder?
Jesus son, take that BSK dick out of your mouth for a sec.

A: 1- Irelands 2- Japan
B: 1- Aotearoa 2- uMzantsi Afrika
C: 1- Argentina 2- France
D: 1- Australia 2- Georgia

>based hue

>Georgia
>England knocked out
Friendship with Brazil ENDED

I took ur mum uMzantsi

I'm predicting this will be the greatest /rug/ thread in recent times.

>Georgia
Petition to ban Hue"""""bro""""" for his abysmal rugby """""knowledge"""""

I thought posting autistic predictions was his gimmick

Any streams?

Cheering for it. But the problem it's Chile and Paraguay hosting the weekend matches.

>Tekken 7 - 2nd June
>Lions series - 3rd June

>waiting for a tekken game

Scotland

Who is this cutie?

She was the MC at the world cup pool draw. She stole out hearts as they destroyed England's chances.

She's the main character in my rugby anime

Can't wait for the Japs to take a page out of our book and poison the Kiwi's with foul sushi lol

>NRL player can't cut it in french rugby
KEK why is league so shit?

nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11853633

Classic gag

>mfw every yuro team is claiming they're in the "pool of death" in 2 years

It'll be good to see France knocked out in the pools for once. Then nobody will be able to stop >us in the finals.

I'm pretty sure Australia has knocked nz out just as many times as France.

i need to bulk more

mirin

>tfw ireland and scotland battling to become 2nd in the group after losing to nipsland >tfw it will be just to get annihilated by NZ in QTs >''2023 will be our year, ireland for 2023 semifinalist!''

>Sup Forums x destroying the format of my post

fuck, stop adding captchas you fucking jews

how will argentina fare? will be hard against the big fat french and the tough englishmen

impossible to know right now, a lot of young players both coming and already trying to get used to the level of play, team going through a reconstruction and consolidation of tactics, plus traditionally peaking at the WCs which is way preferable than peaking at tours.
It could go either way, Pumas may be top tier everyone piss themselves level or french im not in the mood and cant even remember how a rugby ball looked like tier with the random great game.
But since they so use to peak at WC im trusting the team.

the kiwis are so far ahead atm that if the wc was held tomorrow and there was a case of kiwi sushi poisoning they'd probably still win it.

>Everyone talking about irrelevant World Cup draw
>no one talking about world rugby raising the eligibility threshold to 5 years

i like that, it's tiring when already good NT on top of having the best of an already good pool of players also get the best of all the 2nd tiers.
>tfw no nationalized pieces of shit on the Pumas EVER

Will never understand how the euro teams specially ever feel proud or even happy when their team wins something with foreigners in it.

Because no one can argue with that, it has no side to it, it's just a 100% good and needed change. No real discussion to be had, should be longer if anything.

Exactly

the big nations with their professional leagues will keep attracting pacific islanders and saffas anyway, and many of them will gladly stay for 5 years instead of hoping to become a regular for a country that is thousands of miles away. in the cases of pacific islanders only nationalism can hold them. no big money for test games.

i think only germany will be seriously affected from this

Bundee O'Aki is pure Irish though.

>entire kiwi team in hospital for food poisoning
>a quickly thrown together jet lagged b team still managed to win it all

Even if Scotland and Japan improve between now and the World Cup, they're unlikely to have any giant players. If >we can win the group while avoiding the kind of injuries picked up against the French, and South Africa continues to decline at its current pace, then a semi-final could be on the cards.

Th-that would be nice...

If he displaces garry ringrose he ain't irish to me.
If he gracefully takes up his spot on the bench as a utility back then he's irish in my books.

The problem is greedy kiwi coconuts looking for some scratch in Europe because NZ can't afford to pay them. Residency should be 6 or 7 years and if you've repped someone else, even in league, you can fuck off.

south africa have been formidable in super rugby

the SA rugby decline is a meme

Literally scrape the best super rugby players left and they could win.

Reminder that the Welsh National Rugby Union Team traveled to NZ and got absolutely spanked by the Gallagher Chiefs who had more than half their players missing (see pic related). The Welsh side to play their Chiefs only had nine players deemed not good enough to play the AB's, where the Chiefs 10 of their regular full strength side.

Further reminder that after this embarrassing loss the British and Irish Lions tried to back pedal on their contract which has them playing weakened New Zealand Super Rugby teams mid week. They then entered damage control a year before a game was meant to be played saying they players will be over worked and be unable to perform at their usual strength during the tour.

Northern Hemisphere rugby literally shakes in their boots at the idea of playing weakened Club rugby teams, and us Kiwis know a lot about shaking.

Memerose remains a meme in my book. He's better than the average player and he's got good potential, but he's getting fellated by Dublin media every time a pass from him goes to hand. It's cringe-inducing.

People forget Henshaw is only a year older than him, made his debut far younger, and was a far superior player this time last year to where Ringrose is now. The level of fanfare he's getting is totally unwarranted.

Maybe I have been caught up in the hype but I think there's something to be said for playing actually irish people ahead of blow ins. Yet if we had a better full back I'd have payne at 13 so I dunno.

How autistic do you have to be to keep posting this?

Payne is unironically the best 13 and 15 in Ireland at the minute, although both Ringrose and O'Halloran have the potential to be better players than him in a few years time

>Dublin media
Doesn't exist.

Kingrose is a star in the making.

"In the making" being the key phrase

>O'Halloran
He's overrated.

Lacks the physicality for test level rugby, he's always dominated physically and concedes possession too easily. When he runs out of options he panics or becomes hesitant and kicks it away. Reminds me a bit of Murphy actually in how his test career will pan out.

You'll see it if he's finally selected.

Oh no, I agree, and I'd have an Irish team of O'Halloran, Conway, Ringrose, Henshaw, Zebo, Sexton, Murray, McGrath, Best, Furlong, Dillane, Henderson, O'Mahony, van der Flier, O'Brien.

That said, there are so many people who are only upset about the residency rule now because a) they've invested in the Ringrose meme and b) the project player is from Connacht. They could have handled a Leinster blow in taking Ringrose's spot, or if Aki had taken the spot of some lad from Munster like Scannell. After all, they didn't give a shit when Payne came in and "stole" Marshall and Cave's spot, they didn't care about Stander despite Ireland having a production line of back rows.

Aki is unforgivable though, because he might commit the cardinal sin of displacing the Dubs' golden boy, and he doesn't have the Indo, the Examiner or the Belfast Telegraph to go out to bat for him like a player from one of the other provinces would. At this stage he would have had multiple two page spread interviews about his life and how much he loves Ireland, and a few interviews on Off the Ball or BBC Radio and all the other shit the project players do.

Ringrose has the skillset and physical attributes to be the perfect 13 and has already demonstrated having the intelligence of a player many years his senior.

I agree he has a lot to do but he's going to be a big thing in the future.

Bullshit. Off the top of my head, he's shown his physicality against Toulouse and Wasps this year and Leinster in last year's final. He's well capable of hand-offs and I've seen him take down far bigger players than himself regularly.

I understand what you're talking about, but having been at nearly every Sportsgrounds game since he got back into the starting side, it's not his fault what happens. He's been conceding possession this year because Connacht's breakdown work has been atrocious. O'Halloran's body shape is good and he doesn't generally get himself isolated, but Heenan got so fat this year and McKeon seems like he's nervous every time he's going for the ball, so if Muldoon isn't on the scene, no one seems to contest for Connacht for almost 5 seconds a lot of the time and by the time they go in the penalties gone. It's been happening with all of our back three players this year, and O'Halloran's probably has it happen less often than others (it's constantly happening with Niyi).

I don't know where you're getting the idea that he panics, except maybe the Toulouse game away, but that was primarily because he was the only one trying to make things happen and the clock was against them, so a little bit of panic was justified. He's generally extremely cool under pressure, even when the rest of the team around him is utter dogshit.

>t. O'Halloran

I agree tho

There's a reason practically every international head coach picks solid players at fullback over the snazzier attacking player if that snazzy player lacks the required defensive abilities of defensive positioning and the ability to retain possession.

Smith > McKenzie/Dagg
Kearney > Zebo/Payne (Though not for long)
Halfpenny > Williams
Spedding > Dulin
Brown > Watson/Daly
Hogg is an exception

Granted there are other selection criteria like what players are actually available to a coach, for instance Halfpenny, North, Williams is better than including Cuthbert in any shape or form or when Ireland had few back 3 options this year. And I don't think O Halloran currently has the required qualities.

M8 we aren't gonna get out of group stage.

Go jags tho

Scotland will beat Ireland to top their pool
Argentina will knock out France and come second behind England
Tonga or Samoa will beat Italy and come third in that group
Wales will beat Australia for the first time since 2008. Georgia will also pull off an enormous upset against Oz in a scrum-filled, low-scoring rainy game and come second in the pool.

Screencap this post

Aren't >we "americas 1"

Payne is better both in attack and defense than Kearney tho

I agree I think O'Halloran needs to improve defensively but he's definetly Irelands best project fullback

>When he runs out of options he panics or becomes hesitant and kicks it away
you just described zebo yet no one ever fucking calls him out on it cos muh "flair"

>Payne is better both in attack and defense than Kearney tho
Yeah I agree. That's why I'm very glad for the emergence of Ringrose.

Better wingers and we'll be flying.

Ah yes, I remember that convincing win by the Irish in the 2017 6N against the Scottish team. Very impressive stuff.

i want this to be true

>scotland beat ireland in murrayfield
>ireland were missing payne, trimble, sexton and o'mahony
>they think this gives them power over us

very dicey post, but I think it's muscular enough to have some truth to it.

Adam byrne, jacob stockdale and sweetnham all look very promising.

Man if georgia got ahead of wales I'd cream myself. Never gonna happen though.

>scotland beat ireland
really makes you think

Stockdale has been really impressive and considering he got most of his game time coming off the bench he still managed to score 9 tries 2nd most in the league

I want all of this to happen except scotland
fuck scotland

No you are an automatic qualifier as you finished in the top 3 of your pool
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Rugby_World_Cup_qualifying

I've been more impressed by him than peepootau.
Remeber being impressed by him in the irish under 20's too, same year as arnold and ringrose came of the scene iirc.

Pitty arnold is rotting somewhere in munster behind sailli and taute.

please do not bully us, muscular NZer

i support scotland over a lot of teams, but ireland is not one of them
i wish you were in the death pool instead of france so that you could BTFO england.

Arnold was great I wish Ulster had kept him and sent someone like Marshall or Cave down there

Ulsters 2017 Backline could have been
9. Olding
10. Jackson
11. Piutau
12. Arnold
13. Stockdale (He was better there than Marshall)
14. Trimble
15. Payen

The missing fourth jonas brother?

2019 Team of:

1. McGrath
2. Scannell
3. Furlong
4. Treadwell
5. Henderson
6. POM
7. VDF
8. Conan
9. Murray
10. Carbery
11. Stockdale
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Sweetnam
15. Payne

So this is the power of European rugby.

Your webm seems to be lacking a crucial element....

That second row seems hit and miss. I'd have jackson ahead of the carbs too.

post the 13v2 one

>What the fuck mate

Any good Webms of none of the Yuro teams making the quarter finals of the last WC?

>Amerilard posting

Back to stadiumsit with you

>stadiumsit

explain to me what this is supposed to mean

>none made the quarters
Why do Americans continue to expose their stupidity

Nope