The struggles of not being a normfag

It's pretty miserable to have a taste in music that isn't fucking generic trap or pop. Whenever I hang out with friends who are almost all normfags, I can never enjoy whatever they play. I played death grips once and they all just screeched at me and called me schizophrenic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOubzHCUt48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>unironically likes Deathgrips
>not a normie

You're kidding yourself senpai.

It's pretty easy to get normies into death grips if you start them off with the right songs.

also
>not a normie
>hangs out with normies
hmmm

dude i though Death Grips was norime until my friend asked wtf i was listening to. It's crazy how insular something like this album is even with the millions of views on youtube. People just listen to what's trending on the radio and whatever spotify pushes these days.

Listening to nigger rap man or white pop slut or nigger rap yelling man is the most normie shit on the planet you fucking normie.

I listen to like Post-Avant Jazzcore and progressive dream funk

>having a social life entails having friends
Good god

Music has been frozen in this awful era of meme rap poptamism and refuses to do something new and its been like that for like 5 years. I think we need something refreshing that isnt some ultra nigger booty dance music or white girl slut/feminist pop.

Maybe thats why despacito is big? *shrugs

I think we need a massive shift in the type of music thats popular. I think we need someone to take a risk, i want the top 40 to be like dream pop meets vapor wave, meets shoegaze, i want the top 40 to sound like you fell face first into a water fountain at a mall in the 80's and you can hear the malls music being played over the intercom.

I think this world could be a lot more interesting but people prefer profit over creativity, especially now.

>Critically acclaimed band thats not mainstream in any way
>calls me a normie
Do you even know what that word means?

>Maybe thats why despacito is big?
you must be super fucking retarded if you think that's why it blew up.

>I think we need a massive shift in the type of music thats popular. I think we need someone to take a risk,

Good luck seeing that in the mainstream. The music industry has found what makes money and they're quite comfortable to stick with it. Culture in general is being degraded by out late-capitalist consumerism, and funnily enough this was word for word what was predicted by the Frankfurt school 50 years ago.

>dg
>not mainstream

ahahahahahhaa

aAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

go doesn't even top 100. Get outside your basement more.

they're popular but they're always going to be alternative, not mainstream.

Death Grips are undebatably somewhat underground, are you literally retarded?
I think i'm being trolled

Jesus, stop giving this retard (you)'s already

DG*

Doom metal is the least normie thing a person can listen to, I just happened to show my normie pals death grips

>implying post-avant jazzcore isn't better than progressive dreamfunk
christ pick a side

(OP)
Music has been frozen in this awful era of meme rap poptamism and refuses to do something new and its been like that for like 5 years. I think we need something refreshing that isnt some ultra nigger booty dance music or white girl slut/feminist pop.

Maybe thats why despacito is big? *shrugs

I think we need a massive shift in the type of music thats popular. I think we need someone to take a risk, i want the top 40 to be like dream pop meets vapor wave, meets shoegaze, i want the top 40 to sound like you fell face first into a water fountain at a mall in the 80's and you can hear the malls music being played over the intercom.

I think this world could be a lot more interesting but people prefer profit over creativity, especially now.

The average normie has no idea who Death Grips are you autist. Do you seriously believe Sup Forums is everyone's life?

I've been trying to convince my trap loving friend that Death Grips is good and he's so fucking hard-headed about it.
He just says "I wish he would rap more." He claims when MC Ride raps he's off beat all the time.
The only song he's admitted to liking is I want It I need it.
I keep explaining to him that he needs to listen to it closely, multiple times, but he just acts like his opinion will never change.
It's frustrating because he's liked a lot of good music in the past, but he's being so fucking stubborn about this.

hhahaha you got dg normies so assblasted
nice

itt: normies swearing they aren't normies

everybody is a fucking normie in something.
stop being 12 yrs old looking for a way to feel superior in your pathetic life.

Maybe stop being such a fag and let your friends have different tastes?

Has he listened to Bottomless Pit?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Death Grips. The music is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of metaphysics concepts most of the lyrics will go over a typical listener's head. There's also MC Ride's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these lyrics, to realize that they're not just entertaining - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Death Grips truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the sorrow in Ride's existencial catchphrase "AAAAARRRRGH," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Flatlander's genius unfolds itself on their iPods. What fools... how I pity them. XD

And yes by the way, I DO have a Death Grips tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

When someone refuses to actually sit down and listen to something at least twice, rather than hearing a few songs once while drunk, and not even listening all the way through, they haven't even formed a real opinion on the band's work. I'm not denying him of his own taste. I'm trying to actually convince him to give it a chance, but he's too stubborn.
He's only heard maybe 2 or 3 songs off of Bottomless Pit, and not even all the way through. He won't give them a chance, or even sit down by himself and listen to just try to understand.

Nice pasta lad.

well maybe( this might sound crazy) he doesn't like it

>When someone refuses to actually sit down and listen to something at least twice,
have you listened to kesha's warrior twice? whats your thoughts on it?

>Implying it's not easier than ever to find strange niche art of all forms
Fucking lowest effort thinking right here

We're anonymous here, no need to try saving face

God this thread went to toxic fucking garbage real fast. I guess that's what you should expect from /mu

I'm not saying you have to listen to an entire album twice. I'm saying at least listen to one song twice. Maybe try listening to more than 3 songs if you actually want to give proper criticism on an entire band?
And I haven't heard that album, so I wouldn't even give an opinion on it. Even if I heard one shitty song off it I wouldn't give an opinion on the album as a whole.
You're a fucking idiot if you actually think it makes sense to hear a snippet of a song and completely denounce the entirety of the artist's work.

>And I haven't heard that album, so I wouldn't even give an opinion on it.
okay well listen to this twice now
youtube.com/watch?v=NOubzHCUt48

It was shit from the start, retard

>toxic meme

Come down off your high horse. If you were interesting normalfags would flock to you. Seems you are the normalfag here.

Is that what I was talking about at all? No. This is about the mainstream, society in general, not the autistic neckbeard looking for the next thing to feel better than everyone else over.

Okay, well that was shit. I've definitely actually heard it before however.
I don't see your point though. I listened to it twice and established an opinion the way I suggested, something my friend refused to do. So not exactly sure what you're trying to get across.

>Only top 100 songs are normie
Ok

nothing i was just trying to get u to listen to kesha.

Good post desu

You're talking about mainstream culture like it's coercive. You're a real victim of muh big corporatist media. The fact is mainstream culture seems more dumbed down than ever because the people who are too lazy to find something that actually appeals to them is a smaller percentage than at any time in history. The normies who were historically always in the middle of the road and had to buy from big labels and listen to the radio are free to stream and download whatever they want on demand. The only ones who are left are the lowest common denominator.

ITT: normies getting mad they're NOT being called autists

>download whatever they want on demand.
yes and? whats wrong with ppl liking the music they like? who made you supreme taste make for mankind?

Learn 2 read my dude. I'm saying normies have better taste than ever now because corporate tastemakers have less influence

do what i do. live in a cabin and mail unsolicited packages to universities.

Lol, okay

>calls me normal fag cuz I have normal fag friends
>says if I wasn't normal fag I would have normal fag friends
How fucking autistic can one man be?

No I said people who arent normalfags dont worry about this shit. Ergo you are a nomralfag. Normalfags worry about trying to fit in or getting attention for not fitting in.

>Complains about normies
>Post pic of deathgrips

uuuhhhh... are you in middle school

>taking a rick and morty copypasta and changing "rick and morty" to "death grips"

Strange times. A decade ago or so, it would have been my chemical romance being referenced by naive sheltered teens as proof they're 'different'. now it seems death grips and mac demarco have taken their place for this demographic.

well at least they're getting better taste

Yeah, MCR was shit, and it was used by kids to be "different". For the last 30 years or so, kids who were "different" listened to shit. Finally, as of 2011, the year DG EP and Exmilitary dropped, we have an actually GOOD (not just good, FUCKING GREAT) group to listen to when you are *cough* "different". Now these teens who are "different" aren't ultra-faggots, they are actually cool. The music scape has changed a lot.

>has friends
>listens to death grips in 2017
>thinks he isnt a normalfag
>is a normalfag

i seriously hope youre just a sheltred 15 year old that doesnt know better, otherwise youre the fucking worst. I will never understand normalfags that think they're somehow special or more unique than other normalfags. this recent epidemic of art hoes, edgy soundcloud rappers, and mac demarco fags is such a horrible new wave of altnormies

No.

Death grips is the numetal of rap. its awful.

WHAT DID YOU SAY, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I played Hustle Bones and Hacker to a friend in the car and he didn't seem all too bothered by it at all. But then I put on Guillotine and he immediately started making comments hinting it was too much for him.

I guess you just have to be prescient and socially conscious when it comes to shit like this. That same friend I previously played Beware to and again, he didn't seem bothered by it. That indicates to me that, at least for this specific person, you can play as much abrasive or off-kilter shit as you want but the second you venture into territory where you have what appears to be a schizophrenic homeless man screaming obscenities at you in a blood-curdling manner, the second he starts to question the sanity of both the vocalist as well as you.

>, i want the top 40 to be like dream pop meets vapor wave, meets shoegaze
hearing alt-normies talk about their idea of 'different' is fucking awful

youre the reason Sup Forums died. people like you. have a (you).

Well, to me it doesn't seem like that, I think he is just more of a TMS guy than a Exmil or NLDW guy. The Money Store sounds right up his alley.

>caring what's in the top 40